One More IDEA About the Drink Packages

curtdesilets

Thanks for the info. Wouldn't really be worth upgrading it with the amount we'd drink, so I'm glad to hear we'll be fine.

A few reasons you would want to consider upgrading is if you prefer any wines that are more than $8/glass, beer that is more than $6/glass, martinis at the martini bar, drinks at molecular bar, or specialty coffee. I choose to because I enjoy a martini....or two...before dinner and since there aren't a whole lot of $8 and under wines it makes sense to upgrade......with the upgrade you would also get Evian water instead of the "generic" version, but that doesn't really matter to me. Either way,have fun!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the info. Wouldn't really be worth upgrading it with the amount we'd drink, so I'm glad to hear we'll be fine.

Last Nov we upgraded, our friends did not, they had a great time. The bartenders will make you a smaller version of most any of the martini's that will stay under the $8 cap.

Last Nov we upgraded, our friends did not, they had a great time. The bartenders will make you a smaller version of most any of the martini's that will stay under the $8 cap.

Some of the information I've read indicates that there are some coffees and such covered under the premium package. Might be that we could upgrade my wife's once we got onboard if we decided to. She's into the martinis and nice coffees, so that would be nice for her.

Some of the information I've read indicates that there are some coffees and such covered under the premium package. Might be that we could upgrade my wife's once we got onboard if we decided to. She's into the martinis and nice coffees, so that would be nice for her.

Look at these,

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/level3Type1.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes_cafe_al_bacio&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes

All were covered for our friends under the Classic.

Edited by wallie5446

That whole menu at Cafe Al Bacio was covered under the classic package? What do they consider specialty coffees then that would need the premium package?

That whole menu at Cafe Al Bacio was covered under the classic package? What do they consider specialty coffees then that would need the premium package?

Do those pastries cost extra too???

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Forums mobile app

Speciality coffees come with an 'extra' something added:D that kicks the price over the limit, hence the need to upgrade for some.

Do those pastries cost extra too???

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Forums mobile app

Hi, the pastries are complimentary and the almond crossiants are

delicious:)

A few reasons you would want to consider upgrading is if you prefer any specialty coffee

All specialty coffees at Al Bacio are part of the classic package (at least as of 2 weeks ago)

Here's a link to the Cafe al Bacio Menu and pricing at the X site.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/level3Type1.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes_cafe_al_bacio&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes

Anyone know what the difference is between:

Premium Coffees included in the Classic Non Alcoholic package

Specialty Coffees includes in the Premium Non Alcoholic package

Only those covered under the Classic package (i.e. 'Premium" coffees") would be include in the 123 classic beverage package....

Edited by cle-guy

There is heavy debate about whether or not the 1-2-3 Drink package brings about a heavier alcohol consumption and a more party atmosphere.

Most responders said no...that they utilized it more for specialty coffee drinks etc.

What I would say is if it is a "free" perk, people may not overindulge and try to get a dozen drinks or something nuts like that.

Conversely, if someone is paying $49 a day for a drink package, then he or she might subconsciously (or consciously) try to "get their money's worth" and would in fact drink more than those on the "free" perk.

These packages existed well before the 123 promo.....there was absolutely no evidence consistent with your theory.

I had the package at least four times before the promo, your ideas about over consumption couldn't be further from the truth.