Caribbean Princess Live 3/1/2014

satxdiver

The email came around 2:15 this afternoon! I'm sure it's no biggie though. Every time we've ever followed the rules for when to show up, we arrive and it seemed like nobody else followed the rules and got there way before we did.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting since it appears, based on vessel finder that CB should be at sea buoy on time to be at dock as planned. Hopefully it's not another deep clean needed.

Friday – At Sea

Temperature today has been in the low 60’s with partial sun so not so many by the pool. Seas have been very calm so the ship is quite steady. At about 2:30 the captain announced that they had spotted a small boat and had to turn around to check it out. It was empty so it was reported and we continued on our way. This is required by international maritime regulations.

We went to the Cooking Show at 10:30 in the theater with Executive Chef Antonio Cereda and Maitre d’hotel Mario Propato. Rather than an actual cooking show, this was a comedy and very funny. MDR staff entertained with songs, skits and competition between the three MDR rooms. Later at 2:00 was the Egg Drop Challenge in the Piazza. It went on for an hour due to the large number of entries with most being successful.

We are scheduled to meet the pilot at 3 AM and to be at our berth at 7 AM.

At 11:43 PM Friday we are 80 nm from Houston according to the TV.

MUTS day schedule:

10:00 AM Mamma Mia!

Noon Sheryl Crow: Live!

2:45 PM Top Gun

5:45 PM U2 Vertigo

7:45 & 9:45 PM Philomena

British Pub – Crown Grill 11:30 AM – 2:00 PM

Dinner theme – Princess Dinner

Night entertainment:

Theater – Born to be Wild (7:00 & 8:15)

Crooners – Bert Stratton

Explorer Lounge – East Coast Connection

Wheelhouse Bar –Passion (easy listening)

Club Fusion – Princess Pop Star – Grand Final (9:15)

Piazza –Konstiantyn on piano (6:00 & 7:45), Cryptic Blue Duo (7:00), Piaza 10:30 PM – Caribbean

Skywalkers – Michael Jackson Hour (10:00)

Any idea what the pool temperature is? Are there lots of people using them? Hoping they won't be ice cold like some of the other reports I've read from other ships! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pax were in it this afternoon despite the cold outside temps. I don't usually get into the pool or hottubs so don't know any more information. On the sunny days though the pools were used quite a bit.

They did have the Princess orchestra play several times at night for ballroom music but I would have to look on the patters to see where and when.

There is no Noro on the ship as far as I know and we have not had any "clean your hands" lectures or Noro prevention measures taken. No one is watching whether a pax uses the hand sanitizer or not.

We came at noon for this cruise and they put us in a non-air conditioned tent just to the north of the terminal after checking in. Check in did start at 1:00 with them calling for the elite/suit first followed by the platinum. We had been given a boarding number (slip of paper) when we checked in and in indicated we were platinum and went when our group was called at about 15 minutes after they started. It was hot in the tent with no ventilation.

I am not sure why they are delaying it until 1:00 as we are scheduled to be on time per the captain as of noon today.

Did you have any comedians? We sailed on the nov 30 cruise and there wasn't any.

see below

Theater: Comedy Showtime with Rollin’ Jay Moore (7:00, 8:15 and 10:00)

Edited by caribill

We are off the ship and in the car. 10 agents checking passports. Suppose to meet at 8:20 to get off but we are out in parking at 8:20!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

Also off the ship and now waiting at the airport for our flight home. Enjoyed the cruise but won't be sailing out of Texas again. Such an ugly area around the port! The port itself was nice and organized, no complaints there. Belize was a huge disappointment to me and Roaton was a huge surprise. Loved it! Beautiful island and although still on the poor side, it was at least neat and clean vs dirty in Belize. Best snorkling of my life in Belize though.

On the same cruise....WONDERFUL time was had by all!!!! We arrived on time in Houston, walk off at 0705 was a little discombobulated because the Elite/Platinum were told to report to Club Fusion while other walk offs were directed to the Explores lounge....no issues....even tho we reported to Club Fusion (which worked FLAWELESSLY on 14 Dec) still off the ship and at our car at 0728:L....WHO could complain???!?!?!??!?! Drove home, called travel agent and booked 19 April cruise in 5 weeks for a wonderful deal!!!! GOTTA LOVE PRINCESS being in Texas!!!!! EXCELLENT cruise, ports, service AND staff!!!!! The ONLY way to travel!!!!!

Also off the ship and now waiting at the airport for our flight home. Enjoyed the cruise but won't be sailing out of Texas again. Such an ugly area around the port! The port itself was nice and organized, no complaints there. Belize was a huge disappointment to me and Roaton was a huge surprise. Loved it! Beautiful island and although still on the poor side, it was at least neat and clean vs dirty in Belize. Best snorkling of my life in Belize though.

Can you elaborate on the snorkeling? Was it a Princess excursion (which one) or independent? We are really looking forward to snorkeling in Belize so I am very interested!

