Just booked : Can we stay On?

Anniesails

Just booked the 14 day itinerary from Athens > Rome. Technically it is considered a combination of 2 cruises, they are offering several segments next year in Europe. I asked our Cruise Consultant to book it in 2 segments so we will get credit for 2 cruises, very close to elite now. Will we have to get off the ship as if it was a B2B? Does anyone know? :rolleyes:

Yes, you will be able to get off the ship on turnaround day. Usually, they give you an "In Transit" card so you can bypass the lines.

Which cruises are you on? We will be on the Ocean Princess in October/November for an 11 day Black Sea cruise and three 7 day Eastern Med ones.

Getting off on turnaround day. Whether or not you will be required to physically disembark and then re-embark on turn around day depends on the laws of the country you are in. A few years ago in Southampton we were not required to get off the ship, we only had to visit the gangplank to be scanned out and then scanned back in with our new cruise cards. You can of course exit, tour around and re-board.

It isn't necessary to book separate cruises to get additional cruise credits. If you booked two cruises as one, visit the Captain's Circle Host. They will add one additional cruise credit with zero days to your history. We just did this in January, and also corrected an old b2b from 2009.

Whether or not you have to get off the ship or not has nothing to do with how it was booked.

Also, for future reference there is no need to specifically book it as two separate cruises for more Cruise Credits when it was available as one longer combined cruise. You can talk with the Captains Circle rep onboard or phone in afterwards to get 2 credits for the trip.

You should look at which way is the best deal when booking a cruise like this being sure to factor in the different values of OBC from Future Cruise and Shareholders Benefit that you might get for the two shorter versus one longer cruise durations.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector
Clarification

You have to leave the ship in US ports. Others? Unknown.

Not in Whittier (Alaska) when doing a B2B in Alaska.

It really depends a lot on the itinerary. I didn't have to get off in LA once when doing a Vancouver to LA and then LA to LA (in Mexico).

Not in Whittier (Alaska) when doing a B2B in Alaska.

It really depends a lot on the itinerary. I didn't have to get off in LA once when doing a Vancouver to LA and then LA to LA (in Mexico).

That is because you cleared US Immigration before your boarded in Vancouver.

That is because you cleared US Immigration before your boarded in Vancouver.

I know exactly why. Someone just posted that you had to if the turnaround port was a US port. I just gave 2 examples in a US port when I did not have to.

Edited by Coral

<snip>

You should look at which way is the best deal when booking a cruise like this being sure to factor in the different values of OBC from Future Cruise and Shareholders Benefit that you might get for the two shorter versus one longer cruise durations.

Terry

There's a lot to look for when deciding 2 verses one booking. Our 2014 B2B is not offered as a single booking. But we got the "3-free" promo for each leg, and refared for onr of the two legs. Going in with a LOAD of OBC in total for the two legs.