Cunard Turns 175, Lines up Tribute Cruise Events

LauraS

Any idea what will be the date of the three ships meeting in Southampton?

9th May 2015.

I think the only new item in that article is that the QV will be in Cobh on 7th May.

I've just received an email about the special voyages for next year. They go on sale from 11.00am on 11th March, diamonds and platinums get first dibs.

It's going to be like booking tickets for Springsteen.

Thanks for that. I hope they publish the itineraries a couple of days before they go on sale.

Edit:

It's on Cunard's website now. The 13th March for everyone else.

http://www.cunard.co.uk/campaigns/anniversary-cruises/175-celebration/

Queen Victoria, V510

03-10 May 2015, 7 night

Southampton > St Peter Port > Le Havre > Cobh > Dublin > Southampton

Fares from £799

Edited by Ray66

Queen Elizabeth, Q507

11-27 May 2015, 16 night

Southampton > Oslo > Copenhagen > Stockholm > Tallinn > St Petersburg > Warnemunde > Kirkwall > Liverpool > Southampton £1,849

Queen Mary 2, M506

17-27 May 2015, 10 night

Southampton > Cobh > Dublin Bay > Greenock > Oban > Liverpool > St Peter Port > Southampton £1,499

Queen Victoria, V512

03-10 May 2015, 7 night

Southampton > St Peter Port > Liverpool > Southampton £899

Queen Mary 2, M511D

2-14 July 2015, 12 night

Southampton > Liverpool > Halifax > Boston > New York £2,249

Queen Mary 2, M511E

2-22 July 2015, 20 night

Southampton > Liverpool > Halifax > Boston > New York > Halifax > Southampton £2,749

The three ships will be in Southampton on 3rd May, QV will then be leaving for her Lusitania commemoration voyage.

BTW whenever a Queen is in Cobh, the Master and senior officers lay a wreath at the Lusitania peace memorial. This is always well attended by The Irish Defence Forces Veterans Association, local dignitaries and local people.

I've just rung the number given on the email to get further details of the voyages from one of their "experts" and the girl I got through to didn't know what I was talking about.

They've given the itineraries and from prices, I'm not sure what else they can give at the moment? :)

I've just received an email about the special voyages for next year. They go on sale from 11.00am on 11th March, diamonds and platinums get first dibs.

It's going to be like booking tickets for Springsteen.

Well I've managed that a few times so I'm hopeful !

I got a flyer in the post today from a TA and they quote 2 nights 25th May on the QE Liverpool to Southampton from £349 and 2 nights on the QM2 2nd July Southampton to Liverpool from £349.

The QM2 on 2nd July is part of a 20 night cruise Southampton-Southampton.

Edited by Ray66

We have just pre-registered with our agent for the "Lucitania Remembered" voyage. Our agent was able to refer to paper notes, which Cunard have supplied, re prices for all categories. I now look forward to the call back after 1.00pm next Tuesday confirming our booking. So, if you want more information re prices, call your agents. That said, I spoke to a small agent in town yesterday and they hadn't got a clue! GOOD LUCK.

The flyer I received yesterday from a TA has all the category prices on it. It was issued on 5/3/14 and printed on 26/2/14. The QM2 17th May and QM2 2nd July cruises have a free upgrade from outside to balcony (obstructed no doubt).

I pre-registered as well today for the July trip but my T/A still didn't exactly know what the (yet again) new cabin grades are. She knows where we like though so I'm sure she'll do us okay.

Interestingly she said there would be virtually no offers other than a miniscule obc because Cunard know the ship'll be full.

The benefits mentioned in my flyer are: OBC ($210 for July) and 5% past passenger discount. The May ones (apart from 22nd May on QV) all offer either OBC, free parking or coach transfrer and 5% past passenger discount.

The QE cruise to the Baltic in May is also offered as 14 nights from Southampton to Liverpool.

Edited by Ray66

The benefits mentioned in my flyer are: OBC ($210 for July) and 5% past passenger discount. The May ones (apart from 22nd May on QV) all offer either OBC, free parking or coach transfrer and 5% past passenger discount.

The QE cruise to the Baltic in May is also offered as 14 nights from Southampton to Liverpool.

In my 'flyer', the 2 July 2015 cruise does also include the free upgrade from an Outside to a Balcony Stateroom.

Additionally, the QE cruise to the Baltic in May is quoted as a 16 day Southampton to Southampton.

In my 'flyer', the 2 July 2015 cruise does also include the free upgrade from an Outside to a Balcony Stateroom.

Additionally, the QE cruise to the Baltic in May is quoted as a 16 day Southampton to Southampton.

Yes, that's what I put in posts number 7 and 18 :)

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41920925&postcount=7

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41934389&postcount=18

I pre-registered as well today for the July trip but my T/A still didn't exactly know what the (yet again) new cabin grades are. She knows where we like though so I'm sure she'll do us okay.

Interestingly she said there would be virtually no offers other than a miniscule obc because Cunard know the ship'll be full.

Hi Sikwemu

Our agent went through the new cabin gradings with us and we were offered either a minimal OBC or free parking or coach transfer. I'm not sure about the upgrade from Outside to Balcony as we actually want to try an Oceanview stateroom - we usually book a balcony. Needless to say, I have stated "no upgrade". In December we've booked a "Britannia Club" but on that occasion we are open to an upgrade, if the upgrade fairy is feeling kindly towards us, as we've also never experienced Grills. Enjoy your voyage in July.

Wow Ray, that's exactly double what I was told, so is that possibly QG? I am a lowly in-hull person. Just for interest I've bounced around some of the Cruise Club websites and none that I can find are offering anything other than OBCs for the July cruise from Liverpool. They might look as if they do but when you read it again they are all Southampton.

I did try looking on the Cunard site but it decided it didn't want to share any information with me:)