Do Princess read the CC boards

Eaglemad

If I ran a business, I would want to know what my customers were saying about my product/service. I'm quite sure sure that it isn't all about stopping passengers from smuggling booze and increasing their profits. Knowledge about what your customers like and don't like is quite valuable and we give it to Princess for free here on CC. Smart move if you ask me, and as a stockholder I love it!

A few years back a girl came to the same restaurant I go to. She worked for Carnival Corporation in sales. I asked her one day if she had ever heard of Cruise Critic. She almost fell off the bar stool. Her reaction was, well, priceless. Yup, they've heard about it. She worked for corporate but was not an executive.

So for all of you out there trying to figure out how to smuggle booze - let me just thank you on behalf of the cruise line for giving them a head's up :D. I'm sure all the "smuggle" threads are the reason for the change in policy.

They posted to tell us they'd read our complaints and were upgrading the furniture.

Their user name is "Princess Cruises". A search of the forum for all posts by Princess Cruises returns 8 threads containing their posts.

The most recent response is in Coral's "Come Back New" thread started on February 14th of this year. It is post #12.

Thank you. I hope upgrading means a more comfortable seat - I'm padded but it still feels like sitting on a rock.;)

Too bad they don't opt to reward loyal Princess fans who make so many posts extolling the virtues of Princess when it's time for the upgrade fairy to go into action, instead of so often choosing first time cruisers (or so it seems)!! LOLOL!!

Too bad they don't opt to reward loyal Princess fans who make so many posts extolling the virtues of Princess when it's time for the upgrade fairy to go into action, instead of so often choosing first time cruisers (or so it seems)!! LOLOL!!

as long as you keep cruising Princess, they have no incentive to upgrade you :o

Actually, they don't. Much as with TripAdvisor (where I am a DE), CC has very specific rules on that. They can REQUEST by reporting (just like any user can) but they cannot arbitrarily have a post removed or edited.

Princess does more than just read the boards. They have authority to have some threads/posts deleted.

Actually, they don't. Much as with TripAdvisor (where I am a DE), CC has very specific rules on that. They can REQUEST by reporting (just like any user can) but they cannot arbitrarily have a post removed or edited.
I agree. Only posts that violate the CC guidelines are removed. Or, if you are the poster, you can ask to have your post or thread removed. That's why they rarely post on CC: they have no control nor editing ability other than their own post.

FYI, what's a "DE"? :)

Edited by Pam in CA

It would be very rare for their request to be denied. It is NOT the same as how we CC users can make requests or report a post.

Edited by Dreamer333

Destination Expert - volunteers on a specific city or topic.

I agree. Only posts that violate the CC guidelines are removed. Or, if you are the poster, you can ask to have your post or thread removed. That's why they rarely post on CC: they have no control nor editing ability other than their own post.

FYI, what's a "DE"? :)

It would be very rare for their request to be denied. It is NOT the same as how we CC users can make requests or report a post.
It is the same. Where it might have more value is that the report would be a legitimate issue. Not all reports are real issues.

Whether the hosts give extra weight to their requests is a valid issue, and of course, they can contact CC legally. But there is no special functionality for cruise lines to manage posts or topics. They either report it the same way we do, or they contact CC management/hosts directly (we can email them as well BTW).

The key is it is NOT automatic, Princess nor any other line has no ability to edit or delete a post. Only hosts and CC admin can do that.

Whether the hosts give extra weight to their requests is a valid issue, and of course, they can contact CC legally. But there is no special functionality for cruise lines to manage posts or topics. They either report it the same way we do, or they contact CC management/hosts directly (we can email them as well BTW).

The key is it is NOT automatic, Princess nor any other line has no ability to edit or delete a post. Only hosts and CC admin can do that.

I've gotten some inside information about this practice. Princess has more authority than one may think. That is all I will say on this.

That's because we're already hooked.;) The first time we cruised Azamara we got a very nice upgrade, but never on Princess.

I've gotten some inside information about this practice. Princess has more authority than one may think. That is all I will say on this.

I don't think it can be that much of a secret.

It was reported here that cruise critic and royal carribbean have

a business arrangement regarding advertising and meet'n'greets.

Princess buys ads. Cruise critic sells ads. Princess even made

cc editor godmother of one of their ships.

Seems likely that a business would want to keep it's customers happy.

Many of us in the cruise industry read these boards for comedy relief.

Some of the wacky, over the top, other-worldly stuff you people come up with is just too good to be true.

Thank you for keeping us entertained.

:D:D heehee. It's not just you guys in the cruise industry. I'm chucking at the exchange about whether Princess can have posts removed. :D

Edited by bdjam

Princess even made cc editor godmother of one of their ships.
Interesting because I hadn't heard or read that. I know that Carolyn Spencer Brown is the "Madrina" for the new Regal Princess. She's not the Godmother.

I will state again that Princess can request that a post be removed or report it, just like any of us can, and perhaps their request/report is given more weight but Princess cannot tell CC to remove a post. I don't care how much "insider" information one thinks one has.

I asked the CD on our last Cruise where I hosted the M&G if they read CC and he said "You bet your #$% we do, where do you think we get material for our comedy acts from"! Quite a novel answer. It is obvious that they read these boards. They would be really stupid not to do it. They are not the only one's who do it, including the folks that are planning things for you while you are out of town, read that as too many FaceBook posts of where you are right now!!! BTW, guess who owns CC???

BTW, guess who owns CC???
No secret: TripAdvisor. CC was originally an area, or feature, in the Travel Channel on AOL. At the time, I was a Senior Program Manager for all community in five major channels. :)

Destination Expert - volunteers on a specific city or topic.
Interesting. Thanks. :) Edited by Pam in CA

Captain Nash told us that the Princess and Cunard boards are read and a summary list of issues and comments prepared daily. (Hopefully they cut out all the snark). He also said his wife would email and say, "NOW what have you done?" (That I can easily believe).
Captain Tony Yeomans also told us during a M&G that he looks at roll calls to get a feel for what the passengers desire and look forward to on this particular cruise. I think that is great customer service, especially at his level of seniority.

Fair call and understandable that Princess wouldn't answer every query or complaint on these boards, but it would be nice if they could answer questions in regards to fleet changes, policy changes that would have no legal ramifications.
When I worked for a major computer manufacturer, we had very strict rules and legal agreements for posting information on social media. To summarize, the individual can be held personally responsible for incorrect information, or posting information which can be seen by competitors as "future direction", losing a potential competitive advantage. Fleet changes could be seen as one of those future direction areas, especially if they are made in advance of opening up a new market such as the recent posting of ship(s) to the Japan market.

It can be tough to be a company representative on social media.

So for now let us on CC provide the facts we know, the honest opinions we have, mixed with a spice of speculation, and enjoy cruising!