.......idle jottings

ho-hum

Ol' Ragnar will be on the SD-I 10 dayer out of Barbados on Dec 17, 2016. Deposit has been paid.

This warning will be repeated in August of 2016, to allow penalty-free cancelation for those foolish enough to ignore this early warning.

On behalf of the Sea Dream Cruise Critic Community, HH would like to thank you for your advance warning (that would also explain the mass cancellations and sheer panic that followed !!).

image.jpg.9a2fe0b1d89cf34d1654520bb49bc7d5.jpg

Addendum: If you must sail Seadream in late Dec of 2016, your best bet is SDII, as you will only have to deal with ho-hum.

But beware, Ragnar and ho-hum will both be visiting St Barts within a 24 hour period, so the place may be a shambles (or at least out of wine).

A similar phenomena is happening when Hum's bookings were "leaked" !

And a trial mass evacuation operation is planned on St.Barts for all islanders and visitors for the two days Sundance & HH visit.

The officials say it is in preparation of a potential volcano eruption !

Likely story.

It may explain that when Sundance and HH travel on SD there are only 12 other passengers !

Most of whom stay in their cabins, sorry Staterooms.

Still the service is good.

Thanks for the heads up Sundance. SeaDream has asked me not to reveal my bookings until after the final payment date. Guess they don't want to oversell those cruises.:eek:

That's standard procedure for big, International, celebrity status...........you almighty Legend you.

That Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are bound to follow......unfortunately !

Just cannot see the fascination with this pair.

Perhaps it would be best, ho-hum, if you transfered your booking to SD I, so that SD II would be available for genteel folks wishing a relaxing getaway from the harsh realities of the world.

I'm sure we could convince the SDII crew to erect barricades dividing the ship into two areas. We could share the pool.

image.jpg.41d836ec0d40b0212e44eeb976a01c12.jpg

While I usually agree with Ho Hum on all matters relating to travel, I regret my pockets are not as deep ...

he having just been infused with mega-bucks from his last caper (an inside joke).

Yes, the Gritti Palace, Cipriani and Danieli are beautiful and well situated properties BUT at 1,000+ EU's

a night (and that is on the low side) there isn't a mattress in the world that could tempt me at that

price.

However, Ho's recommendation of the Novecento Hotel is one I can second, having stayed there

and thoroughly enjoyed. The rooms, while small, are most adequate and breakfast in the garden

delightful. Owned by the Romanelli Family, you might also wish to take a look at another of their

properties, the Flora Hotel. Closer to San Marco, but set back off a busy thoroughfare, this

property is well worth a "look see". You will generally find one of the Romanelli's around the hotel

and their recommendations of restaurants, etc (dine where the Venetians eat) worth heeding.

A last recommendation: have your hotel arrange a two-hour sightseeing trip through the canals

of Venice. You'll do this in a beautiful mahogany launch, where your guide will point out many

interesting points about Venice you will have otherwise missed. Well worth the price.

Have a wonderful visit to one of my most favorite cities in the world!

Coupons Commander, Coupons !

Start collecting them......how do you think we can afford these extravagant hotels.

Mind you HH has a whole building of Coco-Pops he needs to shift.

Hello Ho Hum. Just catching up as my iPad is working today. Most days when I try to view idle jottings it won't allow me to scroll up or down or it keeps logging me out. Today it works!! Don't know why. Talking of Venice I was detained by port authority/police a few years back for over an hour. Put into a portacabin, questioned, had to fill in forms, searched just because I'd left my passport on the ship. Ship photographic ID card not enough. We were in port overnight and were returning back to the ship after a day in Venice. Thankfully someone eventually retrieved my passport from the ship and I was released!!

Rudest people I've ever met and very intimidating. Anyway enjoy the garden fete. Hope there isnt a 'win a goldfish' stall were people throw ping pong balls into their bowls.

Have a great day:). Pxx.

Hello Poppy,

Yes HH sometimes cannot scroll on the iPad.

What nasty Venetian police.

Are tourists expected to carry their passports ?

No, no "Win a Goldfish", it was banned several years ago and besides some of these goldfish were released into the lake of the Lord of the Manor and they grew to the size of dolphins and began eating the carp !

Yes HH sometimes cannot scroll on the iPad.

Gcmv's mobile device-tip of the day for ho-hum:

Don't use a tablet PC as a tablet, otherwise you will only be able to scroll vegetables ... :D

(Language is German - but it doesn't matter - the pictures tell the story)

Frud is indeed a delight and certainly deserves this! I remember the first voyage to Norway -- we were in Sweden and my camera died, missing some spectacular views. Frud took pictures for me and emailed them to me later! That's just the way she is. Wish she were going to be on board in Oct when I'm on SDI.

Cole, so sorry we will miss each other! We need to sail together again soon!

Vandrefalk

HH has often seen photos posted by Frud and HH can say she has a "real artistic eye" as well as being professionally competent.

She is a SDII lady, sorry Vandrefalk but Brenda is lovely on SDI.

Perhaps it would be best, ho-hum, if you transfered your booking to SD I, so that SD II would be available for genteel folks wishing a relaxing getaway from the harsh realities of the world.

I'm sure we could convince the SDII crew to erect barricades dividing the ship into two areas. We could share the pool.

No HH booked SDII first !

Sorry genteel folks.

That's the harsh reality of the world Sundance's talking about.

Please Sundance, HH wishes to protect his anonymity and here you are posting a photo of HH !

