Elite Cards--Color?

OnlyPrincessforme

When did this change? We were on the Emerald in January and had the black cards.

We were on the Ruby in December and were issued the new elite silver card w/black stripe. We were on the Emerald in January and I started out with a black card but because it was demagnetized it was replaced with the new silver/platinum one. It's rather a nice looking card. At first I was hoping that it was a new card for super- elites sort of like Black Platinum or Silver Elite :D but not to be. Just another new thing from Princess according to the Passenger Services rep. It didn't do any better than the black one in keeping it's magnetism because I had to get that one replaced too. :o For some reason I tend to have lots of problems with the cards not working.

Weird. I just compared my black Elite card from the Sapphire 3/1-11/14 cruise (disembarked yesterday) with all of my cards going back two years, including a variety of ships. Exactly the same as my cards from 2012, absolutely no difference. They all have a grey-ish world map and a black strip on top. What's different about the "new" cards?

Edited by Pam in CA

New ones on the Sapphire 2 weeks ago.
It appears they changed mid-February. We were on a B2B February 8 with a black card and February 15 with a grey card. We wondered why one B2B was one color and the next a different one, but we never asked. We also noticed how similar they were to Platinum cards.

It appears they changed mid-February. We were on a B2B February 8 with a black card and February 15 with a grey card. We wondered why one B2B was one color and the next a different one, but we never asked. We also noticed how similar they were to Platinum cards.

We had the new cards on the Sapphire in December. :(

My original Elite card-not a cabin key-is the grayish with the black stripe at the top. "Elite" is in the upper right hand corner. I've had this card for many years.

As others have said-I don't flash it around and only take it out of my pocket for purchases etc.

It didn't do any better than the black one in keeping it's magnetism because I had to get that one replaced too. :o For some reason I tend to have lots of problems with the cards not working.

The construction of all of the cards is exactly the same. All that is different is a very thin overlay which has the CC status color and all of the printed information about the passenger.

Quite often that top overlay will peel off and a new card needs to be obtained just so you can see the printed info.

I can't imagine anyone being impressed by a black Elite card. Do other passengers really pay attention to them? :confused: I think people have more important things to think about on their cruise that someone else's Elite card, especially when it's so easy to reach that level now with the short cruises.

I can't imagine anyone being impressed by a black Elite card. Do other passengers really pay attention to them? :confused: I think people have more important things to think about on their cruise that someone else's Elite card, especially when it's so easy to reach that level now with the short cruises.

Your intro was "don't flash it around" who does?"

You would be surprised at some people who view it as a status symbol. Others feel that they have reached a level to demand better service, while others flash that card at the tender boarding areas yelling "I'm Elite-I go first!"

On one cruise, while I was waiting in the boarding line (yes, I'm Elite and waiting my turn in line) a guy behind me was fuming that he spent a lot of money on Princess and he should be treated better. As I looked back at him, I noticed his GOLD card. Can you just imagine what he might be like with a black card?

The construction of all of the cards is exactly the same. All that is different is a very thin overlay which has the CC status color and all of the printed information about the passenger.

Quite often that top overlay will peel off and a new card needs to be obtained just so you can see the printed info.

Thanks, but I already knew that...especially about the delamination because in addition to having issues with my card demagnetizing I also tend to wear the laminate loose. It's those pesky slot machines:rolleyes: Play enough of those and the corners of the laminate come loose.

I was just trying to be funny about the new card not being any better than the old. Guess it didn't work. :o

On a 40-day cruise comprised of 3 b2b's last fall in addition to the 3 cards provided at the beginning of each segment, I must have gone through an additional 6 or 7 cards. I replaced so many cards that my favorite Passenger Service rep started teasing me.