Never again on the Liberty

Prettycee13

My family and I just got back from the Liberty it was a 7 day cruise. Let me start with our room steward left a toilet bowl cleaner in our bathroom and NO toilet paper. Very embarrassing and awkward. He basically told us clean your toilet or you cant use it!!!

We had a Mardi Gras party that led to lido deck. The party was suppose to end at 11:00 which I'm guessing it did but there was no announcement for adults to finish the party in one of the night clubs. When we noticed the behavior going on we looked for security and everyone was gone cruise director, entertainment staff, everyone. Their were grown drunk women rubbing themselves on little boys basically making a sandwich with them. No one was there to stop it. They were taking the caution when wet floor signs and doing a limbo line and then throwing it at each other. again no one there to stop it. At one point a little 10 year old boy was on the 10th floor running along the lounge chairs right next to the rails. Now I know people need to be responsible for there children but come on that could have been a bad situation. Finally at 1 am we went to guest services to let them know what was going on and I was told I was not the first to complain and it was a problem for security and they weren't doing there job!! So we went back to the lido deck and they did close the bars but I thought what about those kids??

The crew was not friendly at to me it looked like they were going through the motions. There were 4 crew members that were very nice they were Dj Spike, Dominikos ( busboy at the buffet) and the comedians Cowboy Bill and Happy Cole. Other than that the ports were beautiful!!

So happy cruising to all of you and good luck if you go on the liberty!!! Watch your children!!

We did a B2B on Liberty the end of January and had a completely opposite experience.

Yes, the toilet bowl brush is always in the bathroom.

All of the crew we dealt with were very courteous.

Isn't there usually an extra roll of toilet paper kept under the sink and isn't there always a box of tissue in there too? :confused:

Yes, on Liberty we had several rolls of toilet paper & boxes of tissue under the sink.

I board the Liberty in only 3 days!! Can't wait! I'm sure we will have a great time :D

Well do me a favor and keep the toilet clean because we'll be boarding as you are getting off! ;)

I'd like to be clear on what you mean by 'little'boys? If grown women are rubbing themselves all over children under 17/18 this is obviously a crime plus I have to wonder where the kids parents were and For sure CCL should have gotten on security to intervene.

If the boys were young adults then to be honest, no crime, no foul.

As for your other complaints. Although I have long since stopped sailing Carnival, I too find them petty. A quick call or note to the cabin steward would have fixed that small issue. I seriously don't think his intent was for you to clean your own Bathroom. That is ridiculous.

Was this your first Carnival cruise? If so you may want to try another line. You can't blame the ship for the passengers. Telling people to avoid the Liberty makes no sense.

It wouldn't be a crime to the 17 year old! ;) And if 18, it wouldn't be considered a crime in any way whatsoever (he would be an adult). Actually, if they were fully clothed, there was no crime committed that I could think of.

My guess is the toilet brush and paper issue was just an oversight that happened in the midst of cleaning. The stewards have many cabins to care for and likely make occasional mistakes. A phone call might have cleared things up quickly.

Not sure how to address your other complaints, as of course I did not witness those actions. Again, it's possible things were not as they seemed to be. Perhaps it would be best to focus on the fun things that you did experience and ignore the rest!

Maybe they were just cougars with their barely legal boyfriends.

Gotta say, if this was the worst that happened on your cruise, you got pretty darn lucky! Sounds like a great cruise to me! I guess some people just need to find the worst in every situation. I'm quite the opposite.

I hope you enjoy your next vacation more.

I didn't want quite time I wanted grown women to not rub there private parts on little boys in front of me!! That is not "nitpicky" it is DISGUSTING!!!!

Unless they were children you really have no way to know how old they were. I still get told I look like a teenager and I am 34. If it really bothered you all you needed to do was leave the area. Simple. Why stay somewhere you are uncomfortable just to complain.

I didn't want quite time I wanted grown women to not rub there private parts on little boys in front of me!! That is not "nitpicky" it is DISGUSTING!!!!

Did you run up and ask those "little boys" what their ages were? I'm sorry we have cruised Liberty twice and have never seen this behavior and I am like the PP I don't worry about what other people do. Unless that party was keeping you from sleeping who cares.

Just FYI we had a Mardi Gras party too...had a good time and we don't even drink...

I'm thinking "those little boys" weren't boys...I'm sorry but it looks like you might have went looking for problems. Guess cruising's not for you.

One more question, didn't you say the "inappropriate action" between the older women and young boys was in the nightclub? Isn't the age limit in the nightclub 18 and over? That would make them legal.

