Back from the Indy. Ask away!!

Just back from a fantastic cruise on the Indy. No complaints. Only the cabin steward was a bit meh, but can live with that. I don't know who is on charge of maintenance, but he is doing a excellent job. Btw the hotel director used to work for Celebrity. Joff Eaton was the CD and Remo was the captain.

several questions.. just looking for honest opinions from someone recently actually on a cruise.

were any of the men wearing shorts to the MDR for dinner?

what percentage would you guess ignored 'formal' dress but still ate in the MDR?

what was your observations as far as smokers complying with the rules?

We are also just off Independence. We were on Oasis last year and Independence was better!! We just loved it! As far a dress code, we had My Time Dining on Deck 5. Formal Nights were formal. I did not see any shorts at all. A few in just dress shirts and ties, but for the most part, suits and nice dresses. I thought those on Independence were quite a bit more dressed up than on Oasis last year. There were 2 formal nights and 2 smart casual night. Not that many guys wore sport coats on the smart casual nights. My husband wore a dress shirt and tie and looked fine. (He wore a suit on formal nights.) On the 2nd smart casual night, you wouldn't notice a difference between that and regular casual nights. I think the 2nd smart casual caught people by surprise. It did us. On casual nights, most women wore summer dresses or capris. Guys wore docker style pants and polo shirts or casual short sleeve shirts. Lots of Hawaiian shirts on the guys too. A lot of smokers by the side of the pool they are allowed to smoke in. We had a lounge chair near them once and had to move. Also, on deck 4 (great for walking around if the track on deck 12 is too busy) a lot of people were smoking. All designated smoking areas so I didn't have a problem dealing with it. I never saw anyone smoking where they should not be.

Did you happen to go to Chops and/or know if they have changed the menu? Going on her in 3 weeks and hope to hear the menu hasn't been changed yet.

Thanks

Steve

I've read quite a bit about the lack of Indy Souvenirs in the gift shops due to its past docking in England. Have they updated the gift shops so I can score some cruise type Christmas gifts?? We're going in November, so I'll be Christmas shopping too and would like to get some nice tacky souvenirs for my family.... it's tradition!! lol

Michelle

I've read quite a bit about the lack of Indy Souvenirs in the gift shops due to its past docking in England. Have they updated the gift shops so I can score some cruise type Christmas gifts?? We're going in November, so I'll be Christmas shopping too and would like to get some nice tacky souvenirs for my family.... it's tradition!! lol

Michelle

Unless RCI is finially getting the message, if you are sailing in November Indy should just be back from the UK wih a nice fresh supply of everything British including those beautiful canisters of clotted cream biscuits.:rolleyes:

Unless RCI is finially getting the message, if you are sailing in November Indy should just be back from the UK wih a nice fresh supply of everything British including those beautiful canisters of clotted cream biscuits.:rolleyes:

Great :rolleyes:. Just when I thought we were getting away from everyday life, someone gets out the clotted cream :D :p.

Joking aside, Topo, did you visit Chops? If so, what did you think? Thanks :).

Did you happen to go to Chops and/or know if they have changed the menu? Going on her in 3 weeks and hope to hear the menu hasn't been changed yet.

Thanks

Steve

Just got back from Indy and ate at Chops 3 nights, menu is the same. Always a treat to have dinner there, enjoy:)

What WOWED me the most was the Cruise Director, Joff Eaton. I think he's on vacation after this week, but he was the absolute best cruise director I've ever had. I also really liked all of the entertainment. I loved Oasis, but can honestly say I like the Freedom class more. I liked not having to pre-plan all my entertainment options. I liked how almost everyone goes to the same show at night and then you can talk about it the next day. Not so on Oasis where it's small venues and the shows happen throughout the week. It just seemed like it was more of a community on this ship.

We've done 4 cruises on NCL and this was our first Royal cruise. We loved the CDs sense of humor (we embark as passengers and disembark as cargo! Love it)!! The food was amazing, wherever we ate! Staff was so friendly and the ship was in great shape! Can't think of anything to complain about or anything worth mentioning even minor negatively.

My only complaint is that no matter how much I kicked, screamed, cried and begged, they still made me leave the ship!:D