I'm Very Surprised to Have Just Read this About the New Menu Rollout......

Phlybice

I'm not surprised. I didn't see it being received well, especially the removal of the tablecloths on the Glory. In addition to aesthetics, all you hear is the floods created by the condensation off the glasses onto the table.

I repeat my question:

Why have a menu at all, if you can order whatever you like, whether it's on the menu or not?

On some ships 3000+ people with possibly 3000+ different choices??????? LOL! I don't think so!

On some ships 3000+ people with possibly 3000+ different choices??????? LOL! I don't think so!

I understand that. But we recently cruised with the new menu. And there were some things not on the printed menu that I probably would have ordered, if I had known that I could.

Since we've been back, I keep seeing "you can still order it, even if it's not on the menu". Specifically about the crème brulee.

I guess you can still order, but the answer is "no".

Or, if not, why even have a menu, if there's a "secret menu" that you can order off of, if you're in the know about it?

Edited by Shmoo here

I was just on the Imagination and noticed a few things that contradict parts of this thread.

First, Crème Brule WAS on the menu. I ordered it one night and it was right there on the page. Pretty yummy as well.

Second, I know that some menu items left and others were added, but are there really that many fewer choices? Each night there were 8 appetizer choices and 10 main dish choices. That seems like a lot to me.

Third, while the menu changed, many (if not most) of the old items are still there (tho perhaps not the cold soups). Still had the steak, the prime rib, the lobster, the chicken, the sweet and sour shrimp, the pork chops, the lasagna, the penne mariscos, the mahi mahi, the brisket, the salmon, etc. for main dishes. They still had most of my favorite appetizers, such as chicken quesadilla, shrimp cocktail, tomato and mozzarella, Caesar salad, spring rolls, crab cake, onion soup, etc. They also still had the Didja every night, they just call it something else now.

I did order the burger one night but it wasn't the same as the old "gourmet burger". They didn't have bacon for it and they used American cheese rather than cheddar. That was my biggest disappointment.

Bob

I did a review today on my recent cruise on Imagination (returned yesterday) and the American Table menu.

In short, I think the menu and concept works but the execution is poor.

People are way too hung up on "for the table". You can order a single portion or a larger one for the table. Very simple concept and again, it works.

But the food quality is generally mostly sucky and needs to improve.

Here's my review, for anyone interested: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2003786

Edited by Stockjock

At the moment there are no plans to bring the new and exciting menus to other ships ~ John Heald

here is the complete quote from John Heald " There is not a new schedule just yet but when we do add this menu to other ships I will let you know which and when it will start."

it is not disappearing they are just not rolling it out fleet wide yet.

here is the complete quote from John Heald " There is not a new schedule just yet but when we do add this menu to other ships I will let you know which and when it will start."

it is not disappearing they are just not rolling it out fleet wide yet.

Without the "WHY", that additional verbiage doesn't change the meat of the message.

No matter what menu carnival goes with 1/2 the people will fuss and moan and cry like babies other 1/2 will love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

And all the people will discuss it. What a boring place this would be if we didn't.

No matter what menu carnival goes with 1/2 the people will fuss and moan and cry like babies other 1/2 will love it.

I agree. And it's likely that you'll never hear from the 1/2 that love it, but get alot of posts from the 1/2 that hate it.

I agree. And it's likely that you'll never hear from the 1/2 that love it, but get alot of posts from the 1/2 that hate it.

I would be discussing it here if I loved it too. I wanted to love it, I really did. I really kind of assumed that a lot of what was said here was overblown or people who just hated to see their favourites changed or disappear or people who liked to complain. I had no favourites, can't even remember the old menu.

I genuinely wasn't a fan as I said earlier. I don't hate it, but I definitely didn't love it. The majority of people we ate with weren't either.

Like someone said above, my biggest problem is the execution, not that there is no creme brulee (there wasn't on my cruise) or the lack of soups, especially the cold ones.

I do like the Port of Call idea.

I would be discussing it here if I loved it too. I wanted to love it, I really did. I really kind of assumed that a lot of what was said here was overblown or people who just hated to see their favourites changed or disappear or people who liked to complain. I had no favourites, can't even remember the old menu.

I genuinely wasn't a fan as I said earlier. I don't hate it, but I definitely didn't love it. The majority of people we ate with weren't either.

Like someone said above, my biggest problem is the execution, not that there is no creme brulee (there wasn't on my cruise) or the lack of soups, especially the cold ones.

Yes and RCCL has added 5 new cold cream soups. Guess they realize how important they are to their guest.

Wow! What a whiny crybaby;)

Seriously, I don't understand why people who report back that they aren't a fan of something are labeled as a crybaby. It's a message board and I like information from all sides. It's easy enough to sift through and see who is making over the top, sweeping claims and who is simply expressing their opinion of something.

I appreciate your comments on the new menu since we might be trying it this summer.:)

I was just on the Imagination and noticed a few things that contradict parts of this thread.

First, Crème Brule WAS on the menu. I ordered it one night and it was right there on the page. Pretty yummy as well.

Second, I know that some menu items left and others were added, but are there really that many fewer choices? Each night there were 8 appetizer choices and 10 main dish choices. That seems like a lot to me.

Third, while the menu changed, many (if not most) of the old items are still there (tho perhaps not the cold soups). Still had the steak, the prime rib, the lobster, the chicken, the sweet and sour shrimp, the pork chops, the lasagna, the penne mariscos, the mahi mahi, the brisket, the salmon, etc. for main dishes. They still had most of my favorite appetizers, such as chicken quesadilla, shrimp cocktail, tomato and mozzarella, Caesar salad, spring rolls, crab cake, onion soup, etc. They also still had the Didja every night, they just call it something else now.

I did order the burger one night but it wasn't the same as the old "gourmet burger". They didn't have bacon for it and they used American cheese rather than cheddar. That was my biggest disappointment.

Bob

This needs to be repeated. One of the criticisms of the Glory and Liberty menus was a lack of dessert choices. The Imagination and Inspiration have larger dessert menus.

It's pretty obvious that the Imagination and Inspiration have slightly different menus than the Glory and Liberty. Since the Fantasy ships got the new menu after the Conquest class ships, this is evidence that Carnival is listening to feedback and making appropriate changes.