News: "MSC Cruises introduces new fare structure"

Skipper Tim

The rollout has reached the UK.

MSC Cruises introduces new fare structure

MSC Cruises has launched a new fare structure linked to onboard service and access to facilities rather than simply the type of cabin.

Its 'no frills' option, 'Bella', is for guests staying in inside, Ocean View and Balcony cabins who will have to pay extra for certain facilities, such as room service or fitness classes.

Guests who opt for Fantastic will receive 24-hour room service, a 50% discount on fitness classes, special kids events and free breakfast in their cabin plus priority choice for dinner sittings. They will also be allowed to change the name on the booking.

While Aurea all-inclusive fares come with a complimentary spa package, access to the Thermal Area for the entire cruise, a massage, 20-minutes in the Solarium and a welcome cocktail.

In addition, Aurea guests will receive priority embarkation, a complimentary bathrobe, slippers and spa products in their suite plus unlimited complimentary drinks with meals.

At the top end, MSC has its Yacht Club Experience for guests staying in suite accommodation, who have access to a private restaurant, lounge, pool and sun deck and 24-hour butler and concierge service.

For the winter, MSC Orchestra will replace MSC Lirica in the United Arab Emirates and MSC Preziosa will depart from Venice, rather than Genoa. At the same time, the newly-refurbished MSC Armonia will return to service with 200 new balcony cabins.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

http://www.travelmole.com/news_feature.php?news_id=2010462&c=setreg&region=2

Hi

Yes I too have noticed this however what happens to those that have booked already - are we going to be slotted into one if these categories?

I doubt it. MSC have proved adept at delivering many different 'customer experiences' simultaneously depending upon where the booking was made thus far. The new experience categories are probably a simplification and globalisation of what has already gone on before.

If only someone at MSC could speak without the ridiculous marketing angle, we may have a slither of an idea of what they are up to.

I doubt it. MSC have proved adept at delivering many different 'customer experiences' simultaneously depending upon where the booking was made thus far. The new experience categories are probably a simplification and globalisation of what has already gone on before.

If only someone at MSC could speak without the ridiculous marketing angle, we may have a slither of an idea of what they are up to.

From the recent webinar.

ImageUploadedByForums1394491530.273138.jpg.ed6e94962bfcc8c51ca0024646f2ce66.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1394491555.814571.jpg.eafa01f233e24ea648f231435563ea95.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1394491577.821333.jpg.aa2b4c9cfde64a5320cf714bd258eb3d.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1394491597.718548.jpg.f942aa18951842c2028822ab6a3d5c8f.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1394491622.138585.jpg.4066fc21776023a3151c9651d31b8c9f.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1394491646.073870.jpg.48faa08ce6f4fe972a3829454c6d860a.jpg

It looks like they are following Costa's lead on this. It is unfortunate as this was one of the reasons we tried MSC and booked again. I only want coffee in my room every morning and it was either 5 Euros PP, or booking the mid range fare. Maybe they can do a little better with the "breakfast" that is delivered.

I suppose I will learn to live with it....I will still enjoy my cruise.

Papcx ... Did anything of interest come out of the webinar?

Not really!

Basically what you've seen here plus talking about the Australian grand voyage, and only 25% solo supplements on "selected" Divina cruises.

They did answer some questions (mainly about drinks packages, but the others were unmemorable) but ignored mine about our re-scheduled Aromonia treatment.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMWP_e95OTzJ5xnSkJ1IOGWGNAJYmLFRovUwircxgSsJXI3XCs4A

Edited by papcx

Willow ... I had another one yesterday pushing the cruises from Southampton.

Tim ... It is only recently that MSC E mails have found their way through to me.

Papacx ... No real surprise that they refused to discuss the issues regarding the repositioning of the Armonia cruise. It appears they only want to discuss what they want to push at people!

Going off how they are taking senior people from other brands it looks like the family friendly ownership of MSC is on its way out, certainly in the USA at least.

I see on the MSC website they have the deck plans for Winter 2014/2015 showing the cabin categories relating to the new price structures. And just when I was getting familiar with the recent balcony rating of B1, B2, B3.:rolleyes:

I see on the MSC website they have the deck plans for Winter 2014/2015 showing the cabin categories relating to the new price structures. And just when I was getting familiar with the recent balcony rating of B1, B2, B3.:rolleyes:

And if you're looking at a Lirica class ship, some have the pre and post stretch plans too!

And if you're looking at a Lirica class ship, some have the pre and post stretch plans too!

Good to know. Must have a look as I fancy giving a repo a try next year. I've only been on the Fantasia class ships so far. Hopefully the balcony cabins will be a bit more competitively priced.

I know the info re the timing for the stretches was posted here. I'd saved the info on my laptop which has since decided to die so I'll have to trawl back to find it.