Bayport terminal is in the middle of the Port of Houston, the second largest port in the country. Why would you not go on another cruise out of Houston because the port is ugly? What does that have to do with your enjoyment of your cruise?

We are off the ship and in the car. 10 agents checking passports. Suppose to meet at 8:20 to get off but we are out in parking at 8:20!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

Did you enjoy the 7 day itinerary? We went late November and enjoyed it. Glad you got a chance to do it, I was on the 4 day Vet cruise with you, and still appreciate the ride home :)

Can you elaborate on the snorkeling? Was it a Princess excursion (which one) or independent? We are really looking forward to snorkeling in Belize so I am very interested!

We booked an independent tour. Took a cab to the airport and had a 15 minute flight to San Pedro. Guide met us there and we walked to the snorkel boat. They took us out to the Marine Preserve and we snorkeled with the nurse sharks, saw about 5 different types of sting rays, turtles and even an eel. The reef was so beautiful and I saw fish I had never seen before in all my years of snorkeling. By far the best I've ever done. Would recommend it too.Belize Shark Ray Alley and Hol Chan Marine Park Snorkel Excursion by Air http://www.ShoreExcursioneer.com

Bayport terminal is in the middle of the Port of Houston, the second largest port in the country. Why would you not go on another cruise out of Houston because the port is ugly? What does that have to do with your enjoyment of your cruise?

We lived south of the Houston area for 7 years, so I totally knew what I was getting in to. But seeing it again, was a different story. How can you compare it when sailing out of Ft Lauderdale or San Juan? Departing is such a big part of the experience. I was just glad it was dark by the time we left because I just thought the area was so ugly. I'm sure it has it's own beauty to others, just not it for me. Wasn't convenient to anything, expensive taxi ride from Hobby, dreary and cold both coming and going. Why would I want to go back there when I can have a much more pleasant experience in another departure point? Unless things drastically improve, I don't see Princess renewing this contract for this port. Just my two cents.

I questioned Princess cruising out of Houston till I actually went on this cruise. We live in the Boston area and our non stop flight to Houston was faster than flying to FLL because we always end up with a flight with a stop to FLL. Our Princess arranged hotel and transportation to and from the port were flawless. Our embarkation and disembarkation were the easiest in our 10 years of sailing with Princess. I agree that the port does not have the appeal of FLL but it is an industrial port and most people realized this when booking. My dh and I did excursions in all three ports and enjoyed them very much. In fact we are going to book another cruise out of Houston because we enjoyed this cruise so much.

We lived south of the Houston area for 7 years, so I totally knew what I was getting in to. But seeing it again, was a different story. How can you compare it when sailing out of Ft Lauderdale or San Juan? Departing is such a big part of the experience. I was just glad it was dark by the time we left because I just thought the area was so ugly. I'm sure it has it's own beauty to others, just not it for me. Wasn't convenient to anything, expensive taxi ride from Hobby, dreary and cold both coming and going. Why would I want to go back there when I can have a much more pleasant experience in another departure point? Unless things drastically improve, I don't see Princess renewing this contract for this port. Just my two cents.

I guess each to his own! You see an ugly port, I see lots of tankers (Translate: $$$$$$)and a busy and prosperous port. One reason Houston survived the recession better than just about any city in the US and the job market is soaring! I like it here! : - )

Did you enjoy the 7 day itinerary? We went late November and enjoyed it. Glad you got a chance to do it, I was on the 4 day Vet cruise with you, and still appreciate the ride home :)

Yes we did. This was our R&R cruise after sailing on the Royal Princess a couple weeks ago. We did the same itinerary in December on the RCI out of Galveston with our youngest and his DW so we just went ashore and looked around (and had a few cervezas of course!). We have already signed up for the same time next year.

I guess each to his own! You see an ugly port, I see lots of tankers (Translate: $$$$$$)and a busy and prosperous port. One reason Houston survived the recession better than just about any city in the US and the job market is soaring! I like it here! : - )

Investors in oil and gas products think it's gorgeous!!!:p

We booked an independent tour. Took a cab to the airport and had a 15 minute flight to San Pedro. Guide met us there and we walked to the snorkel boat. They took us out to the Marine Preserve and we snorkeled with the nurse sharks, saw about 5 different types of sting rays, turtles and even an eel. The reef was so beautiful and I saw fish I had never seen before in all my years of snorkeling. By far the best I've ever done. Would recommend it too.Belize Shark Ray Alley and Hol Chan Marine Park Snorkel Excursion by Air www.ShoreExcursioneer.com

What type of plane was it from Belize to San Pedro?? Thank you.

What type of plane was it from Belize to San Pedro?? Thank you.

Single engine, had seats for about 15 or so. Other than that, couldn't tell you. Apparently they fly back and forth every hour, so a popular flight. And no TSA here. We walked up and gave our first names only and then walked on the plane.