Reflections on Reflection

gisnered

Sorry...first of all I don't want to hear how elite somebody is. This is a cruise on a ship carrying 3k people. You are going to get noise. I am leaving in 2 weeks and don't want my bubble busted from someone that should be traveling on HA with more senior travelers. Not that there is anything wrong with seniors but that's the kind of cruise someone like this should be on. We are in our mid 50's and this is my 25th cruise. No I won't call myself elite!!! I can't wait to get on that ship and relax during the day and make some NOISE at night. Really what were you expecting on a ship this large??? Why did you not travel with regent? You can really say you are elite then!!!

I couldn't agree with you more. The OP doesn't want to come off as "elite" or "privileged", and is of course entitled to his own opinion, but I was on the Reflection on the February 1 sailing -- had such a "lousy" time that we have already re-booked the same ship for a family cruise in November.

I can be pretty picky, but I cannot come up with one negative from my recent cruise. Was the music a little louder than previous cruises on Celebrity? Absolutely, but never to the point of intrusive (and I'm in my 50's) -- you could always get away from it if you wanted to. As others have stated, it really gave the ship more of a party atmosphere. With the exception of the last night of the cruise, all of the production shows were better than on any of my previous sailings.

Unless you're bringing clothes for a month on a 1-week cruise, there is plenty of well-thought-out storage space in the typical veranda cabins. Besides the three drawers mentioned, there is ample storage space above the bed, and the closet has probably 30 hangers in it. What the heck do people bring with them on a cruise that takes up so much space so as to complain about lack of storage?

The grass was brown??? Something must have gotten to it in the past couple of weeks, because on the February 1 sailing, there wasn't a green blade of grass out of place.

I sail Celebrity because I have come to expect near perfection on these cruises at an affordable price. I realize that you can't please everyone, but I also think that some people just look for the negatives. If there is anyone on the fence about sailing on the Reflection, I couldn't encourage you more to book your cruise on this ship and have the time of your lives!

I'll be boarding the Reflection tomorrow and, after reading so many negative posts, sure hope I won't be sorry for trying Celebrity. Lots of loud music and virtually no storage space in the cabin certainly doesn't sound like an upscale cruise ship. If it's true, I'll be glad to get back to Princess next fall where it's quiet and relaxing with tons of storage space in the cabin.

P.S. The OP's review has such a negative undertone that I'm trying to take it with a grain of salt. Some people just have the "glass-half-empty" attitude.

I'll be boarding the Reflection tomorrow and, after reading so many negative posts, sure hope I won't be sorry for trying Celebrity. Lots of loud music and virtually no storage space in the cabin certainly doesn't sound like an upscale cruise ship. If it's true, I'll be glad to get back to Princess next fall where it's quiet and relaxing with tons of storage space in the cabin.

P.S. The OP's review has such a negative undertone that I'm trying to take it with a grain of salt. Some people just have the "glass-half-empty" attitude.

Do a quick search, there are quite a few new threads with reviews stating the opposite. Reflection last Nov was 100 % better than our sailing on the Ruby Princess in Nov 2012! We joined the Captian's Circle in 1992.

February 7th the grass was green. And we are in our early 50's. Loved it. Not one complaint. Booked already for next year. It was our first Celebrity. We usually are on princess cruisers. We had so much fun. Loved Blu. Loved the wine and martini bar. Loved our room.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We will be joining you on the reflection tomorrow. While we have never been on this ship before, we have sailed on two other Solstice class ships. In my opinion, they are simply wonderful. The Martini bar and Molecular bar are our favorites. Hope to meet you at the Martini Bar tomorrow at around 5pm. My husband will be wearing a blue golf shirt with a logo that says "The Villages" and I will have on a top that has butterflies on it.

We will be joining you on the reflection tomorrow. While we have never been on this ship before, we have sailed on two other Solstice class ships. In my opinion, they are simply wonderful. The Martini bar and Molecular bar are our favorites. Hope to meet you at the Martini Bar tomorrow at around 5pm. My husband will be wearing a blue golf shirt with a logo that says "The Villages" and I will have on a top that has butterflies on it.

Well, you won't find us there because neither of us drinks alcohol and we don't go to bars. We usually hang out on our balcony - prefer reading a book, relaxing and privacy. We're going on this trip to de-stress. Any cruise is a good cruise - just hope all these negative statements are from "Debbie Downer" type folks. ;)

Edited by Go-Bucks!

My husband will be wearing a blue golf shirt with a logo that says "The Villages" and I will have on a top that has butterflies on it.

One of our best Celebrity cruise friends just left Arkansas and moved to the Villages!

We were on the Reflection last week (2/22) and in my review I mentioned that I thought the entertainment was not as good as 2 years ago but never complained about the volume. It is a great ship with very good food and beautiful. I just don't "get" the Miami DJ's and what they are supposed to be and the fact they seemed to be at every venue banging away. I also thought the party band VIBES, while good, did not play the type of music that was obviously popular with the vast majority of the passengers. When they played dance music (yes, even new dance tunes) you could not find a place on the atrium floor. Then they went into something that was undanceable and the floor cleared. But this would NOT keep me from cruising Celebrity. While I don't like some of their entertainment decisions I know some probably do and X is still my choice of main stream lines.

