Formal night ??

Someratc

Hi all. So I know formal night we get all dressed up but besides that, what is it. One night there is lobster right? I am guessing all the photographers will want photos but what else is there on those nights? Anything special??

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi all. So I know formal night we get all dressed up but besides that, what is it. One night there is lobster right? I am guessing all the photographers will want photos but what else is there on those nights? Anything special??

What cruiseline are you asking about?

Yes, we are from right around boston. We don't expect much... Lol. Believe it or not, I don't even eat it. Husband does for sure but he isn't too picky,... :)

Formal night is kind of a mirage left over from the grand old days of cruising. In those days everybody got dressed up for dinner every night, because they had their maids and valets along on the voyage to do the hard lifting.

Nowadays, depending on length of the cruise, there might be one or two "formal nights," because some people on the cruise still like to fantasize there are still fine dress standards somewhere in the world. And maybe the cruise lines don't want to disappoint them in their illusions. Or maybe they believe that they are happily cruising on the same ship as the Queen or the Duchess who might show up at their table for dinner - who knows? Maybe they just like playing dress-up.

If you like dressing up, have fun with it. Also, don't dismiss the chance of having a professional photographer take a coupla pix - hey, how often do you all get together and look that good?

Otherwise, on formal nights, I have a big long scarf with sparkles that I throw over my usual dining room clothing.