Sapphire port call in Santa Barbara cancelled for tomorrow :-(

Sheebah

[ATTACH]305273[/ATTACH]

Sad to hear sapphire won't be visiting us in Santa Barbara tomorrow :-(

Looks like the storm impacted the harbor and tendering is unsafe.

Carnival Miracle video tour:

I can't read the teeny tiny type in the photo. Would that be the day after tomorrow, March 12? That is when the Sapphire is supposed to be in SB.

I can't read the teeny tiny type in the photo. Would that be the day after tomorrow, March 12? That is when the Sapphire is supposed to be in SB.

Yes I'm sorry- it was 3/12- Wednesday.

I hope all will be well for tendering into Santa Barbara by 3/24 since we are taking this 4 day specifically to see Santa Barbara. My DH will be very disappointed!

Looks like the 3/24 and the 3/28 visits are on the Santa Barbara Port schedule:

03/24/14 Sapphire Princess Reinstated Monday 7:00 AM 5:00 PM Sea Landing

03/28/14 Sapphire Princess Reinstated Friday 7:00 AM 5:00 PM Sea Landing

We're on the 03/28 sailing and certainly hope we get to Santa Barbara as well......I'm amazed that storm could have done so much damage to the peir area.....:confused: Maybe they're taking the opportunity to upgrade some things while fixing the damage.

We're on the 03/28 sailing and certainly hope we get to Santa Barbara as well......I'm amazed that storm could have done so much damage to the peir area.....:confused: Maybe they're taking the opportunity to upgrade some things while fixing the damage.

They had some very heavy surf in the Santa Barbara area during that storm. There was some eyewitness video on local TV of a restaurant on one of the piers that had its windows broken out by a large wave. :eek:

The pier wasn't the issue in this case- the trouble is that the harbor is being dredged to make way for boats and some dredging equipment broke, slowing the process. So the tenders can't safely pass through as the area is "shoaling". At least that's what I'm reading here today. :-(

I disembarked from the Sapphire this morning, and I saw a sign saying that Catalina will be the next port of call.

We'll be on the 3/28 Santa Barbara port of call, but if they change to Catalina, I won't mind. I've been to Santa Barbara a bunch of times but not to Catalina. I guess my next "baby cruise" should be LA/Catalina/Ensenada. (I think Princess does that. I don't really much want to go Carnival again.)