Did I imagine it ?...

Lovely other

I'm sure a while ago I read a review of a cruise that went from the UK via Iceland and Greenland to Canada and the East coast of America, but I can't find anything similar for sale on the HAL site.

Maybe I've got it wrong, has anyone been on or seen a similar cruise ?

I believe that cruise only happens once a year toward the very end of August. I know the Eurodam does it about that time. The Maasdam or Veendam may (?) do it. I'm very interested in that cruise but it doesn't work with my work deadlines:mad:.

Is this the cruise you are thinking of?

http://www.hollandamerica.com/find-cruise-vacation/CruiseDetails.action?webItineraryIdForAudit=ET418S&fromSearchVacation=true&destList=EN,ET&dateCode=8_2014&flexibleMonths=false&noOfFlexibleMonths=1&portCode=&shipCodeSearch=&voyageCode=D467

Edited by cruz chic

I'm sure a while ago I read a review of a cruise that went from the UK via Iceland and Greenland to Canada and the East coast of America, but I can't find anything similar for sale on the HAL site.

Maybe I've got it wrong, has anyone been on or seen a similar cruise ?

It's probably the Voyage of the Vikings often called the VOV, which leaves out of Boston mid July..The RT itinerary includes Canada, Iceland, Greenland, Scandinavia, Amsterdam, & this year Scotland.. Then it returns via different but similar ports back to Boston.. It's normally 35 days Round Trip, but you can book it one way...It departs once a year out of the U.S. & return..

I've wanted to do that cruise for a long time with our Friends, but since it's not going to Ireland this year, my Friend is hoping that it hits Ireland in 2015..Can you guess she has Irish blood in her & she would love to do it when it next goes to Ireland..If it does go to Ireland in 2015 & they book it, hopefully we too will be able to go with them depending on my DH's condition..

We all almost took the cruise about 6 years ago but my DH stalled & when he finally said yes it was fully booked..It usually books up early..

http://www.hollandamerica.com/find-cruise-vacation/CruiseDetails.action?webItineraryIdForAudit=ETS435&fromSearchVacation=true

Betty

Edited by serendipity1499

It's probably the Voyage of the Vikings often called the VOV, which leaves out of Boston mid July..The RT itinerary includes Canada, Iceland, Greenland, Scandinavia, Amsterdam, & this year Scotland.. Then it returns via different but similar ports back to Boston.. It's normally 35 days Round Trip, but you can book it one way...It departs once a year out of the U.S. & return..

I've wanted to do that cruise for a long time with our Friends, but since it's not going to Ireland this year, my Friend is hoping that it hits Ireland in 2015..Can you guess she has Irish blood in her & she would love to do it when it next goes to Ireland..If it does go in 2015 to Ireland & they book it, hopefully we too will be able to go with them depending on my DH's condition..

We all almost took the cruise about 6 years ago but my DH stalled & when he finally said yes it was fully booked..It usually books up early..

http://www.hollandamerica.com/find-cruise-vacation/CruiseDetails.action?webItineraryIdForAudit=ETS435&fromSearchVacation=true

Betty

See my post above. There is a shorter route.

Thankyou both for your replies ...that is the cruise I was looking for but not in my price range unfortunately ...where did i leave that lottery ticket ?

If you find your ticket will you share it with me? HAL's prices are stupid high far out. This is the first time I haven't had several cruises booked with them because I'm sick of their pricing games. My PCC sends me constant emails about booking something. I told him when the prices go down I'll book something.

If you find your ticket will you share it with me? HAL's prices are stupid high far out. This is the first time I haven't had several cruises booked with them because I'm sick of their pricing games. My PCC sends me constant emails about booking something. I told him when the prices go down I'll book something.

Tonights jackpot is £107 million ...i guess I could treat you to a cruise ;). I agree about the high prices when cruises are far out. We always book last minute because of being self-employed and needing a gap between contracts to go somewhere.

Tonights jackpot is £107 million ...i guess I could treat you to a cruise ;). I agree about the high prices when cruises are far out. We always book last minute because of being self-employed and needing a gap between contracts to go somewhere.

That would be a nice bit 'o cash. Good luck. Don't forget me when you're rich:D.

Does that leave out of the UK which the OP asked about?

The VOV is on the Veendam..

Betty

OP Forgot to mention that the return is July 29 & it's an 18 day..

BTW I priced the outside cabins only on the Veendam & they seem to be $800 less than the Eurodam outside..:eek:

Agree they are expensive, but the VOV does seem to fill up every year.. As you get closer to departure some of these prices might come down if you are looking for the one way out of the UK..

