Changes to the Next Cruise Program

I just checked our C&A benefits and you are correct.

Balcony discount for D+/PC Members booking more than 6 months from departure is now

$250 ~~ 6-9 Nights

$350 ~~ 10-14 Nights

$350 ~~ 15+ Nights

Subtract $25 if booked less than 6 months from departure.

However - if you do a mock booking while logged in as a C&A member it gives the discount for shorter cruises. :confused:

I was going to ask a human - unfortunately I have to leave and I've been on hold for over 30 minutes. Hope someone has better luck confirming.

I just checked our C&A benefits and you are correct.

Balcony discount for D+/PC Members booking more than 6 months from departure is now

$250 ~~ 6-9 Nights

$350 ~~ 10-14 Nights

$350 ~~ 15+ Nights

Subtract $25 if booked less than 6 months from departure.

We are going to need a whole NEW THREAD on this one if it turns out to be true:eek::D:p

I just spent a few minutes looking for that page, and could not find it. Frustrating.:confused:

And they have WOWed us again. I found it. I'm sure you have by now, too. Not only is there no balcony/suite discount for cruises shorter than 6 nights there are only 2 levels of discounts. 15+ night sailings get no more than 10-14 night sailings.

With any luck, this will drive down the price of the balconies and suites on the shorter cruises and the savings will be built in.

Gina

We are going to need a whole NEW THREAD on this one if it turns out to be true:eek::D:p

It really doesn't affect us because we always book longer cruises. What really ticks me off is that if they are going to do these changes to the C&A program............send out an official announcement listing what is being eliminated.

We all know that they can change their program at any time..........but for goodness sakes, make people aware of what is going on. Sure, folks won't be happy with any change/elimination at first, but it sure is better knowing ahead of time than being blind sided when you go to book.

However - if you do a mock booking while logged in as a C&A member it gives the discount for shorter cruises. :confused:

I was going to ask a human - unfortunately I have to leave and I've been on hold for over 30 minutes. Hope someone has better luck confirming.

When I do a mock booking for any date after next Tuesday, it doesn't allow me to request the senior discount. Apparently the system has no idea I will be an official RCI senior on that day. Their booking system doesn't always know what is in other parts of the system. It also won't do the figures for solo booking at 150% single supplement for those who qualify - even while logged in when it should know how many points we have.

OH!! ONLY a 30 minute hold? Did they say it would be 8 minutes? That is pretty much the routine now. I was on hold during 2 separate calls on Saturday - 1 hour 45 minutes. I had to call back an hour into the first call because my call was dropped.

Gina

Edited by mommabean

And they have WOWed us again. I found it. I'm sure you have by now, too. Not only is there no balcony/suite discount for cruises shorter than 6 nights there are only 2 levels of discounts. 15+ night sailings get no more than 10-14 night sailings.

With any luck, this will drive down the price of the balconies and suites on the shorter cruises and the savings will be built in.

Gina

They never did before. The 15+ night discount has always been the same as 10-14 nights unless it was a special promo.

Platinum~Emerald~Diamond~Diamond Plus~Pinnacle Balcony Discounts as of Jan. 21, 2011

IF it turns out to be true? It IS in writing. Not that RCI hasn't messed up things in writing before. :rolleyes: :)

Gina

It could be just another proof reading error, or could it??:eek: Maybe someone who can get thru on the phone will come back and report

It really doesn't affect us because we always book longer cruises. What really ticks me off is that if they are going to do these changes to the C&A program............send out an official announcement listing what is being eliminated.

We all know that they can change their program at any time..........but for goodness sakes, make people aware of what is going on. Sure, folks won't be happy with any change/elimination at first, but it sure is better knowing ahead of time than being blind sided when you go to book.

I agree 100%, but we know it's very typical of Royal to hide the bad news until the last possible moment.

That's what cruise critic is for. :rolleyes: They must assume anyone who cares will read it here. If they aren't here, they probably aren't very cruise aware anyway. ;)

Gina

When I do a mock booking for any date after next Tuesday, it doesn't allow me to request the senior discount. Apparently the system has no idea I will be an official RCI senior on that day. Their booking system doesn't always know what is in other parts of the system. It also won't do the figures for solo booking at 150% single supplement for those who qualify - even while logged in when it should know how many points we have.

OH!! ONLY a 30 minute hold? Did they say it would be 8 minutes? That is pretty much the routine now. I was on hold during 2 separate calls on Saturday - 1 hour 45 minutes. I had to call back an hour into the first call because my call was dropped.

Gina

Gina, check your feline email.

This is some Bulls---! Enough with it, RCCL. The balcony discount was already substantially lower on the short cruises, but now why no discount at all? They have many 5 night sailings, including Bermuda, which are not cheap. I totally disagree with this change.

They never did before. The 15+ night discount has always been the same as 10-14 nights unless it was a special promo.

Platinum~Emerald~Diamond~Diamond Plus~Pinnacle Balcony Discounts as of Jan. 21, 2011

So there were only 3 discount levels before? I guess I never paid attention either. :p Apparently they listed the different levels just because of the total discount including the OBC. I never noticed that. I always believed the longer cruises got a better discount. Now I don't feel so bad. :rolleyes: :) I think. :confused: LOL

Gina

Agree....folks may not be happy but I think they're going to be less happy when they go to book a cruise and find out things have changed.

It could be just another proof reading error, or could it??:eek: Maybe someone who can get thru on the phone will come back and report

Just got off the phone with C&A. YES IT IS OFFICIAL EFFECTIVE MARCH 15, 2014...........balcony discounts for 3-5 nights have been eliminated.

The funny part is that the gal I spoke with at C&A did not have a clue until she went into her C&A account and then read the fine print of the changes that they received on March 15!!

Just got off the phone with C&A. YES IT IS OFFICIAL EFFECTIVE MARCH 15, 2014...........balcony discounts for 3-5 nights have been eliminated.

The funny part is that the gal I spoke with at C&A did not have a clue until she went into her C&A account and then read the fine print of the changes that they received on March 15!!

I just went in and did a booking for the same 5 night Vision cruise I'm currently booked on and it still gives the $150 D+ balcony discount.

Looks like owning shares will be of some benefit again.

Ok just to add to the confusion I just got off the phone with them as well and was told that the balcony discount still does apply to 3-5 night cruises:eek:

It's very possible that their IT people haven't figured out the "delete" button.:D

I changed the dates by a week on my 4 night Enchantment cruise yesterday and still received the balcony discount. I would suspect that they are in the process of eliminating it but are delayed just as they are with the new itineraries. Glad I got my change in.