Though HH has put on a couple of pounds (sorry stones) since then and the hair has thinned to one strand, so maybe HH wont be recognised. Other than that, it's HH to a "T".

image.jpg.9374ef16726dd5e44a2c3935a434426d.jpg

Our neighbors have "boomarang parents" that they have volunteered to house sit for us any time. And the pony seems to like them ok, the smell of Bengay doesn't seem to bother him.... So watch your back, we will be out and about more often.

(PS - perhaps you could use your pull with the fleet to have them arrainge for I and II to be at St. Barts at the same time?)

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold

Gcmv's mobile device-tip of the day for ho-hum:

Don't use a tablet PC as a tablet, otherwise you will only be able to scroll vegetables ... :D

(Language is German - but it doesn't matter - the pictures tell the story)

Hahahahahahahahahajahajajajajajajhahahahahahahahahahahahahha.......

Good one gcmv !

The cunning commodoredave obviously fancies himself as a bit of a fly fisherman.

Yes he casts his rod with a beautiful, flattering "fly" on his line waiting for HH to bite.

Nice try Dave.

But HH swims off and pops up in the beautiful waters of "idle jottings" but will at least say thanks for your wonderful report and laughs at your appraisal of HH: wrong on both counts though.

HH is happy to be described a peasant: a noble peasant.

Good wine, good food, good home and a great lady.

That is all.

Wealthy ? No "comfortable".

Would probably buy a good premier cru Chablis with a meal rather than a Chablis village and would imbibe the Grand cru's at home.

HH has met many very wealthy individuals and he thanks God every day for "just enough".

To be satisfied with what you have is a true blessing.

"Give us this day our daily bread" seem good words (not so sure about certain other bits though....too much "smiting" for Hum's liking...oh and "begatting"..dreary stuff).

HH would never wish to be extravagantly wealthy.

He leaves that to Butch & Sundance.

Carnival offering a small yacht is absolutely bizarre, aint it ?

It's smaller than Sea Dream.

But you know Dave, it will surpass SD in every technical aspect and cabin facilities etc.. but it wont be SD !

SD is a "club" in atmosphere.

The "feel good" between the extraordinary high number of repeaters and the equally high number of long serving, friendly and highly skilled crew altogether on a classic, beautiful boat just cannot be bettered.

It takes decades to establish that "feel".

In HH's opinion, SD have been working to make significant improvements and now that it has returned to classic itineraries, it is now popular, more than ever.

And sadly no deals !

The one cloud on the horizon is USPH.

SD suits Hum to a "t".

Blondie is even more passionate !

She is doing a voyage with her girlfriend in a month or so. They began SD before HH. It took a year of persuading to get Hum on a "cruise ship" !

HH had seen "Carry on Cruising" and knew all about cruising but Blondie patiently worked away.

And the rest was history as they say.

Oh and we met some amazing people too.

And here too.........it's a special, friendly atmosphere reminiscent of sailing days.

Would this happen anywhere else ?

And if it does then GREAT.

An American chum found this link about the new Crystal yacht experience:

http://www.crystalyachtcruises.com

Mmmmm..............

HH is happy to be described a peasant:

a noble peasant.

Good wine, good food, good home and a great lady.

That is all.

An American chum found this link about the new Crystal yacht experience:

http://www.crystalyachtcruises.com

Mmmmm..............

By this definition, gcmv is a noble peasant, too. ;)

Wow - this yacht, the concept and the destinations fit! Herr gcmv has to think about Croatia next year with Frau gcmv AND Crystal ...:rolleyes:

Can't open it Jim....try again.

Please.

The Quote button not working either so HH cannot copy and paste it in the Search box.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDgQFjAAahUKEwiby-X86_HGAhVMig0KHQbpBDE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.beyondbandofbrothers.com%2F&ei=LS2xVduAFsyUNobSk4gD&usg=AFQjCNHOxY_q0W73x-BaqXXiiRpA8klSAA&bvm=bv.98476267,d.eXY

Ok, try this. Time for a new abacus??? Possibly a new squirrel cage for the old PC??:eek::D

Done !

Sorry Jim ...... not HH's kinda thing but Raggy would be up for it.

Done !

Sorry Jim ...... not HH's kinda thing but Raggy would be up for it.

It was a joke Mr. Hum, a gag. We know the only tanks you are likely to go see are full of Vino. Raggy now, that's another kettle of fish.:eek: He likes all kinds of tanks. Those with guns and those full of IPA.:D

It was a joke Mr. Hum, a gag. We know the only tanks you are likely to go see are full of Vino. Raggy now, that's another kettle of fish.:eek: He likes all kinds of tanks. Those with guns and those full of IPA.:D

Sorry Jim......Ho Hum is a bit slow.

Our neighbors have "boomarang parents" that they have volunteered to house sit for us any time. And the pony seems to like them ok, the smell of Bengay doesn't seem to bother him.... So watch your back, we will be out and about more often.

(PS - perhaps you could use your pull with the fleet to have them arrainge for I and II to be at St. Barts at the same time?)

"the smell of Bengay does'nt seem to bother him...."

Hahahaha

Mind you HH had to Google "Bengay".

And "boomerang parents".

You are highly educative, old chap.

HH had already asked about SDI & II being in at the same time but the St.Barts authorities wanted a $1 million surety in case of civil disturbance and damage !

Cheap, HH thought.