Whatever happened to the Sovereign of the Seas?

She's sailing as MS Sovereign for Royal Caribbean subsidiary Pullmantur Cruises

That's correct. She sails with other former Royal Caribbean ships such as the former Monarch of the Seas and Empress of the Seas.

I loved Sovereign of the Seas my father took me on her for my 17th birthday! Sadly a few years ago she was transferred to one of Royals other companies. The smaller Pullmater (sorry, I know it's mis-spelled) cruise lines. She actually doubled the entire fleets passenger occupancy! Monarch of the Seas followed sovereign last year. Both are missed by many!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

She was my first cruise... I do miss her. But a piece of her is on the Allure and Oasis!! The huge blue Crown & Anchor over the aqua theater came from the Sovereign! I do miss that lady!!!

She was my first cruise... I do miss her. But a piece of her is on the Allure and Oasis!! The huge blue Crown & Anchor over the aqua theater came from the Sovereign! I do miss that lady!!!

So, I am not the only person to have gotten that tidbit of info from Capt. Johnny! :)

Since it can only be in one place at a time, it is on the Oasis. :)

Since it can only be in one place at a time, it is on the Oasis. :)

Actually... there were two Crown and Anchors on the Sovereign. One Port, One Starboard. One is on the Oasis and one is on the Allure. And I actually found out about it when they were added to the ships -- I know someone on the construction team. There are two more in storage. But, yes, Captain Johnny does tell the story!!!

Actually... there were two Crown and Anchors on the Sovereign. One Port, One Starboard. One is on the Oasis and one is on the Allure. And I actually found out about it when they were added to the ships -- I know someone on the construction team. There are two more in storage. But, yes, Captain Johnny does tell the story!!!

The two more that are in storage would be from the Monarch of the Seas and my guess would be that one of those C&A's will be on the third Oasis Class ship under construction.....

FANTASTIC trivia, Linda, thank you!

(I'll let you know if it's on the C&A trivia next time I cruise..........;))

The two more that are in storage would be from the Monarch of the Seas and my guess would be that one of those C&A's will be on the third Oasis Class ship under construction.....

Correct. they will be going on Oasis 3 and eventually 4

The plan WAS to use the crown and anchors from Sovereign for Oasis and Allure, however when then got them to the ship yard, they were found to be the wrong size and heavily corroded, so new ones were made, this was confirmed by Adam in his blog.

The plan WAS to use the crown and anchors from Sovereign for Oasis and Allure, however when then got them to the ship yard, they were found to be the wrong size and heavily corroded, so new ones were made, this was confirmed by Adam in his blog.

My understanding also.

Technically, you may be right... They were 'rebuilt' as I know the craftsmen who worked on the project and they did have to replace most of the out skin... but the structure did come from the Sovereign. They had to be retro-fitted for the new placement. I've been lucky enough to see pictures of the process...

Amazing that nobody thought measuring them might be a good idea.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

What a cool bit of Trivia! Sovereign of the Seas was also my first cruise on RCCL...also our Honeymoon cruise.

OK, I just have to chime in here too. She was my first ship as well. I will always remember how awestruck I was the first time I stepped inside. The green stairs, the glass, the big clock (which didn't work, but was still so cool!)

As we pulled away out into the beautiful blue, I got sick as can be! Spent the first 2 days in my cabin, and it was a 4 day cruise! It took a couple of years but we tried it again, on the Mariner this time. I was only sick one day...and I have been hooked ever since!

Like so many, we sail on her again during her last year with RCCL. I had been on many different ships by that time...but I enjoyed every moment.

Nice to know she's still out there, sailing the big blue, and showing others a fun time!