Cunard Turns 175, Lines up Tribute Cruise Events

LauraS

I've just checked the TA's website which does say up to £210 per room for the 2nd July 12 nights but there's no mention of benefits for the 20-nighter.

I've not received an email from Cunard about the 175 years celebrations but today I received a nice Anniversary Cruises 2015 brochure from them in a gold envelope. This also contains information of cruises to/from Hamburg in May: - 3rd-5th, 9th-11th and 3rd-10th May.

The cruises go on sale at 1pm on 11th March 2014 for Platinum & Diamond Cunard World Club Members and will then close at 9pm on Wednesday 12th March before opening again at 1pm on 13th March 2014 for general sale, (UK times).

We pre-registered today for QV on 22nd May 2015, 6 nights with an overnight in Liverpool. All three Queens meeting up. Can't wait for Tuesday lunchtime!

I thought the July cruise was from Southampton calling at Liverpool. Would be great if it was starting from there.

David.

Yes there is on 4th July according to a couple of TA websites I just looked at:

Liverpool - at sea - Halifax, Nova Scotia - Boston - New York. / Fly UK

11 nights from £1,979

Yes there is on 4th July according to a couple of TA websites I just looked at:

Liverpool - at sea - Halifax, Nova Scotia - Boston - New York. / Fly UK

11 nights from £1,979

Just checked on line and you are correct. I guess the price would be the same as boarding in Soton but that would not bother me.

As a born Scouser and living 20 mins from the Liverpool dock, to board in Liverpool on this unique voyage and unique ship would be fantastic.

David.

I have now put together information from Cunard's website and information from a TA's website and information I got through the post and I hope this is now correct:

Queen Elizabeth, Q507 - 11-27 May 2015, 16 night

Southampton > Oslo > Copenhagen > Stockholm > Tallinn > St Petersburg > Warnemunde > Kirkwall > Liverpool > Southampton - from £1,849

Queen Elizabeth, - 11-25 May 2015, 14 nights

As above but Southampton to Liverpool - from £1,629

Queen Mary 2, M506 - 17-27 May 2015, 10 night

Southampton > Cobh > Dublin Bay > Greenock > Oban > Liverpool > St Peter Port > Southampton – from £1,499

Queen Victoria, V512 – 22-28 May 2015, 6 night

Southampton > St Peter Port > Liverpool > Southampton – from £899

Queen Elizabeth, Q507B – 25-27 May, 2015, 2 nights

Liverpool > Southampton – from £349

Queen Mary 2, M511D - 2-14 July 2015, 12 night

Southampton > Liverpool > Halifax > Boston > New York - from £2,249

Queen Mary 2, M511D – 2-4 July 2015, 2 nights

Southampton > Liverpool – from £349

Queen Mary 2, M511E - 2-22 July 2015, 20 night

Southampton > Liverpool > Halifax > Boston > New York > Halifax > Southampton £2,749

Queen Mary 2, M511F – 4-15 July 2015, 11 nights

Liverpool > Halifax > Boston > New York > fly UK £1,979

Hi Sikwemu

Our agent went through the new cabin gradings with us and we were offered either a minimal OBC or free parking or coach transfer. I'm not sure about the upgrade from Outside to Balcony as we actually want to try an Oceanview stateroom - we usually book a balcony. Needless to say, I have stated "no upgrade". In December we've booked a "Britannia Club" but on that occasion we are open to an upgrade, if the upgrade fairy is feeling kindly towards us, as we've also never experienced Grills. Enjoy your voyage in July.

Did your agent know what a BZ balcony was ? Mine didn't !

Did your agent know what a BZ balcony was ? Mine didn't !

To be fair, on this occasion, I was asking about Oceanview, not Balcony. I have this afternoon downloaded Cunard's iPad app, to see if I could find the answer for you, but the latest "edition" (brochure) that I could download didn't show any BZ category. My agent closed at 4pm today but they re-open at 9am tomorrow morning and if you haven't posted an answer to the query by then I am certainly happy to ask my agent what they know. Alternatively, perhaps someone else in a different time zone may be able to call someone now - and then post the response? I have to admit that I am a little intrigued.

Edited by Happyboating

I've now spoken to my agent who tells me that Cunard haven't supplied the agents with new deck plans - only a list of the new gradings and cabin numbers. The agents hope to receive new deck plans today. Needless to say, whilst cross-checking can be done, it is a laborious process today until the new deck plans are received!!!!!! That said, I have been told that the new BZ grade is equivalent to the old BD grade, ie, a sheltered balcony. I hope this helps.

Edited by Happyboating

The recategorisation of grades is also happening on QV and QE and so I have now changed my pre-registration details to blocks of specific cabin numbers rather than to just say "my first choice is grade XX and my second choice is grade XX" as some cabins are moving from one grade to another!

I hope so, I did get confirmation that BZ is sheltered, forward on Decks 4,5 & 6.

We've never been in a sheltered balcony before but I've heard lots of positive things about them so I'm looking forward to trying one.

Hope everyone gets what they want tomorrow or on Thursday.

Just curious - it has been reported that cabin categories are being changed, effective on this voyage/cruise, so where are the categories published on an official Cunard website? Thanks, -S

Edited by Salacia

Just curious - it has been reported that cabin categories are being changed, effective on this voyage/cruise, so where are the categories published on an official Cunard website? Thanks, -S

There isn't just one cruise Salacia, there are a few. Mainly:

QV - Lusitania Anniversary in May

QM2 - 10 night Around Britain in May (3 Queens In Liverpool)

QE - 16 night to the Baltic in May (3 Queens In Liverpool)

QV - 6 night St Peter Port (3 Queens In Liverpool)

QM2 Liverpool/Halifax/Boston/NY celebration in July

Booking opens today so maybe the categories will be published then on Cunard's website.

Hi Ballroom Queen. I pre-registered on Saturday with Readers Offers (ROL). Our letter said 11th & so did the travel agents. She phoned me back yesterday to say they had gone on sail earlier. She didn't know why.

Apparently someone in IT at Carnival released them early and no-one realised for a while. Once they did, all future bookings were stopped, but obviously some got through. I wouldn't like to be that person in IT :D

Have just booked the 20 day 2nd July cruise direct with Cunard and there were only 4 cabins left in the grade and area that I wanted, so I think most trips will have sold out by the end of today.

Just booked the July 2015 Liverpool to NY direct with Cunard.

Rang at 1pm and listened to music for 10 minutes but bagged a mid ships cabin on deck 11.

Cabins were booking fast. Don't think this will take long to sell out.

20 minutes drive to QM2. May not ever see that again.

David.

Just booked the July 2015 Liverpool to NY direct with Cunard.

Rang at 1pm and listened to music for 10 minutes but bagged a mid ships cabin on deck 11.

Cabins were booking fast. Don't think this will take long to sell out.

20 minutes drive to QM2. May not ever see that again.

David.

We will be neighbours!! We are on deck 11 too!! Tempted to go from Liverpool as we are only 30 minutes away and it is my home town, but as we are doing the round trip it made more sense to drive down and leave the car in Southampton. Plus I love the sail into Liverpool and seeing everyone lined up to greet her. :)

Edited by Highly Sociable

We're not supposed to mention travel agents by name !

Mine said it had been manic, we're on the QM2 on May 17th.

Hope everyone got what they wanted.

Oops, sorry about that! I'll get in to trouble for that :(

That would explain what happened, someone will be in trouble in IT.

Edited by cinta