Easter sales

I am assuming that most of the major cruise consolidators and TA's run holiday "sales", the next being a EASTER sale of some sort. Are the prices at these times legitimate sales or are they like the furniture store who is having the "Best Sale of the Year", for the 4th time this month. Just wondering if it makes sense to wait and see what happens to prices when a booking we are looking at is for a cruise 18 months away, and the next "sale" period is 5 weeks away. Not sure if many frequent cruisers visit this part of the boards, but any opinions would be welcome.

I think to say every cruise line has a sale at Easter is a difficult assumption to prove. We have not seen any such "automatic" behavior.

Whether or not a sale is a "false" sale or not simply requires some research. Look at the prices now. Compare this time next month.

We find cruise sales are more commonly tied to sales on a given cruise, or certainly for a particular "season" (such as the Alaska season, or the Europe season), not always to a holiday. Princess used to do their "Love Boat" sales at Valentine Day, but haven't seen much else in that vein.

I may not have been as clear as I could have been in my original post, but I was referring to sales that the major cruise sale websites/consolidators/TA's run that seem to be tied to a particular occasion. I'm guessing the admins don't want me naming any of them, but I would imagination most can figure out who I mean. Because I am not endorsing or supporting any of them, I can probably post that I am referring to the Crucon's, Cruisecheap, Cruises, etc. websites that send out emails touting their latest "sale" with some frequency that is often associated with a special holiday or occasion. I hope that is okay to clarify.

Edited by clojacks

• 1 month later...

I have booked during one of the above named agencies Memorial Day MEGA SALE, BY INVITATION ONLY, etc. After that I kept watching the price/perks till departure nine month latter. Once the price went down, the perks went down with it, so at the end it equaled out. It was the biggest amount of perks they offered on that holiday compared to their other quarterly or whatever holiday sales.

The cruise lines always seem to be having sales. Or so they claim.

Know your pricing. Our experience is that there may be one or two hidden gems in the list while the vast majority are same old same old pricing with some slight variations.

Edited by iancal