.......idle jottings

ho-hum

Well, although Hum is giving not a breath of info out as yet.... we can surmise that the Esprit is well stocked with champagne. Or perhaps the heat of the sun is causing this delusional moment of his.

Nevertheless, I will start putting together a 'Moody European writer' look for your approval. You can't arrive looking like a freeloading tourist, business cards notwithstanding. And of course, you'll need something to wear to the Travel Writer Awards Night.

And whatever you do, don't sign anything until you have cleared it with CoCoyote.

Well, ha ruddy ha, gentlemen !

Gentlemen ?

No bawdy ruffians more like.

Since the onslaught of ridicule, Hum has been contemplating the dilemma of the many famous revolutionary artist and visionary over time.

Being ahead of our team oft draws this ridicule from the mob and the mob on this forum are the "mobbiest" mobs in mob history !

Of course it was expected by the settlers of the frozen north but it seems to have spread to the trailer parks of the southern America states.

Hum will no doubt be forced to ever higher ground: the true artist's and visionary's sanctuary away from the baying mob in the lowlands.

No, he is not looking for recognition amongst the crowd of today but to offer a greater contribution alongside the gifts left to us by Rumi, Lao Tzu, Spinoza, oh Hum could go on but why.....because he has a calling and must obey the Gods.

The life of the "chosen ones" is oft arduous.

Oh and the sacrifices !

Bless them for they know what they do, Hum cries out.

You are forgiven for your ignorant judgements fuelled by envy and petty mindedness.

Hum still calls you friend.

Now contemplate on these wise words spoken with infinite compassion.

- OioioioioiioioioiioioioioioioioioioioiooioiooioioioioioioiioioiooioioiooiooiooioiiooO -

Oh the weather in the Seychelles began nicely enough.

Stepping off the plane, it felt like an oven and the humidity !

Yet a breeze masked it for the most part.

But ever since the weather has been mostly overcast with much rain, ranging from moderate to heavy for 20 minute periods, 3/4 times a day.

The temperature display regularly displays a range between 97-76F.

Activities are mostly confined under shelter in reading, chatting to people and the usual eatin' and a drinkin'........oh and snoozin' interspersed with prayin' for the growing number of souls of those that have been beastly to kind and selfless Hum.

Dear Mr. Ho-Hum, I am excited to hear about your new literary adventures but I have a bone to pick with you: you introduced my husband to 'pink gin' on the last crossing and now I can't stop drinking it.

Explain yourself, sir!

"Piece will come, piece will come"

Hum's "piece" (posts) will be a comin' ...... patience dear.

Yes Hum knows it's so darn difficult.

Hum has caused many to fall into all manner of depravity and degradation !

Oh and the shady characters that post around these parts ...... well you wouldn't want to meet them down a dark alley late at night that's all Hum would say !

So the simple addition of a splash (or two) of "Angostura Bitter" to G&T doesn't exactly rate as introducing you to a life of corruption (addiction ..... yes, quite probably !).

Explanation submitted for your re-consideration and hopefully accepted.

It's a beautiful drink.

By the way.

Another tipple to experiment with is "French 75" if you like your champagne with a zesty "backbone" (gin is used).

Very refreshing !

Your weather there Mr. Hum is very reminiscent of weather in French Polynesia. We lived a long time in Florida but still found the weather in FP to be very oppressively humid. Can you say: "sweat like a pig"????

Yes Hum can say "sweat like a pig"

"Sweat like a pig"

Nay, Hum's nose may become a tad shiny and he may need to go to the "little boy's room" to dab a liitle powder, that is all.

But seriously Jim ....... you ain't wrong fella !

Phew !!

"It aint half hot Jim" to paraphrase a British comedy set in 1940's wartime Malaysia ("it ain't half hot Mum").

Can you be more specific?

Is it hotter on the yacht than it was in the tent?

Dubai tent: 21F and very little humidity

Seychelles: 97F and very high humidity

Hope that's specific enough May B.

PS Hum did'nt say he was on yacht.

"Piece will come, piece will come"

Hum's "piece" (posts) will be a comin' ...... patience dear.

Yes Hum knows it's so darn difficult.

Hum has caused many to fall into all manner of depravity and degradation !

Oh and the shady characters that post around these parts ...... well you wouldn't want to meet them down a dark alley late at night that's all Hum would say !

So the simple addition of a splash (or two) of "Angostura Bitter" to G&T doesn't exactly rate as introducing you to a life of corruption (addiction ..... yes, quite probably !).

Explanation submitted for your re-consideration and hopefully accepted.

It's a beautiful drink.

By the way.

Another tipple to experiment with is "French 75" if you like your champagne with a zesty "backbone" (gin is used).

Very refreshing !

Is there no end to this Sea Dream debauchery!? Why, I NEVER! Please excuse while I go search in my jewelry box for some pearls to clutch.

French 75, you say??

We meet up with a wonderful American couple and we have had many a lunch and dinner together as well as drinks over the last week.

Well today at lunch the American guy proudly said he bought his wife a fancy pair of household ladders for his wife's birthday.

What ?

His wife adds that his first birthday present for her from him was a canoe !

Oh no !

Hum says.

He protests and says they were great presents adding they were not cheap.

Nobody is impressed.

A little later he advises that they had unfortunately been robbed recently and a significant amount of jewellery was taken.

Hum quips:

"What ? You mean they didn't take the ladder and canoe ?"

Edited by ho-hum

Where oh where has our Ho-Hum gone? Oh where oh where can he be????

