ncl coming back to port canveral!!

vols_159

Although it seems like the Spirit is an NCL favorite, IMHO it's an odd choice to compete with the ships currently sailing from there on 7 night itineraries.

But maybe that's exactly why she's being sent there; to attract people that DONT want the 100,000 plus ton ships with all the newest bells and whistles.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Although it seems like the Spirit is an NCL favorite, IMHO it's an odd choice to compete with the ships currently sailing from there on 7 night itineraries.

But maybe that's exactly why she's being sent there; to attract people that DONT want the 100,000 plus ton ships with all the newest bells and whistles.

NCL has fewer ships/options. Maybe not the best choice, but best one available?

You could be right, small ship, easier to fill. Personally, I'd love to cruise on the Spirit.

My husband and I prefer a smaller ship so we're thrilled! Still a long drive but at least it's closer than Miami. DH said that now if only they'd put a ship in Port Canaveral that goes to Bermuda!

Yup! That certainly got my attention - a mid-sized ship at a port that normally has huge ships. I happen to be one of the ones who would rather not set foot on any mega ship regardless of cruise line. I am on the look out for interesting itineraries with smaller ships that are not luxury over the top $$$. NCL's mid-size ships fit the bill for me.

While I prefer the bigger and newer ships, the Spirit is my all time favorite smaller ship. It's just so unique and we loved the Spirit. I wouldn't hesitate to sail on her again (and I can't say that about any of the other smaller ships I have been on). :)

The whole announcement yesterday was exciting just for the new choices we have. Only an 8 hour drive for us from Atlanta, Port Canaveral is a great choice and the Spirit is one ship that we haven't sailed on, so that is exciting - it has a lot of loyal fans.

We had abandoned NCL in 2015 for a South American cruise on RCL. Now we are going to change out the RCL and sail to SA with NCL - it has a better itinerary than the RCL ship.

Sailing on the Breakaway and Getaway this year, and looking forward to the New Escape.

Things are looking good for NCL right now:D