Celebrity Solstice - Advice

Hi there,

I need advice from anyone who has travelled on the Solstice with kids. I have 15, 12 and bringing a 7 year old with us, can anyone please tell me what the teens/kids clubs are like.

We will be travelling (hopefully) next April - Sydney to Hawaii.

Is there much on board for kids to do as it's an 18 night sailing with about 11 sea days so I don't want them bored.

We just got off the Rhapsody and they totally loved that ship, there was always something for them to do onboard.

Any advice on the Solstice would be greatly appreciated as I'm hoping to book something in the next couple of days. Thanks.

Regards,

Debbie

They'll be at least as impressed. Club facilities wise, it has at least as much as Rhapsody, with the teen lounge, games, video equipment and so on. The program is similar too, with a schedule for different age groups and spread of activities.

The only thing lacking compared to Rhapsody is the rock climbing wall. RCL is known for its active facilities, e.g. climbing wall, plus things like inline skating, minigolf, ice skating and flow rider on larger ships.

As a larger ship, there are even more places for the teens to roam, so they won't be disappointed.

Just be prepared for there to lot be heaps of kids on this particular cruise. We did the opposite direction in October and whenever I saw the kids club doing activities there was only about 8 kids. Then probably a handful of teens. So I'd just have a contingency plan of them being able to entertain themselves a bit without relying on finding new friends on board.

We did discover the games room in our wanderings though, it had a good selection of video game machines and things, and the sports facilities were really good. The kids I did see around always seemed to be busy and happy.

Hi there,

I need advice from anyone who has travelled on the Solstice with kids. I have 15, 12 and bringing a 7 year old with us, can anyone please tell me what the teens/kids clubs are like.

We will be travelling (hopefully) next April - Sydney to Hawaii.

Is there much on board for kids to do as it's an 18 night sailing with about 11 sea days so I don't want them bored.

We just got off the Rhapsody and they totally loved that ship, there was always something for them to do onboard.

Any advice on the Solstice would be greatly appreciated as I'm hoping to book something in the next couple of days. Thanks.

Regards,

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

I have already replied to a similar question you put on the 11 April 2014 and 3 April 2015 roll calls for Celebrity Solstice cruising from Sydney to Honolulu.

My daughter, Laura was 16 years old when she went last year. Laura has previously been on 13 cruises and said this was the best one she has ever been on. There were only 40 teenagers on board which was great as they all got to know everyone. Lets say the first night on leaving Sydney she did not get back to the cabin until 3.00 am (teenagers club shut at 1.00 am, clocks were put forward so it was actually 2.00 am), the teens were just sitting in Team Earth talking until 3.00 am.

For meals, we only saw Laura at breakfast the first day (where she met LillyLovesElvis' two teenage boys) and then when we all had dinner at the speciality restaurants. We would go to Select dinner in the restaurant and have to say our names ie Chris, Kim and no Laura.

Laura would go to Teens Club at about 10.00 am and not come back to the cabin until 2.00 am/3.00 am. We would pass her during the day, or see changes of clothes on the cabin floor. Laura did spend the days in port with us.

There are LillyLovesElvis' two teenage boys, plus twin girls (about 14 years old) plus Laura so far that we know of on the roll call.

I will get Laura to tell you below what she did during the day/night.

Kim

Hi Debbie,

My Mum has asked me to let you know what we did in Teens Club.

In Teens club we did:

* dodgeball out on the basketball court

* playstation and Wii

* theme nights (College night, dress up night)

* scavenger hunts

* trivia

* movies

* talent quest

* pool party

* boys Vs girls in various games

* Xbox 360 and we had a dance party

* hot glass show

* game called capture the flag where the teens played with the younger children's club

* dress up with things around the ship eg newspaper

* table tennis competition

* ice cream party

* pizza party

Plus lots of eating, wandering around the ship, making a subway meatballs sandwich at about midnight every night, all the teens having lunch together and eating the best hamburgers at lunch, sitting in the buffet area having softdrinks/mocktails.

Laura

Edited by Oriana1

I took my 8, 10 and 13 year old for a 3 night sampler cruise on her in January. I didn't think the kids would have that much fun in comparison to Royal but thy surprised me and had a fantastic time. The kids clubs seem to be better run than Royals and there was always something on for them to do. My kids loved it do much that we are going again in Jan next year but for 9 nights.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

We've booked - deposit paid today - yeh!!!!!!!!!!!

Kids and parents very excited. Tahiti and Hawaii here we come (well in 12 months :))

Deb

Hi Deb,

Looking forward to seeing you on board.

Kim

Thanks everyone for your comments.

We've booked - deposit paid today - yeh!!!!!!!!!!!

Kids and parents very excited. Tahiti and Hawaii here we come (well in 12 months :))

Deb

It is a great itinerary and prepare to be wowwed by Bora Bora. Enjoy.:D