New 2015/2016 Itineraries Announced

russianmom

Sorry Jim I should have said I was looking at January 2015. :) The June announcement would be at about 6 months which is why I was hoping NCL would offer a perk for those sailing in the 2015 season.

Norwegian Sun will return to South America for the first time since 2010, sailing 14-day South American voyages between Santiago (Valparaiso), Chile and Buenos Aires, Argentina from November 2015 to April 2016. Ports of call include Puerto Montt, Chile; Puerto Chacabuco, Chile; Punta Arenas, Chile; Ushuaia, Argentina; Stanley, Falkland Islands; Puerto Madryn, Argentina; and Montevideo, Uruguay. Guests on board will also enjoy a scenic cruise through the Chilean Fjords, Strait of Magellan and around Cape Horn.

Exactly January 2015 the Sun is in Tampa. First January in SA is 2016

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Exactly January 2015 the Sun is in Tampa. First January in SA is 2016

Yikes Jim what a dunderhead I am!!:o I guess I wanted to go so bad in January 2015 I changed the date in my mind even though it clearly read January 2016. I got a good laugh at myself. Thanks Jim:)

Yikes Jim what a dunderhead I am!!:o I guess I wanted to go so bad in January 2015 I changed the date in my mind even though it clearly read January 2016. I got a good laugh at myself. Thanks Jim:)

I wish it was January 2015 as well :)

Meanwhile back at the ranch...still nothing on South America on the website. Rumors now have June as the possible date for information. I wonder if NCL will give some type of bonus since they are putting the date less than 1 year out which might mean no early booking perks. I am really curious aout that one.

The website is ready they just need to plug in the cruises. Hotels and pricing available now.

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-destination/south_america/overview

The website is ready they just need to plug in the cruises. Hotels and pricing available now.

Interesting. Thanks for posting. The repositioning cruise + SA would be amazing. If only I had tons of $$ and could take that much time off work.

In the text in the Overview, it says the Sun and the Pearl will be sailing South America. Hmmm.

I am too excited. The hotel prices are not bad to enjoy pre and post cruise sightseeing. Thanks for keeping an eye out.

In the text in the Overview, it says the Sun and the Pearl will be sailing South America. Hmmm.

I didn't notice that at first glance -thank you for pointing that out. :) It might be that after the Sun has done her three 11 days Mexican Riviera cruises from San Diego before moving further south, then Pearl will take over the Mexican Riviera cruise....?

Anyway - fantastic that there is finally some "movement" on ncl.com regarding the new South America cruise, hopefully it will be ready for booking within a couple of days.

This morning while I was on the NCL website looking for something else, I stumbled upon a press release (click HERE) announcing that the Epic will be doing 2 Iberian cruises in the fall of 2015. The first (6 days) will embark in Barcelona and disembark in Southhampton and the second (7 days) will embark in Southhampton and disembark in Barcelona. Sandwiched between those 2 one-way itineraries the Epic will go into drydock in France.

An Iberian cruise has been on my bucket list for a while now and I'm rather interested in these itineraries. Maybe adding a few pre-cruise days in the UK and a few post-cruise days in Barcelona or possibly a B2B with a Mediterranean cruise. . . .

I didn't notice that at first glance -thank you for pointing that out. :) It might be that after the Sun has done her three 11 days Mexican Riviera cruises from San Diego before moving further south, then Pearl will take over the Mexican Riviera cruise....?

Thanks for posting that the cruises are now available. We are all booked on the Sun. NCL put the Pearl's 10 day partial PC transit cruises in the South America destinations. I guess because she goes to Cartagena, but not through the Panama Canal?

Thanks for posting that the cruises are now available. We are all booked on the Sun. NCL put the Pearl's 10 day partial PC transit cruises in the South America destinations. I guess because she goes to Cartagena, but not through the Panama Canal?

Which one, did you book?

Thanks for the information. Will take a look and book tomorrow.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Which one, did you book? Thanks for the information. Will take a look and book tomorrow. Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We booked Buenos Aires to Valpariso on Jan. 30th in a mini on deck 11. Several others have posted they booked the March 26th trip and have already started a roll call. There have also been a couple of postings about booking the repositioning cruises to SA and the one back to San Francisco. We are very excited about our cruise even though it is a long way off!

We booked Buenos Aires to Valpariso on Jan. 30th in a mini on deck 11. Several others have posted they booked the March 26th trip and have already started a roll call. There have also been a couple of postings about booking the repositioning cruises to SA and the one back to San Francisco. We are very excited about our cruise even though it is a long way off!

I really like this date. Just booked it. Did u start a roll call? I will go look!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I wanna book....I wanna book.....

but I'm *so* afraid of what the airfare will be from Philadelphia!

Harriet

I took a peek at ours without alot of searching and it was around $2400 one-way to Buenos Aires and about $2300 from Chile to home for the both of us. The DH said he wants to wait until he returns home from his birthday trip in June before we decide and really look at pricing and specials. Meanwhile I am so excited for those who have booked and ready to go! I hope you get to enjoy the cruise too.:)

I took a peek at ours without alot of searching and it was around $2400 one-way to Buenos Aires and about $2300 from Chile to home for the both of us. The DH said he wants to wait until he returns home from his birthday trip in June before we decide and really look at pricing and specials. Meanwhile I am so excited for those who have booked and ready to go! I hope you get to enjoy the cruise too.:)

One of the problems is that you can't even check airfare so far in advance.

Harriet

I wanna book....I wanna book.....

but I'm *so* afraid of what the airfare will be from Philadelphia!

Harriet

That's why NCL invented Future Cruise Rewards. $150 is cheap money to hold the cabin I want while I see if I can make everything fall into place. ;)

That's why NCL invented Future Cruise Rewards. $150 is cheap money to hold the cabin I want while I see if I can make everything fall into place. ;)

Hmmm, and I have two of them. Why didn't I think of that!

Harriet