Complimentary Cocktail hour(s) on Celebrity?

stones902

Normally we are RCI cruisers but this November we have decided to give Celebrity a try for the first time in 14 years. Our status in RCI's customer loyalty program gets us to Elite Status in Celebrity. In addition, we have booked a Celebrity Suite to celebrate an anniversary on this cruise. Being unfamiliar with how things are done on Celebrity, will they offer complimentary cocktails each evening similar to the DL or CL on Royal Caribbean? We really don't drink much beer or wine but we are interested in mixed drinks / martinis, etc. Just trying to learn what we can anticipate on a celebrity cruise during happy hours. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Normally we are RCI cruisers but this November we have decided to give Celebrity a try for the first time in 14 years. Our status in RCI's customer loyalty program gets us to Elite Status in Celebrity. In addition, we have booked a Celebrity Suite to celebrate an anniversary on this cruise. Being unfamiliar with how things are done on Celebrity, will they offer complimentary cocktails each evening similar to the DL or CL on Royal Caribbean? We really don't drink much beer or wine but we are interested in mixed drinks / martinis, etc. Just trying to learn what we can anticipate on a celebrity cruise during happy hours. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Yes, they do however, if there are a lot of elites onboard, you will receive vouchers (3 per night) that you are able to use in most of the bars, but not the dining room and a couple of other exclusions.

The cocktail hour is usually about 5 - 7 PM. I don't know from personal experience but you may have to let the captains club know that you are seeking the reciprocal benefits due to your RCCL status.

The cocktails served are usually what you can get on the classic beverage package. There is red or white wine, beer, cosmopolitans, appletinis, etc. I don't think I saw things like margaritas or any frozen drinks but have made cocktails that were allowed on the classic package....not a lot of variety but I am not complaining at all.

You will be happy with your decision. Our 1st RCCL sailing was in 1987, we are only Emerald with 57 days. Our 1st X sailing was in 1994 and with our Nov sailing we will finally reach the Elite level. ( which will give us D on Royal! )

Call C&A and get your level cross referenced with the Capt Club so you will not miss any perks. There should be a sheet in your cabin that has the benefit coupons on it, like the booklet from C&A.

Which sailing have you chosen?

Yes I have linked our statuses with both lines. Confirmed same as well on Celebrity Cruises website. I was a bit concerned because our first cruise on Celebrity was long ago pre RCI days (we did register for Captains Club) but everything does seem to be recorded properly. I have to say as well that reciprocal benefits between both cruise lines was a big draw for us.

How do you know if you have any status from RCCL? We previously sailed on three RCCL cruises - more than 5 years ago. Does this entitle us to any status on Celebrity?

It depends on the level of your RCCL status in their program. Details are here: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=340&faqSubjectName=Crown+%26+Anchor+Society&faqId=971

How do you know if you have any status from RCCL? We previously sailed on three RCCL cruises - more than 5 years ago. Does this entitle us to any status on Celebrity?

Did you sign up and join C&A back then? Call the C&A desk, they can answer your questions.