Comparing two Regent offers

Mr Rumor

cruiseej: Thank you! I finally "get it" and have sent my TA the information from the OP and 1982CruzStart for verification from Regent. I was focused on 1982CruzStart's posts rather than the OP (not a good thing to do:-) There still seems to be some conflict since the credit was not offered.

Will post whatever I learn.

Eric, I can state with certainty that there is no language in either of the Future Cruise Deposit Certificates that I have purchased stating that "x" months after purchase the Onboard Booking Savings will be forfeited.

I sat on my first certificate for a bit longer than 1982CruzStart--ten months, to be exact--before redeeming it in November, 2013 on a cruise 16 months hence, for which I had no problem receiving the equivalent of the Onboard Booking Savings. I happened to print out the itinerary and fares at the time, and see that all categories except H were listed as "Available." I just checked the fares again and see all but three categories are "Available," so I'm confident I could still get the OBS if redeeming the certificate today. I believe that the number of cabins already booked on the cruise you intend to book has everything to do with whether or not you will succeed in securing the OBS when redeeming a Future Cruise Deposit Certificate.

If 1982CruzStart's TA hadn't made good on the OBS, I would have suggested requesting the return of the certificate so that 1982CruzStart could possibly redeem it on a future cruise for which the OBS could still be had. I agree that there is no benefit in redeeming a certificate on a cruise in which OBS is closed.

Rich

Thank you Eric for helping me to explain my point to TC. Thank you again Mr Rumor for assisting me with the explanations. I agree if the TA hadn't made good on the OBS the next best option would be to get our FCD (or FCC) back.

Eric, I understand a company using 'capacity control' methodology, which is a common business practice, as long as the customer understands that is a condition of the product they buy. I do have a problem with them not making that clear.

Anyway all's well that ends well. We will go and enjoy our cruise.

Thank you Eric for helping me to explain my point to TC. Thank you again Mr Rumor for assisting me with the explanations. I agree if the TA hadn't made good on the OBS the next best option would be to get our FCD (or FCC) back.

Eric, I understand a company using 'capacity control' methodology, which is a common business practice, as long as the customer understands that is a condition of the product they buy. I do have a problem with them not making that clear.

Anyway all's well that ends well. We will go and enjoy our cruise.

Now that I have seen it in writing (from my TA), you still should get the $200 onboard credit from Regent (even if you don't need it, it is a matter of principal:-)

The 2013 version of the Future Cruise Deposit Certificate doesn't mention a Shipboard Credit in the event Onboard Savings has been closed. Adding the $200 credit was a positive tweak in the 2014 edition of the certificate.

If it were me, I probably wouldn't bring up the $200 because it wasn't part of the deal at the time, and, as you write, 1982CruzStart, things did end well for you regarding the OBS, thanks to your TA. Trust it's not too early to wish you a terrific cruise!

Rich

The 2013 version of the Future Cruise Deposit Certificate doesn't mention a Shipboard Credit in the event Onboard Savings has been closed. Adding the $200 credit was a positive tweak in the 2014 edition of the certificate.

If it were me, I probably wouldn't bring up the $200 because it wasn't part of the deal at the time, and, as you write, 1982CruzStart, things did end well for you regarding the OBS, thanks to your TA. Trust it's not too early to wish you a terrific cruise!

Rich

Thanks Rich. It is one of those once in a lifetime cruises for me.

Now that I have seen it in writing (from my TA), you still should get the $200 onboard credit from Regent (even if you don't need it, it is a matter of principal:-)

Thanks TC2 but i think i will just leave it alone. I am happy with the resolution I have and as Rich said our certificate says nothing about a shipboard credit in lieu of the onboard savings so i think I will just let it go.