One more question, didn't you say the "inappropriate action" between the older women and young boys was in the nightclub? Isn't the age limit in the nightclub 18 and over? That would make them legal.

Maybe it was some young men looking for some cougar action...if everyone's legal..whatever!

Maybe it was some young men looking for some cougar action...if everyone's legal..whatever!

That's what I said in my previous post, cougars with their barely legal boyfriends. I'm not one to judge. At all. I'm 18 years older than my partner.

I have never seen a toilet brush in our cabin bathroom, on any of our cruises. But, if I did, it wouldn't make or break my cruise. I cannot see the steward carrying around a toilet brush to all of the cabins he has to care for.

Liberty usually gets RAVE reviews, so something seems a bit off, here.

Not to say she isn't entitled to a bad week here, or there, but it really does sound like you are nitpicking, just a bit.

Our last cruise, we had the WORST room steward, EVER. Praying we don't have him again this year, as we are going on the same ship, and staying on the same deck.:eek::eek: But, again, if we do, we'll deal with it. It certainly won't ruin our cruise.

Hope this one "bad" experience doesn't keep you from cruising Carnival, or ANY line, for that matter, again. Not all cruises can be 100% perfect.

Move up. Move on.:D:D

Well I couldn't really ask for toilet paper at the time...lol and yes everyday we told him ok were leaving now you can clean when ever your ready. Not to sound rude but isn't that what the tips are for him cleaning your room?

We are from the Mobile area so we are prepared for Mardi Gras but to me the deck situation took it to the extreme.

Did you tell him this loudly and slowly?

This is completely random and kind of dumb.

if what other passengers were doing was so repulsive and offensive

then just look away or go somewhere else.

I really don't understand the complaints

and to say you will never sail the Liberty based on these things

is kind of ridiculous.

I agree with ^ this ^ poster's perspective.

By 10:30 max I am asleep in my cabin, after a tiring cruising day.

I never have these problems!

Edited by Aplmac

That's shocking to hear because Liberty is one of the best ship out there. I don't hear much negative feedback about her, We sailed her in December and it's was the best cruise to date for me.

All it takes is a group like that to spoil things but it can and does happen across all the lines.

Liberty has the best crew also..... Maybe they were all on leave.:eek:

Sorry to hear.

The party was suppose to end at 11:00 which I'm guessing it did but there was no announcement for adults to finish the party in one of the night clubs.

I'm confused about this part of your complaint ~ why would you think or expect there to be an announcement for adults to finish the party at one of the nightclubs? I mean when the deck party is over, I know to head to a night club if I'm not ready for bed yet...so I am just wondering why you needed to be told, maybe I'm missing something here?!?! :confused:

Well I couldn't really ask for toilet paper at the time...lol and yes everyday we told him ok were leaving now you can clean when ever your ready. Not to sound rude but isn't that what the tips are for him cleaning your room?

We are from the Mobile area so we are prepared for Mardi Gras but to me the deck situation took it to the extreme.

I was on Liberty the week before you, and while I have some problems with Carnival they tend to be more specific to my tastes and overall I had a great time. Didn't you have a box of tissues in the bathroom you could have used? We had two boxes when we arrived.

Sorry, but when I read "Their were grown drunk women rubbing themselves on little boys basically making a sandwich with them. "

..at 11:00 in a night club, the problem is: WHERE ARE THE PARENTS OF THE LITTLE BOYS?!!?!?

I think OP was still on the Lido when she was referring to this dancing...she made note of the wet floor signs. Still...where WERE the parents even then?:confused::rolleyes:

WHERE ARE THE PARENTS OF THE LITTLE BOYS?!!?!?

For all we know, the "little boys"'could've been young adults. Been at the night club more than once when I've seen older, drunk women waaaaay past their prime grinding away with some college aged guys doing "the sandwich". But who are we to judge of they are all consenting adults on vacation?

Also, there's a possibility that the little boys dancing with older women could've actually been little boys dancing with their moms. Inappropriate and disturbing if they were actually grinding away, but sadly, I've witnessed that too. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I should cancel my cruise on the Liberty immediately! How dare people have a good time! seriously....

Way to go assuming that those "little boys" weren't of age. My 8 year old looks like she is 12 and gets mistaken all the time as such. Just an example.

I know many people who do not look their age now a day.

As for the toilet brush, there is ALWAYS one in each room. As stated above you assumed, again. If you did not have toilet paper, well, ask. It was as others have stated probably an honest mistake. Your room is not the only room on the entire ship they have to get to and clean.

The little kids running around, it happens. Blame the parents not the ship. It is not Carnivals responsibility to take care of someone elses child.