Corkage fee and boarding with wine.

I just recently returned from a cruise out of Galveston (March 2, 2014 departure Royal Caribbean) and I know there have been questions about a corkage fee for wine we take to the main dining room. Well we took 4 bottles total and was never charged a corkage fee and we boarded with those 4 bottles of wine and was never stopped during the boarding process to report them. As well in Falmouth, Jamaica we purchased a large bottle of rum and again when we went to reboard the ship nothing was done. We walked on like we didn't have any packages. Not sure what is going on but there you have it.

Hope it goes smooth for anyone else doing the same.

I don't believe RCI is charging a corkage fee. I know that NCL charges a corkage fee WEHN YOU BOARD....so it doesn't matter if you take it to the dining room or not!

As far as them not catching your booze purchases....it can be "hit or miss"`!

On embarkation day there wasn't even a table set up for anyone bringing wine aboard as there has been in the past. I certainly was not trying to smuggle it onboard so was just reporting my experience with the situation.

I don't believe RCI is charging a corkage fee. I know that NCL charges a corkage fee WEHN YOU BOARD....so it doesn't matter if you take it to the dining room or not!

As far as them not catching your booze purchases....it can be "hit or miss"`!

yes they do..when the bottle is consumed in the MDR or any public area.

if you open a bottle in your cabin, pour yourself a glass and wander around the decks, you are fine.

anyone who is not charged the fee got lucky.

we have..never... gotten lucky.

It has been reported that being charged the corkage fee in the MDR for folks who bring their own wine has been hit and miss. We're bring wine onboard this Saturday, but it's with the intention of enjoying it in the afternoon on our balcony. I also might carry a glass into the dining room at dinner time;) I've also been known to carry a glass of wine from the DL going into the dining room:cool:

Edited by KeywestK