Specialty Dining discounts?

irishayes

I've read that often offers half-off specialty dining promotions on your day of embarkation. Is this true?

We were going to book the 3 specialty dining package, but now wonder if it makes more sense to wait until we board and then book it. This would also allow us to use our OBC.

Opinions?

I've read that often offers half-off specialty dining promotions on your day of embarkation. Is this true?

We were going to book the 3 specialty dining package, but now wonder if it makes more sense to wait until we board and then book it. This would also allow us to use our OBC.

Opinions?

The discount can vary- from 20% or more. Yes, you can use you OBC. But if you booked the 3 specialty dining package and get the "discounted" package for three dinners, you will have an opportunity to dine in: Murano, The Lawn Grill, Tuscan Grill and Qsine. If you haven't dined in all of them a nice opportunity to enjoy all four. The speciality restaurants are far superior to the MDR and Blu.

Have a great cruise.

Edited by Cruise a holic

As far as I know, the 50% discount on embarkation day is offered to AQ guests and maybe suite guests? (We were in AQ). However, I have seen them offer 30% discount later in the cruise to any who wanted it, if bookings are slow.

So you are saying you cannot book a 3 specialty package at the discounted rate once on board?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Yes you can. I am saying if you book the three speciality restaurant package and if a special is offered for the first or another night dining- you can have both which will allow you a total of four speciality restaurants. Why not try all if available.

Edited by Cruise a holic

We have cruised Celebrity at least a dozen times and have generally noticed that at some point in a cruise discounts are offered for the specialty restaurants. So on our last cruise (18 days on the Solstice) we decided not to book in advance but to wait for the discounts (even requesting that our concierge notify us when they became available). Two weeks into the cruise-nada. Don't know if this represents a change in Celebrity policy or if the specialty restaurants were unusually busy during this cruise. On our next cruise, in May, on the Infinity, we have already booked the 3 dinner discount package.

Offers vary ship to ship, cruise to cruise. The first night offer is (usually) 50% off for aqua and suites/something less off for every one else. Beyond that, there are sometimes 30% off deals if bookings are going slow...I've seen 2 for 1's and on our latest cruise on the infinity, a new package offered on board...two dinners and a lunch for $90 (essentially the lunch is free)....but they didn't offer any discounts during the cruise, only the first night.

We were on the Eclipse in February, we had booked 3 nights of specialty restaurants, on around day 10 of the 14 day cruise, the maître d of Tuscan Grill came to our Mdr table and asked if we would like to book TG again for 25% off. We jumped at it, it was excellent both times. We were a group of 8 and I think he knew how much we had enjoyed it the first time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk