MIA to port everglades

peskyvermin

I leave for a cruise this weekend (!!!!!) so excited. But! Here's our dilemma - we have a baby so we need a car seat and we'd like to stop by a store. We are flying into Miami and are leaving out of the Port Everglades. We need transportation to and from after the cruise.

What would you suggest doing with considering budget and low stress? This is our first trip with our little lady, planning isn't as "carefree" as before. :D

Bring your own car seat and rent a car one-way from MIA to FLL.

Do the same after the cruise if you have the time, or cab to the FLL Tri-Rail station and ride the train to MIA for under $5 each -- otherwise check with American Shuttle (based inside of MIA), cab to MIA (for about $75+ :eek:) or book transfers with the cruise line. :(

We are leaning towards renting a car but how should I get from the Fort Lauderdale airport to port everglades? that's the part that i'm not certain about.

A little reading on this board would reveal many of the car agencies have free shuttles.

Dollar, if memory seves me correct, has a rental right outside the gate to the entrance to the Port. Drop car off there and They will shuttle you the the Port.

Last time we did it they just had a driver jump in the rental. Didn't have to remove luggage and get on shuttle. Had 4 people.

Not saying they do that all the time, that was just my experience.

Yes, but not from the airport; just a clarification. :)

That might be a good thing. The OP is coming from MIA to Port Everglades. Taking a car from a rental agency with a shuttle that is not at the airport might save an airport fee.

Note that some of the rental car agencies do charge a Port Recovery fee for their shuttles.