My Carnival Pacific cruise in July has dropped in price. How do I get the price reduc

I just noticed that the price of my Carnival Spirit cruise in July has dropped by $160. I booked directly through Carnival Australia's website.

There are no obvious links on the Carnival Australia website for this situation. Can you in fact get a price drop with Carnival? I am not sure about whether you can phone them when you have booked on the web.

Has anyone had experience with this?

Prices quite often drop within the final payment date. Have you looked at the prices of the suites, they might have dropped as well and are not much higher than your verandah room.

Also even if you are within your final payment date, give them a call, I have often heard of people being offered OBC in lieu of a price drop. It can't hurt the most they can say is No.

The cabins we booked are the highest grade of balcony cabin, so no improvements are really possible there.

Ah well, I suppose if I hadn't looked, I would still be quite happy with what we have booked.

A friend of mine had booked a high grade of balcony cabin and upon arriving at the port noticed their room number had changed but no one mentioned anything about it being different. At first they were apprehensive about the change as they specifically picked their room for its good location.

Turned out they had been upgraded to a suite :cool:

Don't get your hopes up in case, but it does happen ;)