The purchase of the ladder for the lady brought back a memory. Many years ago in a town far, far away, my DW admired a carpet cleaner on a telly advert. Mr smart guy me said "aha! We have an anniversary coming up. I will get her something she wants". As we all know (now) it did not end well. I learned my lesson quickly. Small boxes of jewelry elicits waaaayy more excitement than large boxes of household implements. SeaDream trips will suffice as long as accompanied by a willingness to shop a few stores at various islands.:eek::D

Dubai tent: 21F and very little humidity

Seychelles: 97F and very high humidity

Hope that's specific enough May B.

If you aren't on a yacht, where did you meat the Texas woman who is for Bernie, the woman who hires authors and is courting you, and the bloke who bought a canoe and a set of ladders for his wife?

And have they decided if you will be allowed on board? Captain is on satellite phone to Oslo acquiring your dossier for final decision.

So the dossier arrived from SD Oslo and the Captain (of Crystal Esprit) made a fatal error of judgement.

"No this just ain't pissible, this one guy caused that much trouble !"

But Capitano, this is Ho "Mad Dog" Hum !!

His sidekick is Jim "Butch" Avery !!!

"Oh yes I heard about that guy but that was years ago, didn't he go straight? A gal called Lois took him in. A real beauty they say. They run a bar in Arizona now. He's not wanted there and he's been out of trouble for years now"

Does he still do all that smooching whenever some one shouts "Roll Tide" ?

Get off me Chief !

Sorry Captain I'm from Alabama too ! We can't help ourselves.

Wasn't their another dude that rode with Butch ?

Sundance.

Yes that's the guy.

Bank robbers.

Well nothing was proved. They caused mayhem in every bar they visited though, if that counts.

Well they been quiet for a while.

Back to this Hum fella, I can't see there being any problems we can't handle.

English isn't he ?

No let him on ............. but just to be sure, keep an eye on him. OK ?

Hum would be permitted onboard.

Be afraid, be very afraid !

If you aren't on a yacht, where did you meat the Texas woman who is for Bernie, the woman who hires authors and is courting you, and the bloke who bought a canoe and a set of ladders for his wife?

"Circumstantial evidence and hearsay. Permission to strike your Honour"

Permission so granted.

If you have any real evidence Councillor May B Wong then please submit it otherwise, I must find there is no case to prove he is onboard Crystal Esprit.

Case closed.

Is there no end to this Sea Dream debauchery!? Why, I NEVER! Please excuse while I go search in my jewelry box for some pearls to clutch.

French 75, you say??

Yes southseas.

The French 75.

* 2 ounces gin -- London dry gin

* 1 teaspoon superfine sugar

* 1/2 ounce lemon juice

* 5 ounces Brut champagne

* Collins glass

Instructions:

Shake well with cracked ice in a chilled cocktail shaker, then strain into a Collins glass half-full of cracked ice and top off with champagne.

The 75-millimeter M1897, a light, potent little gun with a vicious rate of fire, was the mainstay of the French field artillery in World War I.

Hence the drink.

Of all the many champagne-and-liquor combinations known to contemporary mixology, this one has the most élan.

Two of these and you'd fight to defend Madonna's honor.

The drink was a favorite of the Lost Generation -- hell, there's enough alcohol in it to give even Hemingway a buzz.

Happy Birthday old friend.

Doing anything special ?

Round of golf perhaps ....... you and frau GCMV always run about 20 minutes late !

Haha

Dearest ho-hum,

thanks a lot for your deep wishes, coming directly from inside your heart.:rolleyes:

Yes, we did something special - had dinner in a lovely, very tiny restaurant on the Palatinate Wine Route.

We were about 40 minutes late (as you know, it was my birthday), but the restaurant owner was used to this ... :D

Two special things to mention:

We had a four-course meal and the entrecote of the main course was from a Txogitxu rind - gcmv was in seventh heaven!

As a wine gcmv chose a "Riesling Kastanienbusch - Großes Gewächs 2008" from Dr. Wehrheim - what a superb stuff!!!

Herr and Frau gcmv had a wonderful evening and lots of fun together with Sohn gcmv and Mama gcmv (and we always remember ho-hums words):

Wherever you and Frau gcmv are - you will always have fun! ;):)

Dearest ho-hum,

thanks a lot for your deep wishes, coming directly from inside your heart.:rolleyes:

Yes, we did something special - had dinner in a lovely, very tiny restaurant on the Palatinate Wine Route.

We were about 40 minutes late (as you know, it was my birthday), but the restaurant owner was used to this ... :D

Two special things to mention:

We had a four-course meal and the entrecote of the main course was from a Txogitxu rind - gcmv was in seventh heaven!

As a wine gcmv chose a "Riesling Kastanienbusch - Großes Gewächs 2008" from Dr. Wehrheim - what a superb stuff!!!

Herr and Frau gcmv had a wonderful evening and lots of fun together with Sohn gcmv and Mama gcmv (and we always remember ho-hums words):

Wherever you and Frau gcmv are - you will always have fun! ;):)

It's 40 minutes now !

Why is that ?

Does it take longer as you get older ?

Or

Do you have twice as much vigour ?

Haha

Hum had never heard of that Spanish beef cut. You are educating dumb Hum.

But a "Riesling Kastanienbusch" with such a fine piece of beef !!

At least a pinot noir from your own great country or next door in Switzerland or Austria.

For Hum it would be a rustic French Chateauneuf.

Great value and complex flavours.

You remembered the GCMV motto.

Haha

"Sie werden immer Spaß haben"