Journey Drydock Photos

Andy

New Photos (March 7th)

Note : My apologies. I will post all captions going forward.

====================

Caption : GOOD NEWS: The Prop is back on the shaft & being checked by the technicians

BiKvGD-CQAA7Zfc.jpg:large

Edited by Host Andy

Caption : Fine adjustments to the prop' take time & patience. But who is in a hurry ?

BiKvo59CQAACtjv.jpg:large

Edited by Host Andy

Caption : A close up of the nice new & shiny seal placed by our dry dock technicians. Working 24/7 to makethis happen

BiKwh6yCQAAOiyW.jpg:large

Caption : A close up of the nice new & shiny seal placed by our dry dock technicians. Working 24/7 to makethis happen

BiKwh6yCQAAOiyW.jpg:large

Wow, I am not a propeller expert by a mile but is that a weld/braze seam on that prop, or is that a rope or something? And look at the prop blade where the bent area was ground out and not rebuilt (top blade above the seam/rope). This guy has been around the block. My guess is that a new propeller is on order for the next dry dock. Amazing to me that a shaft seal could be supplied on such short notice, maybe those things are more standard parts than I assumed.

Edited by Sailin' Shoes

Wow' date=' I am not a propeller expert by a mile but is that a weld/braze seam on that prop, or is that a rope or something? And look at the prop blade where the bent area was ground out and not rebuilt (top blade above the seam/rope). This guy has been around the block. My guess is that a new propeller is on order for the next dry dock. Amazing to me that a shaft seal could be supplied on such short notice, maybe those things are more standard parts than I assumed.[/quote']

It is a rope. The prop is fine with that cutout and will be replaced or rebuilt no doubt at another time.

shaft seals are typically always in stock at drydock facilities.

Rest assured.

In another life, I worked on ships (engine room) and have been part of many drydocks, engine rebuilds/replace, and ship builds.

More Drydock Photos. Note : She's leaving the Drydock within the next several hours.

Caption : An old last Dry Dock day tradition to keep the bottom dry! Cpt jason joins in the fun.

BiQecnhCAAIeaq1.jpg:large

Caption : All the Snr Officers and Thomas Fedoration saying farewell to Dry Dock & looking forward to sailing

BiQfO4wCIAAZJBA.jpg

Here's a photo from Captain Johannes, of the dock being refilled with water. This was taken about 22 hours ago. Nice to see he's rejoined Journey !

999964_10152266516880726_1970061242_n.jpg

Here's another Azamazing photo. "Props" to Captain Johannes for the fantastic photo ! Sorry, I couldn't resist the prop joke :)

1779154_10152266510460726_2145469989_n.jpg

Does anyone know if , as long as Journey was is dry dock for the propeller repair, they did any other refurbishment of the ship?

Hi Sabbo,

As this was an "unscheduled drydock", other than the repair at hand, and probably routine cleaning and such... I doubt much else was done. Perhaps AzamaraJoel will reply on this thread. Hope this helps !