Cost of transfer from the airport to ship and back

artronkat

We are flying into Barcelona for our Mediterranean cruise and flying out of Venice. The cost of transfer is $138.00 per person. Just wandering if we'll save money by getting our own transportation like a cab or car service. Is it a good idea ? Seems like the cost the cruise line is offering is high.

I would check the ports of call forum for both ports

I seem to recall reading the cost of a taxi from Venice port to VCE is about 30-40 Euros ...not PP

BCN to the Port runs about the same

Seems like a no brainer to me

Edited by LHT28

Ouch!!!!!

That's heavy.

An un-booked taxi from the rank at Barcelona (not Girona or Reus) airport was about €25 a couple of years back. About 9 miles, 20 minutes excluding traffic grief.

From Marco Polo (not Treviso) to the cruise terminal (and I guess it's the same in the opposite direction) was about the same pre-booked last summer. Again, about 20 mins in reasonable traffic. Can't recall the supplier, but wouldn't recommend anyway cos they were late - and I doubt one from the rank would cost significantly more.

The alternate airports I mentioned are up to an hour or more from the ports, so would cost a lot more.

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

Ok, guess we need to update the costs. In Barcelona a taxi from BCN to the port (assuming 2 plus some luggage) will cost you approximately 35 Euros (might be a few less). In Venice a land taxi from the port to VCE used to cost about 40 Euros....but we suspect it might be a little higher now since there have been other increases in the cost of some public transit. So lets assume you pay 35 in Barcelona and a whopping 50 Euros in Venice which would be 85 Euros or about $120 at current exchange rates. This is less then half the cost of the cruise line transfers...and I would add that using a taxi is always faster at BCN and usually faster at Venice (there can sometimes be a wait for taxis at the port).

Hank