Best Beach in Cozumel?

katyco4

Hello All! I'm going on my first cruise in April with my mom and 2 sisters. I'm so excited. We would rather not do an excursion in Cozumel but just want to find a nice beach to relax on with some decent food nearby. Any suggestions?

The beach clubs are pretty much next to each other along the same beach.

So it just depends on what you want to pay for.

Nachi is an AI.

Paradise and I think Sanchos are ala carte, or you can buy a package like at Nachi.

I don't know of a stretch of beach that doesn't belong to a club, but someone else might know of one.

Hello All! I'm going on my first cruise in April with my mom and 2 sisters. I'm so excited. We would rather not do an excursion in Cozumel but just want to find a nice beach to relax on with some decent food nearby. Any suggestions?

Google Mr Sanchos. A nice all inclusive resort for about $50 per person for the day all you can eat and drink.They do have a pay as you go side as well

The food is really good and plenty of drinks for $50 :)

We did nachi cocum. I read up before hand and it seemed like nachi was quiet while mr sanchos is a bit louder. We wanted quiet. We went on a day that seemed like not many people there. The beach was beautiful. Food was terrific. $50 for food and all you can drink.

Edited by kona_wahine

As mentioned above most of the popular beach clubs are lined up along one side of the island, so the water and sand quality will be almost identical -- the difference is in the amenities and how they price their services. Do you want pay-as-you-go or all-inclusive? :confused: Do you want water toys? :confused: Do you want a beach club with a pool/swim-up bar? :confused:

Hello,

I just got back from a cruise that stopped on Cozumel. We caught a cab just outside the cruise terminal and went to Paradise beach and LOVED it. It was super clean, had a beautiful clean large pool, a lovely beach, water toys for kids (like water trampoline, slides, etc..), a nice restaurant, and lockers to rent if you need one. The bathrooms were very clean, a huge plus, and we felt safe there. It is not an all inclusive option. You pay for what you eat/use. We paid (per person) $3.00 for a beach lounge chair, $13.00 to use the water toys, and we had to spend $10.00 each on drinks/lunch. The food was good. They only ask that you spend $10.00 per person on drinks/food, other than that, you pay for what you use. It was a fairly quick ride in the cab to get there.

Whatever you pick, have a GREAT time!!

Thanks everyone! It looks like it will be Paradise Beach or Mr. Sanchos. We want pay as you go since we are not big eaters or drinkers. We don't need activities either. Just a place to lounge and maybe a few shops.

Thanks everyone! It looks like it will be Paradise Beach or Mr. Sanchos. We want pay as you go since we are not big eaters or drinkers. We don't need activities either. Just a place to lounge and maybe a few shops.

Either will meet your needs (pool is bigger at PB if that is a factor) and cab fare will be identical. There is much better shopping near the piers than you will find at any beach club. :cool:

Nachi Cocom won't allow more than 100 people per day, so the beach is usually not overcrowded, but like someone else said, it's $50 all-inclusive.

for pay-as-you-go, I like the beach at the "Playa Azul" hotel, just north of town.

If you just want a beach to sit on, & maybe do a little swimming, I'd suggest Money Bar. There's no fee, but ordering some food (decent) & a drink would be appreciated by them. There are tables with umbrellas, also some loungers under some shade. There's not much of a "shore", fairly rocky, but wonderful snorkeling if you want to try that. You can rent equipment there. It's a 10 -15 minute cab ride from the pier (not the downtown one).

I understand that The Money Bar is Dzul Ha beach. We haven't been there in many years, but loved it the two times we were there. The snorkeling was amazing. The beach is rocky going into the water so you might want something to protect your feet. We plan on going again in April!