new towel policy

VermeulT

The policy with Costa is one per person and must be returned to the cabin, I thought it was a bit of a pain. When you pay the additional premium to cruise '5 star' with HAL, you don't expect the same kind of hassle. It brings it down to 3 star holiday camp level.

When did HAL become a 5* cruise line????

I've never seen it rated as such.;)

As we are sailing on RC in two weeks with family, I have been spending some time on their boards and apparently the towel check out procedure is back. Not happy as that procedure is a nuisance on a large ship as you have to stand in line both to check out towels, and then to return them.

When we were on the Eurodam in November they had the two blue ines in the roomn which we just left there as I didn't want to risk losing it and being charged, and then stacks of purple ones at the pool which we used.

I too am following that RCI thread. Looks like it was a random event that was done in error.

Check out post # 152

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2005764&page=8

The policy with Costa is one per person and must be returned to the cabin, I thought it was a bit of a pain. When you pay the additional premium to cruise '5 star' with HAL, you don't expect the same kind of hassle. It brings it down to 3 star holiday camp level.

With passengers schlepping cases of soda, power strips, duct tape and wearing sweatpants to dinner... You get a 3 star camp level cruise.

It is what it is?

Sure the wet towel will dry! ;) All one has to do is to spread the towel out fully on the shower rod & it will dry over the day! It's really quite a simple procedure!:rolleyes: I can't imagine washing my large towel after every single use! :eek:

or.....you can purchase either a 'Warm Rails' Stand, or if you have a little extra money, have it wired in permanently mounted on your bathroom wall. We have a 'Warm Rails' in two bathrooms and they are heavenly. The towels dry quickly and they are there all nice and warm for my next shower.

I do like the new HAL Beach Towels. However, there is always the chance that someone will mistakenly grab mine. I always put something of mine, not valuable, but identifiable on top of my towel when dipping my toes in the water.

On one private excursion (Princess)...hubby and I were on a Catamaran (Barbados). There were perhaps 25 of us...and the weather was not cooperating and it rained...warm, but we all got very soggy. I had protected my towel as did my husband. However, when I wasn't looking, someone (I think a young lady in her early 20's, sitting next to me) grabbed mine(ours were folded and tucked away to stay dry). Hers was on the floor of the boat soaking wet!

I was NOT a happy camper...Hubby and I shared his dry towel to dry off and stay warm. I had to take this woman's sopping wet towel back with me...as to not get charged. That to me is the downside...everyone's towel looks the same, some people mistakenly will grab yours or in this case they will grab yours because it is dry!!.

And while I enjoy the free tote bags given away by cruise lines, I always bring my own distinct tote bag for our cruises. Too easy for me to grab someone else's or vice versa. I use the cruise totes when I get home.

That is EXACTLY the reason why we never use the cruise line provided tote bags! Our old Grenada Spice Inslands one with a zipper has served us well for years and is very distinguishable.

Edited by iancal

Sure the wet towel will dry! ;) All one has to do is to spread the towel out fully on the shower rod & it will dry over the day! It's really quite a simple procedure!:rolleyes: I can't imagine washing my large towel after every single use! :eek:

I do like the new HAL Beach Towels. However, there is always the chance that someone will mistakenly grab mine. I always put something of mine, not valuable, but identifiable on top of my towel when dipping my toes in the water.

On one private excursion (Princess)...hubby and I were on a Catamaran (Barbados). There were perhaps 25 of us...and the weather was not cooperating and it rained..., but we all got very soggy. I had protected my towel as did my husband. However, when I wasn't looking, someone (I think a young lady in her early 20's, sitting next to me) grabbed mine(ours were folded and tucked away under the bench, well protected.).

Hers was on the floor of the boat, directly in front of her, crumpled and soaking wet! She, like the majority of peeps on the boat had gone snorkeling (before it rained) and she had used her own towel to dry off back on the boat. Hubby and I did not go snorkeling.

I was NOT a happy camper...Hubby and I had to wrap the one dry towel around the both of us to stay warm. I had to take this woman's sopping wet Princess beach towel back with me. That to me is the downside...everyone's towel looks the same, some people mistakenly will grab yours or in this case, they will grab yours because it is dry? I would like to think this woman had a 'spaced out moment' and it wasn't intentional..but......

And while I enjoy the free tote bags given away by cruise lines, I always bring my own distinct tote bag for our cruises. Too easy for me to grab someone else's or vice versa. I take the cruise totes home for use.

At home, we do reuse our towels as we have a 'Warm Rails', permanently wired and mounted on our two bathroom walls. So heavenly to have the towels dry quickly and warm and ready for the next shower.

Edited by Arwen

Costa also put towels out on beds poolside. Those in your cabin are for your use ashore.

How the heck does this mean hassle?

That is EXACTLY the reason why we never use the cruise line provided tote bags! Our old Grenada Spice Inslands one with a zipper has served us well for years and is very distinguishable.

I do use the tote bags, but am careful to put a twist of the decorated 'duck tape" I use to mark my luggage around the handle... works wonders. I have also used plain tape and put my initials on it. That works well too.

Susan