Luggage tags?

AWiseChoice

What am I supposed to put the luggage tag printed in? I can't find any that are large enough for the printed luggage tag from carnival! Help!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

most cruise lines ask that you just fold them around your handle and staple...no holders. I usually borrow a stapler from the hotel (always go in a day early).

What am I supposed to put the luggage tag printed in? I can't find any that are large enough for the printed luggage tag from carnival! Help!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can reinforce them with clear packing tape too. Then staple.

Agree with the tape for reinforcement.

We print, write our info on, put clear wide tape over it, then staple and then cover the staple with tape so no one gets a cut!

Works just fine. :)

OR you can wait to get to the pier and the porters will put a tag on too.

The lines that I cruise with will send luggage tags that are self adhesive, just like the airlines use. Peel away the protective covering, wrap around a handle, and press the adhesive ends together. They are sturdier than the paper used in our printers.

Don't all cruise lines send out the same kind?

Edited by boogs

The lines that I cruise with will send luggage tags that are self adhesive, just like the airlines use. Peel away the protective covering, wrap around a handle, and press the adhesive ends together. They are sturdier than the paper used in our printers.

With NCL you also print yourselves unless you're in a suite then they'll send you luggage tags.

Rather than make it a handicraft project (fold, staple, laminate, etc.), we opted to purchase the luggage tag holders from Serendipity dot com. You can also find similar ones on Amazon, and on here at the C.C. store. They're reusable, and make attaching the paper tags very easy.;)

Nope; there are quite a few that don't.

I know on Celebrity last year we had to request them.

I know on Celebrity last year we had to request them.

Which is easily done online after the cruise eDocs become available. One week later they show up in the mailbox. Just like magic! :D

Edited by boogs

No they don't. Most now have you print them out or make you pay a fee to have printed ones mailed to you. Unless you are in a suite or a super elite in a cruiselines loyalty program, then you still get them mailed to you.

Rather than make it a handicraft project (fold, staple, laminate, etc.), we opted to purchase the luggage tag holders from Serendipity dot com. You can also find similar ones on Amazon, and on here at the C.C. store. They're reusable, and make attaching the paper tags very easy.;)

We found some on E Bay, I think about 2 bucks each. They will hold luggage tags for any cruise, flight, hotel or what have you. You can even put them on a lanyard for cards or name badges. Bought about 5 and they last forever, great use of $10.

This is what we do, we write our names on the luggage tags with a bold, red, Sharpie pen, use clear plastic tape to cover it, fold them in half and then, so that they won't fall off the bag, we punch a hole in them and use really strong curling ribbon to attach them onto our suitcases. We've never lost a tag yet!:D Having your tags come loose from your suitcase is a sure way to have to wait a very long time to get your suitcase delivered to your room.:eek:

I have had the ones from "favors by serendipity dot com" for several years now and they are great. They are very sturdy and are easily attached to luggage handles. They were inexpensive too!!

We own an inexpensive laminator and laminate the tags. We leave about a 1/2" at the top of the tag. We then use a hole punch and punch a hole at the top of the laminated tag. We secure it to the luggage handle using a nylon electrical tie. Works great and won't tear off.