Allure...will it feel crowded?

You are going to have to try it and make up your own mind. Everybody's definition of "crowdwd" is different. This is twice as big of ship than we've ever been on, and yes there were times we were crowded. After life boat drill and the parades were the worst. Also didn't enjoy waiting in line to get in the Windjammer Cafe or main dining room for breakfast or lunch if you went during "prime time". The ship and entertaiment makes it a must see, but because of the crowding, we won't be back on these monster ships.

We went to the windjammer during "prime time" once. Saw the line so walked out to the interactive screens. Saw the park café was green and went there. Got in, got our food and were probably back in our cabin before those who were in line got into the windjammer. Jig when others jag on something like Allure and you will be fine.

As others have stated, getting out of shows is tight, but go up a floor by the stairs and you will be fine. They really do know how to spread the people around on this ship. We have been twice and still have not seen it all, and have never felt like we were sailing as part of the herd. Be smart and you will have a great time.

My hint for avoiding crowds when a show lets out; stay seated. Look at your watch, time for 3 minutes - that's right three sweeps of the minute hand around the face of your watch. Then stand to leave ...poof! They've all disappeared :eek: and you can walk right out. It's amazing how little time 3 minutes is and yet, so magical!:D

The next review I do on a cruise ship, I'm going to make a video of this ;)

I'll concur with the others- I've sailed every class of Royal ship still sailing, (and some that are not) except Freedom, and Oasis class is the least crowded in EVERY respect. If there is a crowded spot on a cruise ship, like the Royal Promenade during a parade, or the WJ at lunch, it is less so than any other ship I've been on.

The only time we felt crowded was on the ship on Embarkation Day before people were allowed to go to their cabins. No more huge crowds after that!

It's a good day to have lunch at Giovanni's Table ... $15 pp and very worth it! ;)

LuLu

~~~

This is our most favorite thing to do on the boarding day. So civilized, relaxing and no crowds!