Wave runner's in Labadee

island diver

Hi

I posted this on another thread about jet ski experience awhile back.

Here posted again:

Hi

We have done the jet skis our last two years at Labadee.

And

We already have them booked for this July.

Why?

Well, the only time we jet ski is on vacation and we love the way it is done!

-To start you arrive at the check-in area

-Show them your drivers license if you look like a youngin (yup our DD forgot hers on the Allure DH ran back on board and back with in 20 min to show it good DH!)

-sign the waivers

-go to 10 min orientation and safety video

-they rank you on your skill level (we were 1-2-3)

-get your life vest

-go to jet ski dock (it is hot wear your flip flops)

-get on your jet ski

-first run is to get the feel of it, you go out about 100 yards to tethered orange marker, yup full throttle the only way to go.

-Then you take off, you are told when to go, and by going full throttle you ride the waves.

-get to next stop, about 6 min.

-do this 5 times.

-last stop is close to shore and the locals try to sell you stuff, just say no, and eventually they leave you alone.

-back to shore.

The reason we like it is

They know all the reefs and waters

You go fast if you want, and slow if you want, thats why they rank you.

They tell you not to jump waves but show you how to do it if you want.

They have a guide in the front and the back.

We had a blast, and that is why we are doing it for the third time.

Oh I did it for the first time when I was 54 y/old

We feel safe

If you own a jet ski, or have done a lot of jet skiing, you could be bored.

For us it was great!

Hope this helps

Sea Ya

SUE

That's right...if you want to be able to do your own thing, you'll be better off just renting one at another port, during a beach day.

Be careful. On most stops like Nassau for instance, they recommend you NOT do excursion like that. If you should get injured while doing it, travel insurance will not pay.

Be careful. On most stops like Nassau for instance, they recommend you NOT do excursion like that. If you should get injured while doing it, travel insurance will not pay.

You are so right!

Thanks for posting,

That is why we do a structured jet ski, (I know you can still get hurt) but

The guides know the waters and reefs

Sea Ya

My husband and daughter just did this 2 days ago and loved it. She is not quite 16 so had to ride with her dad. A bit pricey but were glad they did it. We had a jet ski for years but just seeing the island from the water was a new experience.

Much easier and cheaper to rent them in Coz, GC, or anywhere.

Skip the videos & class ranking.

Just get on and ride.

They are pretty simple....

And that advice is exactly why accidents and deaths occur on PWCs. The controls may be simple but knowing how to properly operate a PWC is critical to your safety.

For example most people will immediately let off the throttle if they are about to hit something. Which is exactly what you cannot do because you lose all steering control. (Unless you are riding a newer SeaDoo which automatically engages the throttle in such situations to overcome this common operator error).

As an longtime PWC owner who rides extensively on very a busy lake I can tell you that no one ever rides my SeaDoo without training on how to operate it and a ride with myself or my wife on board. It's like putting someone on a ninja motorcycle and sending them off to ride on a busy freeway.

So please folks, always get safety instructions and proper riding instructions when you rent PWCs. Especially if you are not a regular boater. It could very well save your life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

And that advice is exactly why accidents and deaths occur on PWCs. The controls may be simple but knowing how to properly operate a PWC is critical to your safety.

For example most people will immediately let off the throttle if they are about to hit something. Which is exactly what you cannot do because you lose all steering control. (Unless you are riding a newer SeaDoo which automatically engages the throttle in such situations to overcome this common operator error).

As an longtime PWC owner who rides extensively on very a busy lake I can tell you that no one ever rides my SeaDoo without training on how to operate it and a ride with myself or my wife on board. It's like putting someone on a ninja motorcycle and sending them off to ride on a busy freeway.

So please folks, always get safety instructions and proper riding instructions when you rent PWCs. Especially if you are not a regular boater. It could very well save your life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well said.

Safety first

Sea Ya

• 2 weeks later...