Question about an old Open Passages certificate

Sun&Sand52

Purchased an "Open Passages" (OP) certificate back in 2012 on the Millie and am tying to finally use it! Purchased one OP certificate for $100 which would provide me with $100 of OBC for an upcoming 7 day cruise. When I book using this OP certificate number, does that mean that the $100 I gave Celebrity in 2012 will now be applied to the total cost of cruise?

In other words, if total amount due for cruise is $800, I will actually owe Celebrity $700 as I have already paid them the initial $100 two years ago? In addition, I would still have $100 OBC when I board the ship?

As you can see, I was not very informed on the ins and outs of this program when I purchased it..... :o

The OP certificate can be used with a discount rate such as Senior or Military rate correct????

So many rules...... Thanks for any advice you knowledgeable cruisers can offer :)

Purchased an "Open Passages" (OP) certificate back in 2012 on the Millie and am tying to finally use it! Purchased one OP certificate for $100 which would provide me with $100 of OBC for an upcoming 7 day cruise. When I book using this OP certificate number, does that mean that the $100 I gave Celebrity in 2012 will now be applied to the total cost of cruise?

In other words, if total amount due for cruise is $800, I will actually owe Celebrity $700 as I have already paid them the initial $100 two years ago? In addition, I would still have $100 OBC when I board the ship?

As you can see, I was not very informed on the ins and outs of this program when I purchased it..... :o

The OP certificate can be used with a discount rate such as Senior or Military rate correct????

So many rules...... Thanks for any advice you knowledgeable cruisers can offer :)

Yes, the $100 you paid for the OP certificate will be applied to the cruise as the down payment. If you book with 2 in the cabin the 2nd person will also be charged a $100 deposit instead of the standard amount. The on board credit amount is based on the length of the cruise so $100 for 7 days.

You can still get a senior, military or resident rate with the OP certificate but not a beverage package such as the 123Go program. They changed this after 2012.

Mary Lou

Yes, you can get a beverage package with Passages that was purchased prior to August of 2013. Originally Celebrity was not honoring combined perks unless you purchased a Passages after August of 2013, but they amended the program a couple months ago to include old Passages to be combinable with one other perk

There was a thread to this effect, but due to SEARCH not working, can't find it

Edited by 4cats4me

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, you can get a beverage package with Passages that was purchased prior to August of 2013. Originally Celebrity was not honoring combined perks unless you purchased a Passages after August of 2013, but they amended the program a couple months ago to include old Passages to be combinable with one other perk

There was a thread to this effect, but due to SEARCH not working, can't find it

I just was told by Captain Club rep that the offer to allow you to combine an offer with the Older Passages was a limited offer and it is no longer valid.

Does anyone have any emails or document that would say otherwise? It was a special they were running with the previous 123 promos.

I just was told by Captain Club rep that the offer to allow you to combine an offer with the Older Passages was a limited offer and it is no longer valid.

Does anyone have any emails or document that would say otherwise? It was a special they were running with the previous 123 promos.

The CC rep is correct. It was valid from 8/30 - 10/6/13.

We received a mailer in November and a couple of email reminders in February about the special to combine "old" open passages with 123go. Booking dates stated for this special were Nov 29-Feb 28. We booked in February and were able to take advantage of the offer.

Following was the fine print for the offer:

** Offer only applies to Open Passage bookings deposited prior to August 1, 2013. To combine your Open Passage booking with the 123 GO! Offer ("Offer"), the following requirements must be satisfied. Cruise must be booked Nov. 29. 2013 - Feb. 28, 2014 ( "Offer Period"). Offers applies to 3-night and longer Caribbean, Alaska, Bermuda or Canada New England cruises departing February 2014 through March 2015. ("Offer Cruise"). Offers applies to ocean view and higher staterooms booked at the non-discounted standard cruise fare. Offer applies to new individual bookings and to staterooms in non-contracted group bookings that are named and deposited during the Offer Period. Classic Beverage Package for Two, Free Gratuities for Two, or Onboard Credit ("OBC"); guests must select the same option(s). Triple and higher occupancy guests each receive one 38-minute Internet Package and one Classic Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package. One Offer per stateroom. Promo code required. When booking online, notify Celebrity of the option(s) you choose by 2/28/14 or, for February 2014 cruises, 10 days prior to departure date. Codes: BEV123go for Beverage, OBC123go for OBC, and GR123go for Gratuities; for Europe cruises: EUBEVOB123go for OBC & Beverage, EUBEVGR123go for Beverage & Gratuities, and EUOBGR123go for OBC & Gratuities. Classic Beverage Package includes server gratuities. Free Gratuities option includes prepaid stateroom, waiter, assistant waiter, and head waiter gratuities in the amounts suggested by Celebrity's guidelines. All Beverage Packages: Each guest must provide date of birth by the earlier: 2/28/14 or 10 days prior to departure date for February 2014 cruises. Onboard Credit option is one per stateroom; 3-5 nights $100; 6-9 nights $200; 10 nights or more $300. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and expires 10:00 pm on the final night of the cruise. Upgrades to other Beverage Packages and Internet Packages are available for an additional charge. Internet usage terms apply. Captain's Club Classic members and higher ("CC Members") offers apply to new individual bookings made 11/29 - 1/31/2014. Classic Captain's Club Members and above receive 25 bonus Club points on Alaska, Bermuda or Caribbean sailings booked within AquaClass® and above stateroom categories, and 50% reduced deposit on bookings made more than 70 days from departure date. Reduced deposit must be paid by 2/28/14. Valid membership number required at time of booking.

Thank you both for your responses. Exactly what I was told and I just wanted to confirm since I read several posts that implied that the old passages could be combined with another promotion as a standard policy.

This does make sense.