New 2015/2016 Itineraries Announced

russianmom

So, they will be using the Epic to replace the Spirit on the Canary Island cruises? Really interested to see some prices now as the both Celebrity and Royal have prices with some really attractive offers available. Hate to wait until April to see what Norwegian is going to do to compete.

NCL announcing and getting new season's itineraries open for sale is always done about 1,5 years in advance - nothing new there.

About South America....

I am very interested in also booking this- and I've posted on both the family board and the South America board- but I've gotten very little feedback- so maybe you all can help...

Any thoughts on taking this trip with kids (ages 10 and 8)? I'd be aiming for lots of nature, wildlife, and exciting new cultural experiences... of course within the comfort of a cruiseship.

Has anyone done this itinerary with kids? Excursions that were good/bad? I realize it's a long way off.... but planning is half the fun!!

My children are now adults, but I did take them oversees when they were the age of your children. They had a great time and now, years later, they still enjoy talking about the experience.

As long as your children are in good health, self-motivated, and reasonably willing to try new things, this could be a good experience for them. It would also be helpful if they could speak a little Spanish. Most of the families I saw on the ship were South American and knowing some basic Spanish would assist your children in making new friends. The Sun is an older ship and doesn't have all the gee-whiz water slides and climbing walls that some of the newer ships have, so communicating and meeting new friends in the kids club could be important, given the number of sea days.

Wrt shore excursions, there are good opportunities to see nature and wildlife at practically every port. My only caveat would be to stay away from lo-o-o-ong bus rides with children that age. For example, in Puerto Madryn one of the popular tours goes to the Peninsula Valdes, a Unesco World Heritage Site. It was essentially an 8-hour bus ride through some very beautiful, remote terrain. Seated behind us was a family of 4, with 2 very aggravated little boys. It would have been better (for everyone) if the family had arranged a private excursion where there could have been a better mix of driving and stopping to see the wildlife.

Edited by polySeraph

NCL announcing and getting new season's itineraries open for sale is always done about 1,5 years in advance - nothing new there.

Might not be anything new, but for a unique itinerary like the Canary Islands, if I was in marketing, I would think it might benefit me to release my prices and dates that compete with Celebrity and Royal around the same time as them, particularly if I am replacing a smaller ship like the Spirit with a mega-ship like the Epic. I would assume there are a limited number of passengers out there who are interested in this itinerary. I do hope I don't have to wait until mid-April to see something or I may end up making a decision on one of the others while preferred cabins are still plentiful.

So bummed no 10-11 day cruises out of Miami for 2015 OR 2016. We were on a 10 day Sun this year and bought FCC so now I have to hope for 2017?? That's a long time to wait. Will have to give another line a try.

I'm bummed, too. Great itineraries being ignored by NCL. Wonder if they'll come back when Bliss and Escape start sailing in Fall 2015 and Spring 2017?

It was mentioned earlier in the thread, but I didn't see a response. Do any of the power users/geeks here have a guess as to where the Sun will be repositioning from on it's inaugural South America cruise? Extra credit if you can provide possible dates!

It was mentioned earlier in the thread, but I didn't see a response. Do any of the power users/geeks here have a guess as to where the Sun will be repositioning from on it's inaugural South America cruise? Extra credit if you can provide possible dates!

I am excited to see South America! I am interested in the dates also. It's nice to see more choices for California but I sure wish one of the ships did a few cruises from San Francisco.

Well, my guess, based on the info I've found, would be San Diego from where the Sun will be repositioning. Here's why:

Alaskan cruises through the end of Sept. ending in Vancouver, Canada

Sept 21-27 Alaskan cruise ending in Vancouver.

Then she sails down to San Diego to do the Mexican Riviera cruises.

Norwegian Sun will offer three 11-Day Mexican Riviera sailings in October 2015 from San Diego, California. Ports of call include Manzanillo, Mexico;

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico; Mazatlan, Mexico; La Paz (Pichilingue), Mexico; an overnight in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico; and Ensenada, Mexico.

