The reason I like to cruise RCCL is....

I've cruised NCL, Disney and Royal twice. I just love Royal. I like the way their ships are decorated and love the Royal Promenade concept on Voyager class and up (I think I'm stating this correctly). I have 12 and 9 year old daughters. For us, Royal is our best fit. There is just more fun stuff to do on Royal ships. I still think Royal would be a good choice for us even without our kids though. I would consider Celebrity, Princess and HAL without my kids tough, but I would say I'm pretty loyal to royal.

Debbie

One of the things I've noticed that is consistent throughout every Royal Caribbean ship I've been on is the abundance of wide, open spaces (ex. Royal Promenade, atriums, Central Park, etc.). It seems like this is something that is not found as much on other lines. However, I wouldn't say that we are "Loyal to Royal." We are trying the Norwegian Getaway this summer and are excited to try something new and different.

I've only been on Carnival when I was much younger and found it to be more of a drinkers cruise line. I like Royal because of all the onboard activities available, the layout of the ships and the variety of locations they sail to.

1- Better food in the MDR

2- Wonderful specialty restaurants and worth every penney extra

3- Ship flow and layout never feel crowded (only during the parade which is normal)

4- Buffet food quality/selection/variety best over Carnival and NCL (can't compare it so much choices and very good overall)

5- Buffets have items for people that need to be sugar free, dairy free and gluten free (NCL and Carnival was horrible, really little if any choices at all)

6- Excellent staff overall

7- Drinks are given in larger glasses compared to the size glasses that Carnival uses

8- Shower doors in bathroom rather than shower curtains

9- Nice size balconies

10- Decor not gaudy and not plain just perfect

11- Viking Crown Lounge

12- Prefer the type of people more

13- Decent shows (NCL was decent also and Carnival ugh lol)

14- More choices for late night snacks available

We love Royal our favorite! It may cost more but you get what you pay for.

We love all the activities on the ships, but we can also always find a quiet spot to sit and play cards, have a drink or just visit with people.

We really like that they have traditional dining in the MDR, but also offer flexibility with My Time Dining, the buffet and specialty restaurants.

Also really enjoy their entertainment; especially the ice shows.

Totally agree with previous comments about the layout and decor of the ships.

Thank you to everyone who has posted on this thread.

I have booked our 1st RCI cruise--the repositioning cruise in October.

It is for our 30th anniversary. We have been on 7 Carnival cruises and wanted to try something different for our anniversary. These posts are reassuring me that I made the right choice.

Thank you to all.

Thank you to everyone who has posted on this thread.

I have booked our 1st RCI cruise--the repositioning cruise in October.

It is for our 30th anniversary. We have been on 7 Carnival cruises and wanted to try something different for our anniversary. These posts are reassuring me that I made the right choice.

Thank you to all.

Congratulations on 30 years! Be sure to order anniversary decorations. But I'd order them on your anniversary. Ours fell down after a day, but I've read that other people had theirs up all week long. Also, the door decoration makes it easier to find your stateroom.

We've been taking NCL for several years and it became very comfortable. I have friends who feel the same way about Royal. DH, who always goes along with where I want to go, came to me last Summer and said "I really want to see Lanzarote." :eek:

I did a search and while NCL also visits, it was at a bad time of year for us and the stop was for just a few hours. Nor did I care for the rest of their itinerary. So....

I did a search here on CC and voila...RCI had this terrific itinerary and here we be. Our first cruise on RCI will be this October.

What do I like about RCI so far? As the members here assured me, making my reservations (air, cruise, hotel) directly has been painless...everyone I speak with knows when I've called, what the call was about. Without exception they have all been professional, EXTREMELY polite...and patient, and very helpful.

Good customer service...wins me over every time. :)

In fact...I'm now looking at an Australia itinerary as well...for the future but isn't that what so many of us do...start looking at where to go after we take our next cruise? Others do that too...right???;) Right????

Right????[/i]

Get the "next cruise credit" when you're on the cruise. That way you get on board credits and reduced deposit for your next cruise. We got them on our last cruise and wished we bought more

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by krev

Our first cruise was on Royal and we've never looked elsewhere. We've never had a bad experience and always enjoyed the ships. I asked DH last year if he wanted to try a different line and his response was: why? Royal has never let us down and we're comfortable on their ships. We are definitely Loyal to Royal.

Our first cruise was on Royal and we've never looked elsewhere. We've never had a bad experience and always enjoyed the ships. I asked DH last year if he wanted to try a different line and his response was: why? Royal has never let us down and we're comfortable on their ships. We are definitely Loyal to Royal.