Celebrity has ten cruise ships. After our experience from the inaugurals and two cruises last year, it will remain our tenth favourite Celebrity ship.

Staff on board have consistently offered a louder background of noise, including trivia events than any other X ship that we have enjoyed. Sure it's beautiful but we prefer all the other M-class and S-class to Reflection.

Choice is wonderful. We all have our favourites but Refection will never be the place where we will go when other Celebrity ships offer a superior experience for relaxation, entertainment and itinerary to satisfy our preferences.

Since the CD has already announced "if you don't like the noise, go elsewhere," (according to several posters) we'll take his advice and avoid his style of providing Modern Luxury.

Celebrity has ten cruise ships...
plus one wonderful "cruise boat".

The Xpedition is my favorite of the 13 Celebrity ships I have sailed.

If she was a little less expensive, I'd be on her every year.:)

Thom

Edited by TravelerThom

We were on the Reflection at the end of January and thought it was wonderful. We sat at the pool all day on the three sea days and never found it to be too loud---to me it was a fun ,party atmosphere! The indoor pool was very serene. I wasn't at work for seven days instead I was sailing in the Caribbean on a beautiful ship. I was ready to party!

We sailed on Reflection in December 2012. For us the size was just too large. We felt like sardines. Our comfortable size limit was the Eclipse. We loved that ship and the number of people onboard was just right. There were more public areas and more space to move around. The elevators were also less crowded. We are so excited to sail on the Silhouette this year. Can't wait.

We sailed on Reflection in December 2012. For us the size was just too large. We felt like sardines. Our comfortable size limit was the Eclipse. We loved that ship and the number of people onboard was just right. There were more public areas and more space to move around. The elevators were also less crowded. We are so excited to sail on the Silhouette this year. Can't wait.

Don't look now but they are both S-Class ships and the only difference is the Silly carries 180 less of us. Same size, same basic gross tonnage. ( bout 4,000 less )

Edited by wallie5446

Wishing you a great cruise!! We moved to Celebrity from RCCL looking for a better smoking policy and we loved it! Please come back to us with your opinions about the Reflection. Happy Cruising!:)

I guess everything is relative and subjective. We just got of Reflecton and loved it. Until reading posts never thought twice that this ship is 'loud'. In fact the only time we were truly annoyed on a ship was on Princess with the Movies under the Stars or whatever it was. You could not escape a blaring movie or show soundtrack while using the pool. I had thought this was a neat idea until I experienced it. On S class you can always move over to the covered pool area which is absolutely silent.

Sorry I'm a newbie and am leaving Saturday where is the luggage stored once you unpack and if under the bed is there a depth size . I have a plastic suitcase so I can't squish it. Or do they collect them and move them some where else. I got the three drawers. I bought foldable squares for the overhead bind , any ideas on height? Do the cupboards have hangers?

You might benefit from this video:

Got off the Reflection last week. This was our 19th Celebrity cruise, and in the past we have been loyal supporters of the brand, as it offered (past tense) a relaxing, classy , upscale vacation.

The ship is stunning; food great; service excellent etc.

But the volume of "music" from Miami DJs and Vibe was unbearable! And being at the main pool, and in the central lobby, it is really hard to avoid.

This is the first Caribbean cruise where we never spent most of the day by the pool. Not only was the music loud at the pool, but when the music took a break, there was screeching from the entertainment staff :eek:

For a line that prides itself on its Modern Luxury ambience, with minimal announcements etc, this new policy just does not make sense.

got off the reflection last week. This was our 19th celebrity cruise, and in the past we have been loyal supporters of the brand, as it offered (past tense) a relaxing, classy , upscale vacation.

The ship is stunning; food great; service excellent etc.

But the volume of "music" from miami djs and vibe was unbearable! And being at the main pool, and in the central lobby, it is really hard to avoid.

This is the first caribbean cruise where we never spent most of the day by the pool. Not only was the music loud at the pool, but when the music took a break, there was screeching from the entertainment staff :eek:

For a line that prides itself on its modern luxury ambience, with minimal announcements etc, this new policy just does not make sense.

ditto!!!

I just shot off an email to Captains Club online so they would see all the threads about noise and loud music lately...hopefully they will study this trend and come up with a more enjoyable atmosphere...hope so as I detest not being able to carry on a decent conversation!!!:rolleyes:

I guess everything is relative and subjective. We just got of Reflecton and loved it. Until reading posts never thought twice that this ship is 'loud'. In fact the only time we were truly annoyed on a ship was on Princess with the Movies under the Stars or whatever it was. You could not escape a blaring movie or show soundtrack while using the pool. I had thought this was a neat idea until I experienced it. On S class you can always move over to the covered pool area which is absolutely silent.

I will be on Reflection 22nd Mar B2B so will report back with my thoughts....

On the other major blog site, we cant mention, there is no one complaining about LOUD music who have just returned just praise for the ship and crew.

These can be found on both the X and reflection pages.

X reads them too......

Where did you encounter this situation please? I got off Reflection yesterday and did not experience this at all.

Good, glad to hear it:);):D......sailing Reflection in November

(hi Becci).....and so it will be nice to not have to yell over the

volume.

I experienced it on Century last month in the Martini Bar:rolleyes:.....