Playa Mia Cancelled?

flcruiser08

Just went on to my cruise manager (carnival) and our Playa Mia excursion was switched to something else, I called and they said it was discontinued, anyone know why?:confused:

Most likely they didn't agree on the contract.

Playa Mia is extremely easy and much cheaper to do on your own. Cozumel is well known for being easy to do by taxis and all the rates are set and clearly displayed, so no surprises. We preordered online through their website with no issues, which was nice as I am pregnant and couldn't drink and obviously DS didn't need an AI package. I think we saved $30-40 per person just by doing this as opposed to through the ship.

Taxis are all lined up waiting when you arrive, and it's about a 10 minute taxi drive. $16 if I remember right for up to 4 people. When you are ready to go, there are multiple taxis waiting, same cost back.

When we went, we arrived a good hour before the ship excursions and got to stay about 45 minutes later, so it was well worth it for that alone.

Hop in a taxi which there will be plenty of at the pier and tell them where you want to go. Coz is easy to do on your own.

Thanks, we booked directly through them, I just felt a little safer in a bus or van instead of a car taxi (not bringing car seat)

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

I agree. Do it on your own. Cozumel is easy to navigate independently.

I already paid thru Playa Mia with transfer, don't want to lug around a car seat, still saved money

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2