Norwegian Sun returns to South America, sailing 14-day South American voyages between Santiago (Valparaiso), Chile and Buenos Aires, Argentina from November 2015 to April 2016. Ports of call include Puerto Montt, Chile; Puerto Chacabuco, Chile; Punta Arenas, Chile; Ushuaia, Argentina; Stanley,

Falkland Islands; Puerto Madryn, Argentina; and Montevideo, Uruguay. As well as a scenic cruise through the Chilean Fjords, Strait of Magellan and around Cape Horn.

Well, my guess, based on the info I've found, would be San Diego from where the Sun will be repositioning. Here's why:

Alaskan cruises through the end of Sept. ending in Vancouver, Canada

Sept 21-27 Alaskan cruise ending in Vancouver.

Then she sails down to San Diego to do the Mexican Riviera cruises.

Norwegian Sun will offer three 11-Day Mexican Riviera sailings in October 2015 from San Diego, California. Ports of call include Manzanillo, Mexico;

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico; Mazatlan, Mexico; La Paz (Pichilingue), Mexico; an overnight in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico; and Ensenada, Mexico.

Norwegian Sun returns to South America, sailing 14-day South American voyages between Santiago (Valparaiso), Chile and Buenos Aires, Argentina from November 2015 to April 2016. Ports of call include Puerto Montt, Chile; Puerto Chacabuco, Chile; Punta Arenas, Chile; Ushuaia, Argentina; Stanley,

Falkland Islands; Puerto Madryn, Argentina; and Montevideo, Uruguay. As well as a scenic cruise through the Chilean Fjords, Strait of Magellan and around Cape Horn.

Not having followed Norwegian routes in the past, is South America new to NCL? I can't find any NCL South America cruises on any searches at all. Would definitely be interested in Norwegian to SA if the prices are significantly better than Princess.

You're my personal genius. Thank you.

Haha, thanks and now I can only hope I'm right or close to it.

Not having followed Norwegian routes in the past, is South America new to NCL? I can't find any NCL South America cruises on any searches at all. Would definitely be interested in Norwegian to SA if the prices are significantly better than Princess.

NCL cruised to S.A. until 2010 and apparently, from what others have said, this itinerary is the same or very similar. Someone, I think it was Polyseraph, posted a wonderful review of their last cruise. It's well worth checking it out if you can find it. I was in 2009. If I can find it I'll post the link here.

Cheers,

Is that true? My vague recollection is that they had west coast South American Cruises, and east coast South American cruises. Of course, they had a very long back to back. Am I mis-remembering? This itinerary seems entirely different.

NCL cruised to S.A. until 2010 and apparently, from what others have said, this itinerary is the same or very similar.

NCL did South America cruises over the years until Spring 2010. Norwegian Crown did a stint, then Dream took over, and finally the Sun.

It takes 14 days to go from Santiago Chile to Buenos Aires Argentina, and the reverse also takes 14 days.

My review of the SA cruise is in my signature. Please take time to read it.

Does anybody know if the spirit will be doing the EC or WC route from port canaveral first?

You'll have to wait until April for NCL to release the itineraries. ;)

We're interested in the re-positioning SUN cruise from San Diego to Santiago Chile - there will be ports we haven't been to. We already did the South America cruise and it was great but we will not repeat it.

Roll on April 15th for the itineraries to be released!!

NCL did South America cruises over the years until Spring 2010. Norwegian Crown did a stint, then Dream took over, and finally the Sun.

It takes 14 days to go from Santiago Chile to Buenos Aires Argentina, and the reverse also takes 14 days.

