Only My time dining available

What happens when that is the only option available? Trying to book Liberty for Thanksgiving and my travel agent said that is the only option available. There is 8 of us. Will it be impossible to get a table together without waiting forever.:confused:

I've never been on a cruise on a major holiday, but you can make a reservation with MTD. We've never waited more than 15 minutes, but with 8, I would suspect your wait might be a little longer.

Bring a beverage and meet new friends in line! :D

Get on the waitlist for the dining you want. I have been put on a waitlist every cruise except one in the last 2+ years. In each case we were confirmed for the dining we wanted. Each of the cruises was booked long in advance. The only time I have not been put on a waitist was when I booked one cruise on the day iot opened. It would have been difficult for them to say the late dining was not open. LOL

I am not sure why this is happening--but, it is very common for MTD to be the only thing open.

so can you make a reservation for the whole week or on a daily basis? Thanks!!

Never been on Liberty but have done MTD on Majesty and Jewel and never had trouble making reservations for dinner (there were only 4 of us though) I would make sure all your reservations are linked (ours were) so when you call to make a dining reservation (either day of or for the whole week)there should not be an issue getting a table together.

What happens when that is the only option available? Trying to book Liberty for Thanksgiving and my travel agent said that is the only option available. There is 8 of us. Will it be impossible to get a table together without waiting forever.:confused:

What I may say, you may not want to hear --- so don't be angry at the messenger.

It seems ridiculous to me, that booking a cruise in March for Thanksgiving weekend, would only give you the option of MTD. I would find another travel agent, because what they are saying to you is ridiculous.

It would be one thing, if you were booking very close to the sail date. DH and I have booked a Thanksgiving weekend cruise within 2 months of the sail date and were able to get the dinner seating choice we wanted.

I wonder if a TA earns more commission if you are in MTD?

What I may say, you may not want to hear --- so don't be angry at the messenger.

It seems ridiculous to me, that booking a cruise in March for Thanksgiving weekend, would only give you the option of MTD. I would find another travel agent, because what they are saying to you is ridiculous.

It would be one thing, if you were booking very close to the sail date. DH and I have booked a Thanksgiving weekend cruise within 2 months of the sail date and were able to get the dinner seating choice we wanted.

They do not.

We just booked Liberty departing on Thanksgiving Day and were also told that MTD was the only option as well. Booked directly through RCI, not a travel agent.

I have cruised 14 times with Royal, and that would be an UNACCEPTABLE answer. Find someone HIGHER in the food chain.....that salesperson you spoke wants to earn a commission for booking your cruise; they should figure out a way to accommodate your desire.

As you seek a higher authority, to resolve the issue, it will magically appear that an opening in the 'seating option of your choice will happen' -- they don't want to lose a booking....someone will find a way.

I have been in sales and customer service for over 30 years, and customers who insist upon talking to supervisors/higher authorities to get what they want, usually get it.

Traditional dining options typically fill up long before anytime dining on just about any cruise line that offers both options. I have found that many times I have to book a year in advance to be certain that we get our dining preference.

I'm booked for November 2nd, Allure, and it's the same...MTD only.

Gee, we are booked on Allure for June 29th, and were given Early Dining as we requested....no nonsense, just done.

Someone is doing a wonderful 'sales job' that you the consumer are willing to accept, that only MTD is available when you request it at the time of booking.

No matter when we have booked any of our now 15 cruises (all on Royal), we have gotten the dinner seating we want -- not the one THEY want us to have. Always had great table placement in the MDR as well.

We booked a cruise on the Enchantment five days before sailing and had to take MTD. We couldn't get any of the times we wanted so just took what they gave us.

When we got onboard we went to the My Time Dining Room right away and got the early seating for all four days. We sat at the same table all four days but only had one other couple that were with us all four nights.

It worked well for us but others we spoke to didn't have such good luck. Guess it paid for us to be at the ship by 10:45 as we were onboard shortly after 11:00. The Dining Room didn't open for reservation changes until 11:30 but we were the first ones there.

Gee, we are booked on Allure for June 29th, and were given Early Dining as we requested....no nonsense, just done.

Someone is doing a wonderful 'sales job' that you the consumer are willing to accept, that only MTD is available when you request it at the time of booking.

No matter when we have booked any of our now 15 cruises (all on Royal), we have gotten the dinner seating we want -- not the one THEY want us to have. Always had great table placement in the MDR as well.

You do know that the opposite happens, too, don't you?

Someone wants MTD but it is full?

We just got back and used MTD and had the same time reserved every night. When we got there table was ready and had same table and waiters every night. Never had to wait for a table.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We booked a cruise on the Enchantment five days before sailing and had to take MTD. We couldn't get any of the times we wanted so just took what they gave us.

When we got onboard we went to the My Time Dining Room right away and got the early seating for all four days. We sat at the same table all four days but only had one other couple that were with us all four nights.

It worked well for us but others we spoke to didn't have such good luck. Guess it paid for us to be at the ship by 10:45 as we were onboard shortly after 11:00. The Dining Room didn't open for reservation changes until 11:30 but we were the first ones there.

I could see this happening when you book a cruise a handful of days before sailing. As you found out, there are ways to accommodate your needs 'as soon as you get onboard'.

I did a dummy booking on RC and it shows only MTD. Not the TA.

And ask to be added to the waiting list for your preferred traditional dining time for your people. Stuff changes all the time and you could easily end up getting it between now and boarding.

I agree that there are also times when the opposite happens - and we much prefer MyTime. We actually moved from the Oasis to the Allure because we couldn't get MyTime dining. (Itinerary didn't matter to us.)

On all of the cruises we have been on we have chosen MTD. The first afternoon we go to the MTD area and ask for a time for the week. Sometimes they have only given us the time for the first night but after eating that night we have been able to make reservations for the time we wanted for the rest of the cruise! :)