Island Stateroom Questions

trbarton

I've read that there are a few staterooms on the Caribe deck that have a wrap around balcony because they are at the end of one section. Perhaps my T/A can put some cabins on a waitlist. I an currently in stateroom C311. I have looked at C309 & C310 in my category BE and C622 & C637 in Cat. BD. I'm not sure if BD is a higher cost category. Can I request to be waitlisted in a stateroom that is not available to book?

Thanks!

Tom:)

Hmm - I think your "end of section" is really the bump-out areas on Island and Coral. If you look at the floor plan you will see that the upper 3 or 4 decks have some cabins that stick out beyond the majority. These are near the elevators. The corner cabins don't have an end wall, but they have a curved balcony rail instead. This makes them SMALLER than other balconies around them. You do get a better view, but at the expense of space. Some folks like these but they are tight for two chairs.

BD is generally higher cost than BE, but with new pricing by area on the ship iy is harder to tell. Your TA can certainly ask, but the bump-outs do tend to sell out faster. And you might lose any perks or prices you already have if you change cabins. Depends on when your cruise is, and how the cabins are selling.

I've read that there are a few staterooms on the Caribe deck that have a wrap around balcony because they are at the end of one section. Perhaps my T/A can put some cabins on a waitlist. I an currently in stateroom C311. I have looked at C309 & C310 in my category BE and C622 & C637 in Cat. BD. I'm not sure if BD is a higher cost category. Can I request to be waitlisted in a stateroom that is not available to book?

Thanks!

Tom:)

No. You can only book a cat which may include one of those staerooms.

Best to pick one you like when they are available.