Thanks much Bluesea. The review just threw a monkey wrench into my planning. I've been watching a couple of different lines boards for deployment info for fall of 2015 for Spain and Canary Island itineraries. I had kind of/sort of decided to do that as our next cruise after our fall 2014 new England/ Canadian one, and hadn't even really considered South America for another couple of years, but you may have pushed the target date up a bit. Out of curiosity, what is the demographics on the SA cruises? Mix of North and South? Mostly South? Or is it pretty global? I would assume that with 14 days at the SA cruising time of year, mostly retirees like ourselves? I just hate to wait for Norwegian to release their remaining deployments and itineraries as a couple of promos that we have seen on other lines that we are considering for the Spain/Canary Island routes expire at the end of March. We were hoping to have a Fall 2105 cruise booked by then. Sure don't understand why Norwegian is so much later than everyone else.

We're interested in the re-positioning SUN cruise from San Diego to Santiago Chile - there will be ports we haven't been to. We already did the South America cruise and it was great but we will not repeat it.

The repo is Nov 4 17 days San Diego to Santiogo

NCL cruised to S.A. until 2010 and apparently, from what others have said, this itinerary is the same or very similar. Someone, I think it was Polyseraph, posted a wonderful review of their last cruise. It's well worth checking it out if you can find it. I was in 2009. If I can find it I'll post the link here.

Thank you! :) I'm glad you enjoyed it. To go to my review, click HERE. The link will send you to page 3 of a thread from last November speculating about whether NCL would ever return to South America. (Well, that one's been laid to rest!:D) The back story is that I promised another poster that I would punch up my 4yo draft review and finally post it. I was originally just going to post the text and only decided to add the photos as an afterthought. The thing I really love about that review was that it was a group effort. I really enjoyed reading about DMH15's Antarctica excursion and seeing the photos from Chezbo99's Volunteer Point excursion.

. . . .Out of curiosity, what is the demographics on the SA cruises? Mix of North and South? Mostly South? Or is it pretty global? I would assume that with 14 days at the SA cruising time of year, mostly retirees like ourselves?. . . .

On our sailing, they made the announcements in 5 languages: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, and German. There were a lot of South American families on our sailing. The North Americans seemed to be mostly retirees with some empty-nesters sprinkled in. We also had folks from Europe and Australia on our roll call.

Edited by polySeraph

I loved reading your review. I have this cruise as my have to do before I can't do the things I really want to experience. I have to admit I want to go even more now even though I know some slight changes have occurred. I love the Sun is a smaller ship and not one of the larger ones though we have danced around going on the Breakaway back to Bermuda.

The announcements have us all going crazy with dream cruises!

Thank you! :) I'm glad you enjoyed it. To go to my review, click HERE.

On our sailing, they made the announcements in 5 languages: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, and German. There were a lot of South American families on our sailing. The North Americans seemed to be mostly retirees with some empty-nesters sprinkled in. We also had folks from Europe and Australia on our roll call.

Thank you so much polySeraph for letting us know, sorry I just couldn't find your review but I'm sure others will enjoy it too.

And at least I was close as far as when the repo would be and the cities involved, thanks time2cruise1. :p

Enjoy, we're waiting for a different repo cruise to be posted but we already know when it will be. Lucky us :D

Thank you! :) I'm glad you enjoyed it. To go to my review, click HERE. The link will send you to page 3 of a thread from last November speculating about whether NCL would ever return to South America. (Well, that one's been laid to rest!:D) The back story is that I promised another poster that I would punch up my 4yo draft review and finally post it. I was originally just going to post the text and only decided to add the photos as an afterthought. The thing I really love about that review was that it was a group effort. I really enjoyed reading about DMH15's Antarctica excursion and seeing the photos from Chezbo99's Volunteer Point excursion.

What great pictures! Count me in!

If I've done the math right, this would seem to indicate that the Sun would arrive in Santiago on Saturday, November 21, 2015 (....the Saturday before US Thanksgiving in 2015) and then first arrive in Buenos Aires 14 days later on Saturday, December 5th.

Edited by polySeraph

Is April 15th the day the next itineraries will be released Bluesea? If so, will Latitude members get a crack at pre-bookings before general public?