Spring Break in Texas: Review of Navigator of the Seas March 9, 2014

Urg, I hit something for photos and it's not allowing me to access my photos on my phone. I can't find the privacy settings on this app. Grrr. Still trying to figure it out to add photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Wow, 39 years is a long time in education! I teach psychology at a mid-sized private university. What do you teach?

I have taught in a college of business, business teacher education at a public university, and I teach one liberal studies class at Hendrix College in Conway. My position is Director of Faculty Instructional Technology. I always joke and say I get paid to play with the new toys, and then teach others. All three colleges have TIAA-CREF, so I'm blessed with that.

I am looking forward to reading a "teacher's" review. We are newly Diamond plus. Thanks for doing the "live". Don't work too hard! Make lots of pictures! I shared your thread with our March 23 and May 25 (dirt cheap cruise) groups, as well as our FB royal caribbean groups!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Urg, I hit something for photos and it's not allowing me to access my photos on my phone. I can't find the privacy settings on this app. Grrr. Still trying to figure it out to add photos.

Are you using Cruise Critic Forums or Tapatalk? Tapatalk adds photos just fine.

I'm using the forums. When I went to add a photo I accidentally hit 'no' when. It asked me if I wanted to allow access to photos. Now I can't figure out where to change that. It says privacy settings and I can't did that.

Meh, worse case I'll transfer them when I get onboard and on to my regular laptop.

I have taught in a college of business, business teacher education at a public university, and I teach one liberal studies class at Hendrix College in Conway. My position is Director of Faculty Instructional Technology. I always joke and say I get paid to play with the new toys, and then teach others. All three colleges have TIAA-CREF, so I'm blessed with that.

I am looking forward to reading a "teacher's" review. We are newly Diamond plus. Thanks for doing the "live". Don't work too hard! Make lots of pictures! I shared your thread with our March 23 and May 25 (dirt cheap cruise) groups, as well as our FB royal caribbean groups!

I have some friends in the business school who are primarily doing research regarding marketing. The business school is such a separate entity here...they have so much money. Their graduates actually go on to make money. Ours don't.

Will you retire soon?

Thanks for sharing the review :)

I have some friends in the business school who are primarily doing research regarding marketing. The business school is such a separate entity here...they have so much money. Their graduates actually go on to make money. Ours don't.

Will you retire soon?

Thanks for sharing the review :)

I "graduate" in June! Thirteen hump days or fifteen weeks from now ( cruise weeks don't have hump days). Lol. Sounds like SMU for you?

It is in Madisonville, TX :) looks like the pilot wants to stop...so I'll let you know what it is like.

On your' way back up, stop in Centerville at Woody's BBQ. There is one on both sides of the Hwy at the Centerville exit. All kinds of meat, veggies, pies, and canned goods. I buy the quart jars of candied jalapenos.

Internet - Oh wow, congratulations!! Lots of time for cruising!!! Oh no, SMU is one of our big rivals :)

JYD - Thanks for the suggestion!!

Around exit 100 on 45 and it's very misty, but no reports of fog down at Galveston.

I'm using the forums. When I went to add a photo I accidentally hit 'no' when. It asked me if I wanted to allow access to photos. Now I can't figure out where to change that. It says privacy settings and I can't did that.

Meh, worse case I'll transfer them when I get onboard and on to my regular laptop.

I did the same thing when trying to post photos a while back. You need to go out of the app and into settings, under settings you will have a heading for privacy. There you will have a tab for photos and under there you will find all of your apps that can access your photos. Switch this app to yes and you will be good to go.

If time permits, could you make a picture of the Chops and Giovanni's Table menus. Only on Navigator right now has the menu recently changed.

Chops has gone up to $35 each, and has some items, like the big T-bone, that are an upcharge over that. There's a thread on CC about it, but no specifics.

Giovanni's has supposedly done away with Lamb on the menu, not sure of other changes.

It would be great to be able to see what IS on the menus, and what's an upcharge after paying an upcharge to eat there.

Thanks!!

Hey!

Sure...I believe they always having them sitting out in the concierge or diamond lounges. I'll also snap pics of the MDr menus since I think those get delivered to our room.

I was planning on using my free restaurant voucher for Chops; however, I have never been to Giovanni's and might try that too. I doubt I'll try Sabor...I prefer my Mexican from hole in the wall restaurants.

Hey!

Sure...I believe they always having them sitting out in the concierge or diamond lounges. I'll also snap pics of the MDr menus since I think those get delivered to our room.

I was planning on using my free restaurant voucher for Chops; however, I have never been to Giovanni's and might try that too. I doubt I'll try Sabor...I prefer my Mexican from hole in the wall restaurants.

Sounds like we use the same online TA maybe...starts with a C and has six letters. We always get a free meal, too. It always says "value: $60". I emailed them this week asking since Chops went to 35 each did the amount increase, and they wrote back NO...you would need to pay the other $10 of Chops' fee (for 2).

I feel the same about Sabor. I fear it will not do well out of Texas. There's way too many amazing Mexican restaurants in Texas. Also, their charge is $5 MORE than Giovanni's...so I am guessing we will do Giovanni's.

Edited by internetwhiz

Thanks gambler!

Hmmm, yes that is who I used this time, but probably won't in the future. They have not emailed the normal voucher that I get, so I'll have to check with the desk and see if they have it on file (hopefully!). I've been disappointed with this company's customer service and response time. I didn't know it was only good up to $60!

I also use that TA (and have since 2008) and I've never gotten a voucher and it's always worked like clockwork. IIRC last time on the Mariner, someone actually called me from the specialty restaurants on Day 1 so I wouldn't forget to make reservations. You should be fine, but I know the feeling if you're used to a voucher, then you feel better having that in your hand. Not to worry!

And I have to agree w/ CINDY. BEAVER NUGGETS (or as I call them, Beaver Balls) from Buc-ees taste like big old Sugar Pops cereal. My BF adores them. ewwwwwww

Thanks gambler!

Hmmm, yes that is who I used this time, but probably won't in the future. They have not emailed the normal voucher that I get, so I'll have to check with the desk and see if they have it on file (hopefully!). I've been disappointed with this company's customer service and response time. I didn't know it was only good up to $60!

We have good luck with them, but about a year ago they stopped sending a paper voucher for the meal via email. Your name will be on a list at all of the restaurants. We have had ours redeemed the past two cruises with no voucher. I just always take the email with me that told me what my amenities were, should it be an issue....but they have always taken care of it properly.