Library Question

Grumm

As avid readers, we normally use quite a lot of our baggage weight on books. I note that the Sea Princess boasts a large READING library. Can anyone let me know if it is also a borrowing library? Is it ok to sign books out to be read on deck and in state rooms?

Thanks in anticipation.

Alan

Also, every Princess Library that I've been in (and I've gone to them on every Princess cruise) has a paperback exchange. You can leave your paperbacks there for someone else to enjoy or you can pick one up for your own reading pleasure.

I'm always in trouble with dh for the weight of our luggage (what I save in only bringing two pair of shoes and wearing one I make up for in bringing 5 - 15 books with me). I think when I go to Europe I'm going to have to put the books in my carry-on. Although maybe it'll be like Alaska, where the scenery was so magnificent and we were so busy sight seeing that I only read two books in 17 days and both of those I read on the airplane and for a few minutes each night before bed.

The libraries on the Princess ships I have been on, Sea, Dawn, Coral, were nice sized and you were able to sign books out. They had an interesting variety, also. On our last cruise (10 days) I only brought 7 books with me, didn't like one, loaned another to a friend, so I had to borrow 3 from Princess. Then, when I went to return them, I brought all the books I had brought with me but two (the one I loaned and one I am keeping) and left them in the library and swapped out two paperback exchange books.

The room I use in my luggage for books going out I put souvenirs in going home ;).

Like the rest of the ship, the library on the Coral is beautiful - and well stocked. It, however, has 2 minor problems: 1) There is not enough seating in the immediate area. 2) It is not open enough hours. More often than not when we went by it was closed and the cabinets were, of course, locked.

Yup! We strike again. Before you go spending all our royalties, the people at the patenting office wanted to know how one could re-read a chapter...they didn't like my answer, so it's back to the drawing board. Maybe I'll meet you on the "useful items to take on a cruise" thread? Alan

I always try to get to the library soon after I board. If you are on a long cruise most of the books have been checked out by the second day and no one seems to return them until the end of the voyage. I also leave the books I have brought with me to the library.

I always bring many books with me.....during sea days, I can easily read a full novel in one day.

And, unless someone with whom I am traveling (or someone at home) wants to read that book, I always leave books on board for future cruisers to read. I hate to have books sit on my book shelf at home....I always try to "pass it forward!"

cheers

Yup! We strike again. Before you go spending all our royalties, the people at the patenting office wanted to know how one could re-read a chapter...

I can read the reviews now:

"it was a moving experience"

"I was on the edge of my seat the whole time"

Archived