I could have written this post, I asked my husband the same thing and got the same answer! We had a very large roll call for our last with many of the folks having cruised extensively. We had discussions with them and they said don't bother trying other lines. I would still like to try Celebrity but I just love the Royal Promenade, really makes the ship feel open.

I have cruised on NCL twice, Carnival 10 times (Platinum) and RCI twice with 2 more booked. In my opinion, a lot of this depends on the ships.

1- Better food in the MDR (matter of opinion-pretty much the same in my opinion)

2- Wonderful specialty restaurants and worth every penney extra

3- Ship flow and layout never feel crowded (only during the parade which is normal) TRUE TRUE TRUE

4- Buffet food quality/selection/variety best over Carnival and NCL (can't compare it so much choices and very good overall) Depends on the ship IMO

5- Buffets have items for people that need to be sugar free, dairy free and gluten free (NCL and Carnival was horrible, really little if any choices at all)

6- Excellent staff overall (I have had great service on all my cruises)

7- Drinks are given in larger glasses compared to the size glasses that Carnival uses

8- Shower doors in bathroom rather than shower curtains (THIS IS A BIG BONUS AND SO TRUE at least on most ships)

9- Nice size balconies (? not sure about that one)

10- Decor not gaudy and not plain just perfect (TRUE - RCI has very pretty ships)

11- Viking Crown Lounge

12- Prefer the type of people more (People come in all demographics on all cruises so this can depend on the cruise & home port. 3 day weekend cruises on Carnival can have some strange people including some very unclassy people that don't know how to behave themselves in public.:rolleyes: but 7 day cruises usually are pretty similar clients)

13- Decent shows (NCL was decent also and Carnival ugh lol)

14- More choices for late night snacks available

We love Royal our favorite! It may cost more but you get what you pay for.

A lot of this depends on the ship. One thing RCI offers that others don't are the rock climbing walls, flow rider, and their adult only pool areas are far superior and I love this concept.

Booked on our first royal for the Oasis TA. Great thread and hoping to learn lots from the loyal to royal group ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Oy, excuse the auto correct ;)

You will love the Oasis. I was on the Allure and I liked it so much that I booked the Oasis for May 2015. Can't wait.

As I mentioned, I'm platinum on Carnival and I've never had a bad cruise but one might have been considered a disaster by others' standards. I went on a weekend 3 day cruise out of California with lots of drunk college kids. Booked last minute so had poor cabin selection but I only paid less than $400 for the two of us. I usually go with the flow and can usually say I got my moneys worth.

As a side note, I love karaoke as you can see by my screen name and RCI falls short on that.

My reasons fall to the other side of why to be loyal to royal, I only get to cruise 1 time a year or every 2 years so for the chance to build loyalty and get better deals I am interested in staying with RCCI. Our cruises have been amazing, and we want a good balance of sea days and shore days so that we can take advantage of the things offered on board. I love bingo, and the scavenger hunts, trivia (only I am not great at it,lol) the kids love the flowrider, bb courts, rock climbing and we all enjoyed the shows.

Get the "next cruise credit" when you're on the cruise. That way you get on board credits and reduced deposit for your next cruise. We got them on our last cruise and wished we bought more

Thanks Kelly!

My reasons fall to the other side of why to be loyal to royal, I only get to cruise 1 time a year or every 2 years so for the chance to build loyalty and get better deals I am interested in staying with RCCI. Our cruises have been amazing, and we want a good balance of sea days and shore days so that we can take advantage of the things offered on board. I love bingo, and the scavenger hunts, trivia (only I am not great at it,lol) the kids love the flowrider, bb courts, rock climbing and we all enjoyed the shows.

You say you live scavenger hunts, I hope you are a geocacher!

How much do flowriders cost to use?

The Flowriders are included with the cruise fare. All you need to do is sign a waiver before you use it because is considered a "potentially dangerous activity".

Now, there are not Flowriders on every ship.

Oasis and Allure have two Flowriders each.

Independence, Freedom, and Liberty, have one Flowrider each.

Navigator is very recently got a Flowrider.

In my experience, you will get the most time on a Flowrider if you sail on Oasis or Allure, because they have two Flowriders each.

Edited by Oasis Of The Seas Expert

Rccl does everything well, best entertainment, I am not totaly loyal have cruised Hal/Celeberity/NCL/Costa/MSC/Carnavile but I think RCCL is best cruise line in general. Next month we will sail on out 57 cruise and 12th RCCL.