Handicap room but don't need it

Cruise Junky

I have a dilemma. We looked at booking a med 2015 cruise today and need an inside. My choices were right at the front on 7 or a handicap room on 4. I feel bad about booking a handicap room but really don't want the front either as I suffer from motion sickness. What would you do? I assume if someone needs the room Oceania may just move me anyway?

take the deck 4 cabin ..if it is needed you will be moved

There is one cabin on deck 4 that is not H/C 4038

You could always go to the Cat F insides on a higher deck

Lyn

Edited by LHT28

take the deck 4 cabin ..if it is needed you will be moved

There is one cabin on deck 4 that is not H/C I think ..maybe that is the one you are offered ?

Lyn

Thanks. The one you're referring to didn't look to be available.

It would appear this is on a R ship and the handicap cabins do have a tub. A lovely huge one. We had one of those cabins and it was great. Would take again in a heartbeat. No need to feel bad if it is on offer. They no longer allow them to be booked on request and if it is needed for someone they will relocate you. On 4 you will feel very little motion.

Mo

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I feel very sad when I read this. My husband is paraplgic, we need an accessible stateroom. It never happened that we got an accessible room once this was booked! Sometimes we saw non handicapped people leaving a cabin we asked for and were told it was booked! If Oceania offers accessible staterooms to abled bodied guests two years earlier a handicapped will not habe the Chance to book this cruise!

Ha, I wrote this response as a reply to the email notification! First time for that. Here you go.

They don't. They must be offering it for a reason but I'm sure will relocate the person if need be. They used to allow them to be booked, but haven't for at least a couple of years.

I understand your frustration. I used to be a nurse, my husband looks after spinal cord patients and our daughter now uses a walker and wheelchair intermittently for EDS. Two years ago she could run 15 K without breathing hard. It's been a tough ride.

Mo

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I have a dilemma. We looked at booking a med 2015 cruise today and need an inside. My choices were right at the front on 7 or a handicap room on 4. I feel bad about booking a handicap room but really don't want the front either as I suffer from motion sickness. What would you do? I assume if someone needs the room Oceania may just move me anyway?

We had one of the front G cabins on deck 7 on two trips and loved it!

I have motion sickness problems but never noticed a problem. It's very quiet there because only two "fancy" cabins across and one next to. Never had any noise problem.

We had one of the front G cabins on deck 7 on two trips and loved it!

I have motion sickness problems but never noticed a problem. It's very quiet there because only two "fancy" cabins across and one next to. Never had any noise problem.

That's good to know. Thank you. I really don't want to take up a handicap cabin. We'd be sailing Rome to Istanbul so I'm not expecting it to be too bad for motion. Thanks for the input.

So now I have a dilemma ....I could book a handicap room in 4 or I could take an inside guarantee. I'm thinking that if they need a handicap cabin they'll move me anyway so why not roll the dice on a guarantee. Thoughts?

Either way you will have a cabin

You could also ask to w/l for the specific cabin on deck 4 that is not H/C

should it become available