Just off Connie 5 day

KKB

Constellation, just off today.

FABULOUS cruise, feel Celebrity does things just a bit better than other mass market lines. Made a dummy booking for March 2016 (Caribbean March dates not open yet) for my 50th bday--able to get free drink package plus OBC.

We did notice the lack of bar servers---never before have we seen bartenders also serve as servers (doing both jobs at the same time) But we had some wonderful servers/bartenders & we really enjoyed the drink package. And we're those drinks strong!

We LOVED BLU--AQ surely spoiled us. Our courses were never less than very good, typically excellent. We generally went with the waiters (John) recommendations & he did not lead us astray! Being from NE we r picky about steaks & I typically avoid them on cruises. But the filet was outstanding!

We were in 1104; occasionally noticed garlic/food smells in hall near elevator, but not unpleasant. We arrived daily between 6 & 7, never waited.

Ate buffet for breakfast; I prefer the larger variety on Princess or Royal, but this is a smaller ship; omelets were excellent & crowds minimal.

Enjoyed the energy of spring breakers; only once at muster did a group of young men offend us with their conversation better suited for a sports bar...

Smallest ship we have been on & we noticed much fewer crowds; but it was more difficult to get our beloved TX hold me game going in evenings.

Rarely saw our male steward but female was a bit rude one night when we were dressing a bit slower than usual. She seemed quite angry when I said another half hour. We never had a Do not disturb sign, so she often knocked at in opportune times!! I never got their names...

This rivals our Allure cruise as a fav--but 5 days is too short!

Happy to answer any questions

Nice to hear your report. I have a 12 day Baltic cruise booked on the Connie in August. It's been a number of years since I've been on an M-Class ship and am looking forward to the change from an S-Class.

I too have the drink package and am curious to see how busy the bars/waiters are.

Overall how shipshape did you feel the Connie was? Clean, minimal signs of wear and tear?

Lastly, last time we were on an M-Class ship they had an entertainer perform each night at the Oceanview Bar. Just wondering if they still do that now that there are cabins above the bar?

Edited by RickT

Constellation, just off today.

FABULOUS cruise, feel Celebrity does things just a bit better than other mass market lines. Made a dummy booking for March 2016 (Caribbean March dates not open yet) for my 50th bday--able to get free drink package

Happy to answer any questions

How were you able to make a dummy booking for Mar 2016 and get the free drink package?

Under the current promo it is only for cruises thru Mar 2015.

🍸🍻

Hit the ground running here!

The ship was immaculate--saw absolutely no signs of wear & tear.

We didn't breakfast in Blu. Since dinner is so long, we prefer to grab quick breakfasts & lunches. Plus we find that breakfast is breakfast--we had an omelet made each morning in the buffet, then I grabbed a coffee in Cafe al Bacio. (buffet coffee was very bitter)

Also never made it to Persian Garden--not my idea of relaxation. If I am going to sit & sweat, give me the sun!

YES we will definitely book AQ again for Blu alone--it was that good, in ambiance, service & food. I noticed someone from our Roll Call commented that the everyday steak was like shoe leather; DH ordered it one night medium & said it was good. If it isn't good, send it back! The night of the filet I ordered Ahi--it was quite good. But DH gave me a bite of his filet & it was fantastic! (high praise for a girl from Nebraska!) The waiter saw my pleasure & got me that steak! He also ordered the filet salad the next night & we both felt it was the same meat, though more thinly sliced. DH used to order steaks medium well; over the years I have gotten him to medium, but even he tasted the difference between MRare & Med--good medium, fantastic MR.

Just glanced at our future booking again...yep, it shows BEV123GO option on the reservation. There was a flyer on board that showed you could combine offers (123GO plus the future cruise OBC) & no expiration date--how could we not? And we have over 18 months to change to the cruise of our choice.

My mom is looking at another family cruise over New Years this year & I notice this cruise is available...wondering how the teen club is. The 6 kids would be 19-18-16-15-14-13. Of course, the dynamics change this year with the older one...hmmmmm

Edited by KKB

The ship was immaculate--saw absolutely no signs of wear & tear.

We didn't breakfast in Blu. Since dinner is so long, we prefer to grab quick breakfasts & lunches. Plus we find that breakfast is breakfast--we had an omelet made each morning in the buffet, then I grabbed a coffee in Cafe al Bacio. (buffet coffee was very bitter)

Also never made it to Persian Garden--not my idea of relaxation. If I am going to sit & sweat, give me the sun!

YES we will definitely book AQ again for Blu alone--it was that good, in ambiance, service & food. I noticed someone from our Roll Call commented that the everyday steak was like shoe leather; DH ordered it one night medium & said it was good. If it isn't good, send it back! The night of the filet I ordered Ahi--it was quite good. But DH gave me a bite of his filet & it was fantastic! (high praise for a girl from Nebraska!) The waiter saw my pleasure & got me that steak! He also ordered the filet salad the next night & we both felt it was the same meat, though more thinly sliced. DH used to order steaks medium well; over the years I have gotten him to medium, but even he tasted the difference between MRare & Med--good medium, fantastic MR.

Just glanced at our future booking again...yep, it shows BEV123GO option on the reservation. There was a flyer on board that showed you could combine offers (123GO plus the future cruise OBC) & no expiration date--how could we not? And we have over 18 months to change to the cruise of our choice.

My mom is looking at another family cruise over New Years this year & I notice this cruise is available...wondering how the teen club is. The 6 kids would be 19-18-16-15-14-13. Of course, the dynamics change this year with the older one...hmmmmm

I took my granddaughter & her friend (both age 13 at the time) on a 7 night Caribbean cruise, and they LOVED the teen club.

