Another drydock scheduled for Quest

dln929

While looking through my brand new--and gorgeous--2015 Azamara catalogue, I noticed that Quest will undergo a 15 day drydock in Nice, France. Page 57 if anyone's interested. It says "Azamara Quest will be in drydock for scheduled maintenance and upgrades." The dates she's to be out of commission will be 26th September to 11th October, 2015. I wonder what Azamara's got up their sleeves in terms of what's going to be done.

Edited by dln929

Hi Deidre,

It will be interesting to see what Azamara has planned for Quest. I was somewhat surprised to not see any Drydock listed for Journey. I suppose it will happen in early 2016.

I must wonder just how much can be done in 2 weeks. I'd think a 3-4 week Drydock would be required for major renovations. I'm not saying it cant be done, but they'd need to be on a very tight schedule.

Hopefully, we will hear the details from Azamara, as we get closer to September 2015, but that's a long way off.

While not directly on point, but comparable, Oceania's 3 R ships are all being drydocked this spring. These will be approximately 11-14 days each depending upon the ship and will collectively cost approx. $50 million.

If properly planned, a lot can be done in 2 weeks.

While not directly on point, but comparable, Oceania's 3 R ships are all being drydocked this spring. These will be approximately 11-14 days each depending upon the ship and will collectively cost approx. $50 million.

If properly planned, a lot can be done in 2 weeks.

I wonder if Azamara is going to be keeping an eagle eye out on what's being done to those R ships. And seeing how the transformation is received by Oceania passengers. And then, maybe, gauging what type of upgrades they might do during the Quest drydock?

I wonder if Azamara is going to be keeping an eagle eye out on what's being done to those R ships. And seeing how the transformation is received by Oceania passengers. And then, maybe, gauging what type of upgrades they might do during the Quest drydock?

If they are not keeping a close eye on O's revitalization of its R ships, AZ's management is certifiable IMHO.

Interesting, I was not aware of any dry dock facility in Nice?

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to infer Nice (literally) as the drydock facility. I meant that the Quest's last cruise ends in Nice on the 26th of September and 15 days later when drydock maintenance and improvements are done, she's back to Nice ready to sail on Sunday evening the 11th of October. I suppose in 15 days she could go anywhere.

Oceania has already described what they will be doing during the refurb (including photo renditions in their latest brochures). Essentially, they are "borrowing" many of the most popular features and aspects of decor on their newer O ships.

Happy to hear Azamara is looking at the upgrading Quest and hope it extends to Journey. They will need to do so to remain competitive.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to infer Nice (literally) as the drydock facility. I meant that the Quest's last cruise ends in Nice on the 26th of September and 15 days later when drydock maintenance and improvements are done, she's back to Nice ready to sail on Sunday evening the 11th of October. I suppose in 15 days she could go anywhere.

My bet is drydocking at Marseilles. Substantial drydocks and where 2 of O's 3 R ships are going for drydock.

Oceania has already described what they will be doing during the refurb (including photo renditions in their latest brochures). Essentially, they are "borrowing" many of the most popular features and aspects of decor on their newer O ships.

Happy to hear Azamara is looking at the upgrading Quest and hope it extends to Journey. They will need to do so to remain competitive.

To be fair, Laraine, Oceania certainly has "borrowed" the Mosaics concept for its newbuilds and now the refurbishing of its three "R" ships. That cross-pollination is fine by me.

I too hope that Azamara continues to upgrade because its staterooms certainly are very tired now.

To be fair, Laraine, Oceania certainly has "borrowed" the Mosaics concept for its newbuilds and now the refurbishing of its three "R" ships. That cross-pollination is fine by me.

I too hope that Azamara continues to upgrade because its staterooms certainly are very tired now.

Pam -- I disagree that O has borrowed the Mosaics concept. I wish they would. Several people close to Oceania have suggested that they use Deck 5 as Azamara has done -- not just stick a Baristas in front of the dining room area. O rejected the idea.

I wish they would borrow -- because I love Deck 5 on the Azamara ships -- where I can linger over a latte -- and I avoid Baristas on the O ships -- cramped and uncomfortable. Not a place to sit and enjoy a coffee. Plus the selection of coffees on O is not as good as on Azamara. That's one area where Azamara outshines Oceania.