Tv

MIKEXXXX

I just returned from a Carnival cruise. On the TV,(I believe that i was watching TCM) it said the a certain movie will air 21.00MX 22.00CH & 24.00PE

Are those time zones and how are they interpreted? Since I was on a ship, I follow ship time which changes from port to port. thanks

I just returned from a Carnival cruise. On the TV,(I believe that i was watching TCM) it said the a certain movie will air 21.00MX 22.00CH & 24.00PE

Are those time zones and how are they interpreted? Since I was on a ship, I follow ship time which changes from port to port. thanks

Until I saw the letters after the numbers, I was thinking "military time". Sorry, don't think I know the answer.

Ships time does not always change port to port. In the Caribbean, it is entirely possible to have no time zone changes. Ship will always announce if there is a time difference, when ship's clocks will be forward or back and it will be clearly indicated at the gangway what time the ship is operating on. Sometimes the ship's time remains the same and does not match port time.

As to the times you are questioning here, did you ask while you were aboard? I probably would have called the front office or asked the concierge what thoses times meant.

Edited by sail7seas

The ship carries the international feed from South America. So clock time is written HH.MM in 24-hour mode.

21.00MX = 9PM in Mexico City

22.00CH = 10PM in Chile

24.00PE = Midnight in Peru

...which is very odd as Chile is two hours later than Peru, not earlier! This network must provide multiple feeds; as to which one corresponds to ship time--usually Mexico City is the same as US Central time, so if you embarked in Florida you need to reconcile the time given for Mexico (one hour earlier than Florida) with how many (if any) times the ship's time has changed. Or just ask your cabin steward or the front desk if they have a printed schedule.