Car Dealer Charters Brilliance!

Remember last year when Fuccillo Kia chartered Majesty of the Seas?

Well, he's doing it again, only this is on Brilliance and it's a 5 dayer (Dec. 6).

I know some people thought he wasn't doing well, couldn't fill the ship, was losing $$$$, etc. Doesn't look like it. He's upgraded the ship and added a day. Good for him! All you have to do is purchase or lease any new Kia.

I can't stand that......

What's that Caroline... it's Huuuggggeeeeee...

Guy.

Wait what? :rolleyes:

I'd gladly take a 5 day cruise on Brilliance along with the purchase of a new car though. But not a Kia. Maybe one day Subaru will run a promotion like that. :p

I can't stand that......

What's that Caroline... it's Huuuggggeeeeee...

Guy.

Wait what? :rolleyes:

I'd gladly take a 5 day cruise on Brilliance along with the purchase of a new car though. But not a Kia. Maybe one day Subaru will run a promotion like that. :p

I think you mean Huuugggaaaaa!!! :)

I didn't realize just exactly how huge he is!!

Cool promotion. But I thought I remembered last years promotion degrading to the point where he was even offering to cover your airfare down to the port to catch the ship. You'd have to imagine it will degrade like that once again with a larger ship.

Maybe he hopes to sell a lot of the new Kia K900s. Just saw the advertisement yesterday. New Model. $65,000 ~ for a Kia!:eek:

Have you sat in a KIA recently? They are top notch cars. I'm sure for the $65,000 entry price you are getting the same stuff as a $100,000+ BMW/Merc/Audi, all three of which will probably be way less reliable than the KIA ;)

He's up here too. How annoying.

Yep. Same commercials and all. I had a friend that worked for Fuccillo Hyundai in Syracuse and as long as they sold a certain number of cars in in June they all got a cruise. They succeeded and at the time it was a Western Caribbean Princess Cruise.

Cool promotion. But I thought I remembered last years promotion degrading to the point where he was even offering to cover your airfare down to the port to catch the ship. You'd have to imagine it will degrade like that once again with a larger ship.

Have you sat in a KIA recently? They are top notch cars. I'm sure for the $65,000 entry price you are getting the same stuff as a $100,000+ BMW/Merc/Audi, all three of which will probably be way less reliable than the KIA ;)

I will keep my Mercedes and pay for my own cruise.

I have a Mercedes, my brother has a recent Kia. Based on quality, reliability and price - I'll definitely be looking at Kia (or Hyundai) next time vs. looking at another Mercedes.

Edited by LetsGetWet!

Kia does not now or will they ever make a car that comes close to a Mercedes AMG.

look how far they've come in 10 years... just wait :)

(their chief designer came from Audi)

now back to cruising ;)

25 years ago who would have thought that Carnival would have ever wound up owning Cunard, Princess and HAL (among others)

So I haven't read the fine print on the deal, but if he charters the entire ship...who would get a suite? More expensive the car you buy, nicer cabin you get?

Kia does not now or will they ever make a car that comes close to a Mercedes AMG.

Kia doesn't have a super sedan yet, but their sister company Hyundai certainly does ;) R-Spec Genesis sedan 429 Korean Horsepowers.

HyundaiGenesisRSpec.jpg

So I haven't read the fine print on the deal, but if he charters the entire ship...who would get a suite? More expensive the car you buy, nicer cabin you get?

Kia doesn't have a super sedan yet, but their sister company Hyundai certainly does ;) R-Spec Genesis sedan 429 Korean Horsepowers.

HyundaiGenesisRSpec.jpg

Kia K900 has 420 ponies

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20140123/CARNEWS/140129907

HyundaiGenesisRSpec.jpg

You are about 150 horsepower short.

You are about 150 horsepower short.

To each their own. At this time in life I prefer to invest in appreciating assets, not depreciating assets that I can play "mine is bigger than yours" with, and get to the next stop light a tenth of a second faster with... ;)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

To each their own. At this time in life I prefer to invest in appreciating assets, not depreciating assets that I can play "mine is bigger than yours" with, and get to the next stop light a tenth of a second faster with... ;)

I will be the first to admit I have a weekness for fast cars. But if you are worried about depreciation then you shouldn't be buying cars that have a six figure price tag to start with.

I will be the first to admit I have a weekness for fast cars. But if you are worried about depreciation then you shouldn't be buying cars that have a six figure price tag to start with.

Glad you understand! I've never bought a car at anywhere near a six figure price tag. My point, exactly!

I had a Kia once. Totaled it at 4mph in an ice storm with less than 70k on the odometer. Front wheel tagged a curb and shattered the transmission completely. Junk.

I'll stick to my Mustangs. Spun a 2k into a snowbank and didn't even scratch it a couple of years ago. 2005s and later are more sure-footed and get better mileage.

Going back to ships now... :)

I had a Kia once. Totaled it at 4mph in an ice storm with less than 70k on the odometer. Front wheel tagged a curb and shattered the transmission completely. Junk.

I'll stick to my Mustangs. Spun a 2k into a snowbank and didn't even scratch it a couple of years ago. 2005s and later are more sure-footed and get better mileage.

Going back to ships now... :)

Cement curbs are MUCH harder than snowbanks... Just sayin'... ;)