Ruby Balcony Question

suntan

Heyyyyyyyyyyy! :) We haven't sailed on our Med Cruise leaving in Sept 2014 and we're looking at a 2015 cruise with Princess. We're considering the Ruby in January 2015 with a balcony stateroom on either Deck 14 or Deck 15. Our question is: If we booked an aft starboard or port side balcony on Deck 14 would we be bothered by the noise up on Deck 15 which, if memory serves me correctly, is the Horizon Court? Thank you.

Heyyyyyyyyyyy! :) We haven't sailed on our Med Cruise leaving in Sept 2014 and we're looking at a 2015 cruise with Princess. We're considering the Ruby in January 2015 with a balcony stateroom on either Deck 14 or Deck 15. Our question is: If we booked an aft starboard or port side balcony on Deck 14 would we be bothered by the noise up on Deck 15 which, if memory serves me correctly, is the Horizon Court? Thank you.

Stay in the 700- high 600's cabin range and you will be fine.

Riviera deck is an excellent location. Out the aft doors to the Terrace Pool. ;)

Any further forward you will have to deal with the pool areas.

Found this thread and thought you all could helop me out a bit... So, we have just been offered an upgrade from our TA from our B4 (which is currently unassigned) to a B2 or B1 on Caribe. We have sailed Ruby before in R243 (BF) and B749 (B4, and by far our favorite cabin yet!). We seem to remember that these B2 & B1 cabins you could look down upon from L, R, A, and B cabins. Does anyone know for sure. Is this worth the upgrade? DW seems to think we would be better off just going back to a BF on L or R in the bow or aft area... thoughts?

Found this thread and thought you all could helop me out a bit... So, we have just been offered an upgrade from our TA from our B4 (which is currently unassigned) to a B2 or B1 on Caribe. We have sailed Ruby before in R243 (BF) and B749 (B4, and by far our favorite cabin yet!). We seem to remember that these B2 & B1 cabins you could look down upon from L, R, A, and B cabins. Does anyone know for sure. Is this worth the upgrade? DW seems to think we would be better off just going back to a BF on L or R in the bow or aft area... thoughts?

What deck and what cabin numbers? Balcony? Ruby?

Thank you for your responses and suggestions. We will be booking tomorrow! Can't wait.:D

Just an update - we ended up booking on the Ruby, January 24, 2015 a forward balcony on Deck 15. Our only exercise will be walking from the front to the middle where the pool is, and to the back where the Horizon Court and Terrace are. Other form of exercise will involve the arm muscles for those lovely cold fruity drinks.:D

Just an update - we ended up booking on the Ruby, January 24, 2015 a forward balcony on Deck 15. Our only exercise will be walking from the front to the middle where the pool is, and to the back where the Horizon Court and Terrace are. Other form of exercise will involve the arm muscles for those lovely cold fruity drinks.:D

Sounds great, its a good location. ;)

Sounds great, its a good location. ;)

Thanks for the comment that it's a good location. Now all I have to do is get over my fear of heights to sit on the balcony. That took two days on my cruise last year but I did get over it enough to be able to sit out for some time.

What deck and what cabin numbers? Balcony? Ruby?

On the Ruby, I believe all the B1 and B2 cabins are on Caribe for her, Correct me if i am wrong. Our choices we were given are on Caribe. They range from C323-C509. They are the balconies that are half covered and half open.

Edited by Lobster329

Ruby, I believe all the B1 and B2 cabins are on Caribe for Ruby, Correct me if i am wrong. Our choices we were given are on Caribe. They are the balconies that are half covered and half open.

Caribe deck balconies are the best, by all means grab one. :)

And if you do mark it no upgrade!

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Caribe deck balconies are the best, by all means grab one. :)

And if you do mark it no upgrade!

Great, thaks for the info! DW definitely does not want a mini on Dolphin, first cruise she was on she pointed those out and said no way!

We always book a Caribe Deck balcony when on any Grand-class ship. It is the best of both worlds (covered and open). And we get to gaze down at those on D Deck who have paid more money for their totally uncovered balcony where they get zero privacy.

And here is an interesting piece of trivia about the Caribe Deck. We cruised on the Grand Princess when she was only a few months old and it was the first time we ever booked a balcony on any ship (they were still rare in those days). When we looked at the deck plan those Caribe Deck balconies just jumped out at us and that is what we booked. But when Princess originally set-up their cabin categories they actually did the usual thing of charging more for the higher decks. So the smaller balconies on A and B decks were priced higher then the larger balconies on C (Caribe) deck. It was a great bargain! Eventually Princess realized that the Caribe Deck balconies were very popular and changed their pricing accordingly.

Hank

• 4 weeks later...
Can someone fill me in on a baja aft balcony. Is is covered, half covered and is the "railing" clear or solid.

Thanks so much

Aft being aft side or true aft facing?

There are a couple of side all the way aft cabins that may have a steel railing. The majority are glass.