Realize it's a short flight to CPH but the air fare will increase your overall price plus a hotel if you have to fly in the day before..

We are looking at the round trip & if we do book it we would like a Lanai which is thousands more than the minimum outside cabins..:eek::eek:

I'm going to buy a lottery ticket myself..LOL

Betty

I don't mind if it isn't the UK. Copenhagen is a very short flight from here.
This year it's from Copenhagen, last year it was from Amsterdam and had some different ports. Maybe next year from UK! Save your pennies! :)

The year I did it the mid-way turn around was Amsterdam... but some people did board at Dover. I did the round trip.... it was one wonderful cruise and yes, we did stop in Ireland and also Liverpool so that would be another U.K. stop.

Susan

Last time I checked Boston wasn't in the UK:D;).

:confused::confused: Since you actually quoted my original post it seems to correct me & then went on to state that there was a shorter cruise suggest you read both the OP's original post & my original post again..

The OP specifically asked for a cruise out of the UK & I told her that the VOV was returning from the Scotland which last I checked was part of the UK..

I also said she could just book the return one way portion which again is out of the UK., & BTW is also 18 days..;) :)

In my later post I also went on to explain the difference in the prices..

Did you happen to notice that the OP lives in the UK & probably that's why she asked for a cruise out of the UK?

Betty

Edited by serendipity1499

I'll make a firm promise right here and now.....if there's ever some give-away or whatever and I win a VOV cruise I'll give it to the first person who responds when I post my winning here. :rolleyes::D I showed this itinerary and cruise to my wife a couple of years ago and she gave me "The Look". :o:eek: In our work we develop what we call 1 to N lists where N equals basically infinity. It's how we prioritize our projects, 1 being the highest priority, N being so far out it qualifies for N equaling "never". Seems only natural that we develop a 1 to N list for cruises and the VOV cruise for my wife apparently comes right after N. :D

Edited by Randyk47

And does your PCC ever have anything to say about the pricing going down? I imagine he/she would consider this very detrimental to doing business with his/her customers!

I did notice the ship stops in Invergordon but that's 325 miles from my home and with the price of trains within the UK flying to Copenhagen is actually cheaper!

Our grand plan was to take this trip, tour around the east coast of America and New England before heading to Toronto to visit family. Plan B is transatlantic to New York with Cunard. Much cheaper but not half as interesting.

Then you are really looking at the E-dam one-way repositioning cruise. I did this one back in '01 on the Amsterdam, and decided I love that route. The ports have changed a bit over the years, but overall it's still the same great cruise.

You could look at the E-dam repositioning, which ends in NYC, then stay on for the 10-day NE/Canada cruise which ends in Quebec City. Or, plan out a land tour in New England/Canada and rent a car. It's a great area that includes places away from the coast.

And does your PCC ever have anything to say about the pricing going down? I imagine he/she would consider this very detrimental to doing business with his/her customers!

There is really no need to get nasty just because you didn't like a comment I made to you recently. Hal doesn't need to gouge people and give away the farm at the end. Princess is giving me much more favourable rates lately. It's time that Hal comes to the plate. My friend is a one star mariner and gets way better pricing. To me that is detrimental to business when I've put a ton of money in their coffers.

I agree..the Eurodam repositioning cruise is a good one…and much cheaper than the V of V since it's a repo cruise and not a destination cruise. We loved the Eurodam…did great ports including Greenland, Iceland, Newfoundland, was supposed to be in NS too, but a hurricane got in the way…

Nice cruise…check it out…should be affordable.

By the way, on that cruise, (on that ship) check out the Category J cabins (Inside, Main Deck)…they were wonderful!!!

There is really no need to get nasty just because you didn't like a comment I made to you recently. Hal doesn't need to gouge people and give away the farm at the end. Princess is giving me much more favourable rates lately. It's time that Hal comes to the plate. My friend is a one star mariner and gets way better pricing. To me that is detrimental to business when I've put a ton of money in their coffers.

So sorry you thought I was being nasty! You made a comment to me? Really, I must have missed it.

Goodness, I agree with you about pricing. I was wondering how your PCC deals with not being able to get long-time cruisers like you to book because of the pricing. It must be depressing!

So sorry you thought I was being nasty! You made a comment to me? Really, I must have missed it.

Goodness, I agree with you about pricing. I was wondering how your PCC deals with not being able to get long-time cruisers like you to book because of the pricing. It must be depressing!

I must have misread you post because you seemed very upset with me. If that was not the case I apologize.