Hmmm....interesting. I will be onboard at the end of the month. Had wanted to book a cruise that will be in the Fall of 2015. After reading the rules of the latest PYP (sailing has to be before March 2015), I was disappointed that we could not get the drink package. I wonder if the 1-2-3 is an onboard promo for future bookings.

RickT

"Lastly, last time we were on an M-Class ship they had an entertainer perform each night at the Oceanview Bar. Just wondering if they still do that now that there are cabins above the bar?"

I did the 5 day cruise the OP is reviewing and a 12 day Eastern Med. on Constellation in Nov. Two different experiences.

The Sunset bar beyond the buffet did have a guitarist in Europe, usually during sailaway and some evenings until 10pm.

There was only one portable bar on pool deck, back by the grille end. On the five day, it seemed that they had two portables, because for many it was all about drinking on sea day.

On European cruise you will find many more international guests from all over the world. Martini Bar and Sunset bar are my favorites in the eveining after a full day in port.

Have a wonderful cruise, and you will love the Constellation. It is in great shape.

Hmmm....interesting. I will be onboard at the end of the month. Had wanted to book a cruise that will be in the Fall of 2015. After reading the rules of the latest PYP (sailing has to be before March 2015), I was disappointed that we could not get the drink package. I wonder if the 1-2-3 is an onboard promo for future bookings.

Hi! I just got off the same sailing and also made a dummy booking for a future cruise. And, yes, we were told 1-2-3 Go is now only available thru onboard future cruise bookings. The promo ended for everyone else on March 1 for cruises thru March 2015 ( at least this is what the agent told us) Onboard, we were able to make a booking up to April 2016 using the 1-2-3 Go promo.

Definitely think this perk will help onboard future sails since it is also combined with OB credit. No fees to change and no expiration. How can you lose?!

We never had a Do not disturb sign, so she often knocked at in opportune times!!

If you turn the deadbolt, they get a DND indication if trying to use the keycard to enter and will come back later. they normally will stick a piece of paper in door crack and not bother again until they see the paper on the floor after you open the door to leave.

Funny how tastes differ. For the first time we found Blu to be very average and unimaginative. For us steak is the last refuge, only to be ordered when other items on the menu are uninteresting. Frankly, I can grill a steak as well as anyone, but there are dishes that I would never attempt, either because of difficulty in finding ingredients or the difficulty in preparation. Those are the items I typically order when they are available. Unfortunately, they didn't appear on the Blu menu except for one night and then they were very good, I am happy to say. We were so disappointed, that we actually dined in Ocean Liner one time, something we didn't plan on doing when we boarded the ship. And I will say that OL was worth every penny of the additional cost. It is far and away my favorite X specialty restaurant, particularly because of the ambiance. It really gives me the impression of the elegance of a bygone age with very good service and excellent food. But I hated to have to resort to it only because of Blu's disappointing menu. To each his own, it is wisely written. We'll be back on the Connie for a much longer cruise later in the year, and we're hoping that Blu will return to its former excellence, if only because the additional days will allow an expanded and more challenging menu.

Most memorable dishes:

Beef Carpaccio

Encrusted Scallop

Baked Brie

Escargots (most tender I have ever had)

Crab Mushroom risotto

Short Ribs

Filet (best I have ever had on a ship; rivaled good steaks in Nebraska)

Dulce de Leche custard (like a caramel creme brulee)

Chocolate Lava Cake

These were all outstanding; we really enjoyed all the salads. Everything else we had was quite good, but these are the ones I would have gone back for again!! (and I DID have escargots 2 nights;))

All sound good to me. Having dined in Blu for a 7 night cruise (where I was tiring of the food by night 6, I wonder if we will get bored with Blu on a 12 night. :rolleyes: We loved breakfast in Blu every morning. Service was always fast and well worth skipping the buffet for.

Hi! I just got off the same sailing and also made a dummy booking for a future cruise. And, yes, we were told 1-2-3 Go is now only available thru onboard future cruise bookings. The promo ended for everyone else on March 1 for cruises thru March 2015 ( at least this is what the agent told us) Onboard, we were able to make a booking up to April 2016 using the 1-2-3 Go promo.

Definitely think this perk will help onboard future sails since it is also combined with OB credit. No fees to change and no expiration. How can you lose?!

I hope so! I am really interested in booking a cruise for Fall of 2015, if this is an ongoing perk for booking onboard. I will find out in two weeks.

We were told it will be an ongoing perk for booking onboard.

I'm curious to see this is the case.

I booked on board, and got the package added to the final century sailing leaving April 5 2015 but only after agent asked a manager, and then found a century-specific code. They only added after i complained that the prior cruise had it and it seas in all century advertising but technically didn't apply after march.

Hadn;t heard it worked fleet-wide....may be the best unadvertised perk yet. My ressie also has the $75 century final sailing credit and $300 book on board OBC from X.

Most memorable dishes:

Beef Carpaccio

Encrusted Scallop

Baked Brie

Escargots (most tender I have ever had)

Crab Mushroom risotto

Short Ribs

Filet (best I have ever had on a ship; rivaled good steaks in Nebraska)

Dulce de Leche custard (like a caramel creme brulee)

Chocolate Lava Cake

These were all outstanding; we really enjoyed all the salads. Everything else we had was quite good, but these are the ones I would have gone back for again!! (and I DID have escargots 2 nights;))

Yum! Crab Mushroom Risotto......:D